BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > New and am about to Order - Thoughts

12-15-2017, 09:44 AM   #23
M2Nebula
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2, X1, TSX WGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrat 2 View Post
Order the car and skip the European delivery. If there is no discount then you may as well order the car and get it early in the year so you can drive it. If you don't get until August then you are right up on winter in Canada. Go on vacation in Europe as a reward for getting your car early and avoiding ED.
This makes the most sense to me as well. No discount then why wait? When you take a vacation there spend the money and rent something really cool like a Ferrari F12 or Porsche 918.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 10:17 AM   #24
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 '18

Dcmac. I am handy. Was thinking I would remove the top part of the armrest and make a new thin version
I really think that would help. I'll post how out turns out next year when it's done.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 11:21 AM   #25
Potatohead-M2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrat 2 View Post
Order the car and skip the European delivery. If there is no discount then you may as well order the car and get it early in the year so you can drive it. If you don't get until August then you are right up on winter in Canada. Go on vacation in Europe as a reward for getting your car early and avoiding ED.
Not to mention driving over there in my new car I would be stressed out. Parking is always super tight, you need to leave the car outside overnight maybe on the street, etc etc. It's annoying with a rental car let alone my brand new car.
Appreciate 1
doug_9992541.50
      12-15-2017, 12:50 PM   #26
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoosexy View Post
I think the grey is more of a badass color in an understated way. classy but will punch ya in the mouth if needed
mg 6mt is how I would order.
The gray looks mean and menacing on the M2.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 05:43 PM   #27
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmac View Post
I agree with you on the armrest comment. When test driving the 6MT I couldn't put my finger on just a slight level of non-perfectness to the position of my arm to the shifter and now that you've mentioned this, I think this is it.

I'm hoping I'll just get used to it... I'm also thinking it's because I've moved from a right hand drive market to a left hand drive market in the last year... shifting with my right hand is EXTREMELY weird. But again, hoping I'll get used to it with time.

All that said, none of these nitpicks stopped me from ordering a 6MT Mineral Grey.. It's currently waiting at port in Germany

And I didn't think my colour was "hardcore" but hey I'll take it lol
Have you looked on the RealOEM site? Check the #1 center console. Not sure of the part # but it looks like it does not have the armrest. These consoles are easy to swap out. Did so on my MINI for the same reason. They sell so few manuals they are never a consideration in the manufacturing process.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 04:33 AM   #28
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
You're the only person who thinks Mineral Gray is a statement and the LBB is under the radar. The LBB is going to get you attention, Mingeral Gray you will blend in.
LLB kids, MG grown ups JK

LBB does pop and the majority of units sold in '16/17 were LBB I am pretty sure.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 09:23 AM   #29
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

Driving my own new M2 in Europe was indeed a little bit stressful at times, but it was also a thrill and totally worth it, but of course that's my opinion. It's still just a car, and not some priceless classic like a 250 GTO. To me, while it'd still be fun, it wouldn't be the same in a rental car.
      12-16-2017, 09:59 AM   #30
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2ruder View Post
LLB kids, MG grown ups JK

LBB does pop and the majority of units sold in '16/17 were LBB I am pretty sure.
My wife says I should get it in black. She also likes the grey but her car is grey.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 12:10 PM   #31
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Can never have too much grey......we now have a all grey garage M2, CLS550 & XC60 all some form of grey
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 12:56 PM   #32
Pyrat 2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryK View Post
My wife says I should get it in black. She also likes the grey but her car is grey.
Can't go wrong with Black.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 10:29 AM   #33
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Dam Pyrat 2. That does look great!!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 11:56 AM   #34
Fangi0
El Chueco
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT, '15 F10 M5

Quote:
Do you guys enjoy the daily drive in the M2?
Resounding yes here.
The suspension is firm and vs M240i, xDrive or not, your tuchus will feel the difference every mile of the road --also bumps and imperfections that produce higher frequency vibrations. Doesn't bother me one bit.

Quote:
Anyone doe the ED thing?
I am new here but I have read a few stories of those who have. For them, it remains a no-brainer.
I am originally from Europe and while I can't attest for the ED experience itself as I have never done it, I can for the roads --them alone give you my unequivocal "do it if you can".

Quote:
Are they just an easy way to loose your licence?
I wouldn't say so. Also, would you solely blame a newly acquired swimsuit model girlfriend for getting her pregnant on the first date? Takes two to tango. Now having said this, I don't know how it is for member friends in other parts of the US, but in CO where I live now, it is risible in comparison the number of people wanting to race against the M2 vs M5 --nobody notices the latter.

Quote:
Also have seen all the colors and was thinking white till today.
Personal choice. I ordered mine AW --most of my BMWs have been. It is what I like.

One thing about LBB: you have to see it in person to truly appreciate it, the color is fantastic, and it suits the M2 like a glove.

Hope this helps.
      12-17-2017, 11:29 PM   #35
2017M2LBB
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

LBB...but I'm biased

Mineral gray looks sharp too...good luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 02:56 PM   #36
dcmac
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 LCI M2

Quote:
Have you looked on the RealOEM site? Check the #1 center console. Not sure of the part # but it looks like it does not have the armrest. These consoles are easy to swap out. Did so on my MINI for the same reason. They sell so few manuals they are never a consideration in the manufacturing process.
Interesting. I'll drive the car for a bit and see if I get used to the positioning. If not, this looks like a good option. Thanks.
Appreciate 0