BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Allocations for October / November/ December (U.S.)

09-12-2016, 04:38 PM   #67
Stu Pedasho
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Clearing garage space

Cool

Does the possibility exist at this point for people low on the list, #6 and #8 respectively, with low volume dealers to never get an allocation? I was told be patient, it will take about a year from now. 97 allocations seems very low when you consider 350 or so US dealers. So these dealers may not get an allocation in any given QTR? That sets the time table even further out.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 04:43 PM   #68
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Pedasho
Does the possibility exist at this point for people low on the list, #6 and #8 respectively, with low volume dealers to never get an allocation? I was told be patient, it will take about a year from now. 97 allocations seems very low when you consider 350 or so US dealers. So these dealers may not get an allocation in any given QTR? That sets the time table even further out.
Yes, the possibility is there.

My dealer for example will be getting at most 10 cars for the planned 5 year production based on past and future allocations. They've already informed the other 10 folks on the list (22 total last I heard) odds are slim unless someone drops out.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 05:10 PM   #69
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Waiting for LBB M2

97 seems low considering the other allocation thread for Jul/Aug/Sep had over 500. Are allocations that seasonal?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 05:20 PM   #70
Roland the HTG
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Well this officially sucks.
2011 328xi 6MT (Kids)
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 05:24 PM   #71
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
About 97. Allocations were out late last week.
Source of intel? Makes sense to build fewer in the winter. Isn't exactly ramping up production though.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 06:18 PM   #72
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Unbelievable. Called my local dealers--one got zero allocations, the other got six, and the six gets me close but not close enough. Saw JKEN 115's post above in this thread, private messaged him, he gave me his number, I called him, he gave me the name of the salesman. I called the salesman, waited to see if someone who had called just ahead of me would put down $7500, was told he wouldn't, then put that money down, ordered my stripper car (MG, 6MT, no Exec, at MSRP), got a production number for an October build...and I'm done.

In about 10 minutes, after waiting a long long fucking time. The only bummer is I'm going to have pay shipping from Montgomery, Alabama to Seattle, but I can live with that just fine Weird how this stuff works out. Now it's finally real. Hot damn. Kind of in shock, but digging it. To those who have yet to score, keep the faith. It can happen at any moment.
Appreciate 3
ried791.50
      09-12-2016, 06:19 PM   #73
BimmerTroy
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKen_0115 View Post
Hi Guys: I got one allocation for Nov build, MSRP. Everything is configuration. PM me if you have interesting. The reason I can't get this one because I just got M2 from local.
Sorry guys this one is sold.

Last edited by BimmerTroy; 09-12-2016 at 07:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 06:20 PM   #74
BimmerTroy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Unbelievable. Called my local dealers--one got zero allocations, the other got six, and the six gets me close but not close enough. Saw JKEN 115's post above in this thread, private messaged him, he gave me his number, I called him, he gave me the name of the salesman. I called the salesman, waited to see if someone who had called just ahead of me would put down $7500, was told he wouldn't, then put that money down, ordered my stripper car (MG, 6MT, no Exec, at MSRP), got a production number for an October build...and I'm done.

In about 10 minutes, after waiting a long long fucking time. The only bummer is I'm going to have pay shipping from Montgomery, Alabama to Seattle, but I can live with that just fine Weird how this stuff works out. Now it's finally real. Hot damn. Kind of in shock, but digging it. To those who have yet to score, keep the faith. It can happen at any moment.
Thanks BruceM for your business
Appreciate 3
BruceM983.00
JKen_0115175.50
      09-12-2016, 08:49 PM   #75
MFan_Ken
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 LLB, 6MT, Exe, Car Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybmmr View Post
My CA says I have an order spot as of today!! Yay!!!!
Just got the call from my CA today that they finally received their allocation for October production. I will meet with him tomorrow to place a deposit and try to get more details and to finalize my configuration. I have been #1 on their waiting list since April. This will be this dealer's 1st configurable allocation since they are a very small dealership. I will be getting a LBB 6 speed manual executive package at MSRP. Had wanted to do ED but it will probably be too cold and perhaps snowy by the time ED can be done. I AM SO EXCITED I CAN'T EVEN EAT. Just when I was starting to give up hope.

