BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Picture of the door with trim panel removed

12-17-2017, 05:25 PM   #1
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 '18

Picture of the door with trim panel removed

Not sure how many "fiddlers" there are on this forum. I am one and can not leave anything alone.
Have the HK stereo in the MINI and will be upgrading the M2 with new amps and door speakers. The M2 has slightly more room under the seat so deeper base is possible.
I have read all the arguments and opinions about the soundproofing in our cars (I say our but I have a January build). I find it hard to believe that the doors have no sound insulation - there is none shown on RealOEM but then again there is no sound insulation at all shown on that site for the M240i LCI so it could be wrong. I know they pulled insulation from the fire wall and the back wheel wells but find it hard to believe that they did not put any in the doors.
Hence the request above. I will put in door insulation if there is none.
Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 09:46 PM   #2
cookiesowns
;)
Rep
Drives: X5 45e, 535i N54, X3 N55

Darn I should have taken a picture. There is some very slight but not a whole lot of sound deadening. Not sure how it compares to other cars. The one foam thing that most people have put in should do the trick.
Appreciate 0