BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Single pipe exhaust vs twin

04-19-2018, 10:58 AM   #1
Guydj1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LBB

Single pipe exhaust vs twin

Bit of a dilemma whether a 2 pipe bore exhaust is better than the single pipe option on the M2? The M2 manifold design dictates a true single pipe configuration system with it being 2 into 1 unlike the M3/4 which is a true 2 pipe system. I’m considering changing the exhaust system but considering retaining the single pipe configuration. Does anyone have an aftermarket single bore cat back exhaust rather than the twin configuration like the Remus
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 11:41 AM   #2
David@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: M2

Our system uses a true single design, utilizing 3.5" mandrel bent stainless tubing from the turbo back. The stock downpipe and all of the aftermarket options shrink down to just under 3" before connecting to the exhaust system. Our system maintains the 3.5" diameter from the turbo back to the tips.

The benefit of a single design is to promote exhaust velocity. We've found that it makes more power and helps turbo spool compared to the dual pipe systems. Even our M3/M4 system is a single 3.5" design and it's proven to be the most effective system on the market.

https://store.activeautowerke.com/pr...exhaust-system
Appreciate 3
Taskmaster2465.00
dcmac438.50
      04-19-2018, 01:08 PM   #3
Guydj1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by David@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Our system uses a true single design, utilizing 3.5" mandrel bent stainless tubing from the turbo back. The stock downpipe and all of the aftermarket options shrink down to just under 3" before connecting to the exhaust system. Our system maintains the 3.5" diameter from the turbo back to the tips.

The benefit of a single design is to promote exhaust velocity. We've found that it makes more power and helps turbo spool compared to the dual pipe systems. Even our M3/M4 system is a single 3.5" design and it's proven to be the most effective system on the market.

https://store.activeautowerke.com/pr...exhaust-system
I was thinking along those lines it’s better to stick with single pipe design given I’m considering having a system built. I just wanted to be certain I improved on what I had performance wise as well as deeper sounding system
Appreciate 0