BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Let's talk M2 ECU options

12-17-2017, 04:52 AM   #23
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by STK View Post
It would be pretty helpful to have a spreadsheet or a table comparing the tunes. The Stage 1 advertised hp and torque differences between the hex and bmp3, for example, are huge. Also, some of the companies offer different tunes for 91 vs 93 octane as well as other features. Seems like there have been at least five self-installed tunes to hit the market in the last several weeks.

So a comparison table would be a great addition to this discussion. I don't want to start flame wars, but seeing the stats and features side by side would lend clarity and focus the discussion. And I'm sure folks with experience with these tuners could add insight on tradeoffs between, say, additional hp vs smoothness. I wouldn't know how to embed a table into one of these posts. It might even be worth a new tread. I know I'd be watching.
I am sure someone can start a sticky thread.......
Appreciate 0