Ken
Appreciate 2
ried791.50
      09-12-2016, 08:58 PM   #76
yojimbo1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Congrats Ken! Your patience was rewarded
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 09:00 PM   #77
Norcalmav23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW DCT M2

I got the call this afternoon from my dealership. I was originally #9. They sold their 1 HEA car to the #1 slot, and #2-5 got their allocations in the first June release. My fingers were crossed for this batch of allocations. They got 4 allocations once again, all October builds. My dealer is telling me to expect my car by end of the year at the latest. I am pumped the F up but feel bad for some of you not getting such great news today. My dealer is Peter Pan BMW located in San Mateo California. They are one of the largest BMW dealers in the area, probably the state.

Good luck everyone, I hope you guys get some good phone calls this week.

-Ryan
97 Integra GSR - crashed it
Appreciate 3
BruceM983.00
ried791.50
      09-12-2016, 09:16 PM   #78
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM

Nice call !

When allocation time happens, ya gotta be ready to swoop in. Well played.
Appreciate 1
BruceM983.00
      09-12-2016, 09:30 PM   #79
KeithR
Rep
Drives: Audi S5

No allocations at my CA dealer...one of the larger ones, too.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 09:40 PM   #80
QLAbot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Looks like they started dropping a little sooner than expected. I guess I'll be giving my dealer a call tomorrow! *fingers crossed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
No allocations at my CA dealer...one of the larger ones, too.
I would continue to check in this week, as allocations were originally expected to hit dealerships by the end of this week, so it may take a few more days.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 10:13 PM   #81
TucErDoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5 ans m2

Quote:

I PM'd JKEN about 15 min after he posted and he told me the car was spoken for (by BruceM i guess).

I was this so close , but congrats to BruceM and that was a good deed by another enthusiast

Last edited by TucErDoc; 09-12-2016 at 10:19 PM..
Appreciate 2
BruceM983.00
ried791.50
      09-12-2016, 10:17 PM   #82
BimmerTroy
Rep

Hey guys if my dealership gets another allocation I will let you know. I wish everyone the best on getting such a special car and apologize to everyone thats been getting the run around and also for dealerships holding large deposits on cars with no chance of getting one. I want to once again thank JKen_0115 for sending BruceM my way.

Last edited by BimmerTroy; 09-12-2016 at 10:28 PM..
Appreciate 2
NK8825.50
      09-12-2016, 10:38 PM   #83
JKen_0115
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017_M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerTroy
Hey guys if my dealership gets another allocation I will let you know. I wish everyone the best on getting such a special car and apologize to everyone thats been getting the run around from dealerships. And also from dealerships holding large deposits on cars with no chance of getting one. I want to thank JKen_0115 for sending BruceM my way.
Thanks Troy as well. You're such a good CA after I spoke over 100 CA since I have been looking around the allocation over the country in June, I want to say you're deserved for more opportunity coming along.

Keep in touch. I really like this community and hoping other Enthusiast can get their M2. The truth is to call around the dealer as possible as you can, you eventually can get one from someone backed up or cancelled instead of adding their waiting list.

Good luck for everyone who waiting the allocation. All things will come through soon!
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2016, 11:00 PM   #84
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Nice call !

When allocation time happens, ya gotta be ready to swoop in. Well played.
Thanks, but getting this allocation was about 5% well played and 95% dumb luck, plus a whole lot of kindness from a stranger. Much obliged to Ken, and the best of luck to everybody else still waiting!!

Actually, I'm still waiting too, but it's a better kind of wait
Appreciate 1
ried791.50
      09-12-2016, 11:14 PM   #85
BimmerTroy
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, but getting this allocation was about 5% well played and 95% dumb luck, plus a whole lot of kindness from a stranger. Much obliged to Ken, and the best of luck to everybody else still waiting!!

Actually, I'm still waiting too, but it's a better kind of wait
BruceM is one lucky guy I hope he buys a lotto ticket and wins so I can sell him a M4 GTS to go with the M2. Whats another two months when you've been waiting almost a year?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 11:21 PM   #86
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:

Way to go, Bruce!!!

I'm happy to see someone got free of the Seattle BMW vortex of mis-information and scored a car. I was #4 on the list as of last week. They just got 6 allocations. I'm now sitting at "number 2 or 3." Last I checked, 4 minus 6 was not "2 or 3" but hey, I'm not she sharpest knife in the drawer so what do I know.

Guess I should start a December/January/February thread.
Appreciate 2
BruceM983.00
      09-13-2016, 08:14 AM   #87
jpics80
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 - Alpine White

We got two!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 08:42 AM   #88
TucErDoc