BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > DCT Carbon Fiber Interior kit.

10-29-2017, 10:11 AM   #1
McGary911
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2 DCT

DCT Carbon Fiber Interior kit.

I just ordered this dress up kit for the center console. The list price is kind of steep, but the price @ getbmwparts isn't too bad. I even found a coupon code that pretty much got me free shipping (SAVE5, I think it was).

The console around the DCT shifter looks kind of plasticy to me...guess another sign of the cost save to keep the M2 price where it is. I think this will be a nice dress up. It also includes a new brake handle. It kind of bugs me that the polar blue stitching on the boot doesn't continue (or line up with) the stitching on the stock handle.

I think my final price is around $427 or so. Still kind of steep but doable.

Anyone else get this kit? Installation looks pretty simple.

I'll post up some pics when the kit lands. Hopefully, by Thursday or Friday.

PN 51952411428
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 01:56 AM   #2
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGary911 View Post
I just ordered this dress up kit for the center console. The list price is kind of steep, but the price @ getbmwparts isn't too bad. I even found a coupon code that pretty much got me free shipping (SAVE5, I think it was).

The console around the DCT shifter looks kind of plasticy to me...guess another sign of the cost save to keep the M2 price where it is. I think this will be a nice dress up. It also includes a new brake handle. It kind of bugs me that the polar blue stitching on the boot doesn't continue (or line up with) the stitching on the stock handle.

I think my final price is around $427 or so. Still kind of steep but doable.

Anyone else get this kit? Installation looks pretty simple.

I'll post up some pics when the kit lands. Hopefully, by Thursday or Friday.

PN 51952411428
I don't have that but I do have the open pore carbon fiber insert for the steering wheel. I have not installed it yet though, probably next weekend I will do it. This weekend I did some exterior stuff.

I would think the wheel insert would go well with your other interior upgrades.

https://ind-distribution.com/product?sku=32302413480

There is also the alcantara hood that goes over the gauge cover that's a pretty cool. You could get one of those if you're looking for more stuff.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 03:29 AM   #3
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

I have the kit, even though only a minor change i think it's a big improvemment over the oem pieces.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 11:56 AM   #4
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

If I could get the trim without the M PERFORMANCE badge I would be all over the steering wheel trim.
      10-30-2017, 12:59 PM   #5
McGary911
Captain
United_States
Rep

I DO like the wheel trim, but I'd probably hold off until I did the whole wheel. I [I]really[I] like the 1/2 leather 1/2 alcantara one, but hard for me to justify a new wheel to replace what's essentially another brand new wheel. I have a similar one on my M3 and love it.

I've seen the gauge binnacle on the forum. It sounds like it's well done, but just not for me.

Glad Prodigy gives the interior kit a thumbs up. It's tricky buying this stuff sight unseen....although that's what i did with the car in general, lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 05:50 PM   #6
BishUK
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 DCT LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
If I could get the trim without the M PERFORMANCE badge I would be all over the steering wheel trim.
It is literally a gel sticker that is simple to remove and won't leave a trace, nothing stopping you getting all over it!

Edit: Actually, having looked closer at my own this morning, the badge looks as though it's sitting in a recess so you would see a thin rectangular impression in the CF which would look a bit odd granted.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 02:27 PM   #7
akkando
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
Yeah... I kind of think I could get it off of there.... but I am worried I ruin it in my attempt to do that. I guess heat it up and then what? I don't like the feel of the plastic at the bottom of the OEM piece though so I still went for it.

Probably easier to pull it off the glossy CF version rather than open pore honestly... hmmmm.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 02:28 PM   #8
akkando
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishUK View Post
It is literally a gel sticker that is simple to remove and won't leave a trace, nothing stopping you getting all over it!

Edit: Actually, having looked closer at my own this morning, the badge looks as though it's sitting in a recess so you would see a thin rectangular impression in the CF which would look a bit odd granted.
Let me know if you're brave enough to take it off.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 09:00 PM   #9
McGary911
Captain
United_States
Rep

It arrived a day sooner than I thought. I just got done installing it. I think it looks pretty good. The shifter is the trickiest part, but only because I was being super careful. I used dental floss to get off the old cover piece with the shift locations. Sawing back and forth did the trick after jamming the floss into the crack with my fingernail.

Haven't driven it yet, but I think the drive to work in the am will be just that much more fun.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 09:27 PM   #10
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
It arrived a day sooner than I thought. I just got done installing it. I think it looks pretty good. The shifter is the trickiest part, but only because I was being super careful. I used dental floss to get off the old cover piece with the shift locations. Sawing back and forth did the trick after jamming the floss into the crack with my fingernail.

Haven't driven it yet, but I think the drive to work in the am will be just that much more fun.
Yeah i used the same approcah to get the DCT label off, was actually able to re-use the old one.
I found trying to get the boot cover off the hardest, trying to unclip the tabs from the centre armrest was a real pain.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2017, 08:54 AM   #11
McGary911
Captain
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Yeah i used the same approcah to get the DCT label off, was actually able to re-use the old one.
I found trying to get the boot cover off the hardest, trying to unclip the tabs from the centre armrest was a real pain.
Using the dental floss, I scratched off a touch of the silver paint for the M, but a little touch up on the back and it's fine. I'll save that for a spare. The brake boot was a little tricky...the top corner toward the pass seat was simple, the drivers side was the grabby one. I just squeezed hard and pried with a trim removal tool. It made a pop, but nothing broke. It does take some pressure.

Overall, I really like the look. It looks more refined. It really darkens the area which isn't surprising since I replaced 2 silver pieces with darker CF. This would be a great look for the guys with the blacked out cars. I don't know if I'd lay out over $500 for the kit, but for a touch over 4, I like it.

Here's a pic. I know it's pretty generic as there are pics of the kit all over the place, but this is MY car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Prodigy.697.50
dtmurf480.00
rocke29105.50
      11-13-2017, 04:33 PM   #12
getBMWparts
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW Parts

Quote:
Using the dental floss, I scratched off a touch of the silver paint for the M, but a little touch up on the back and it's fine. I'll save that for a spare. The brake boot was a little tricky...the top corner toward the pass seat was simple, the drivers side was the grabby one. I just squeezed hard and pried with a trim removal tool. It made a pop, but nothing broke. It does take some pressure.

Overall, I really like the look. It looks more refined. It really darkens the area which isn't surprising since I replaced 2 silver pieces with darker CF. This would be a great look for the guys with the blacked out cars. I don't know if I'd lay out over $500 for the kit, but for a touch over 4, I like it.

Here's a pic. I know it's pretty generic as there are pics of the kit all over the place, but this is MY car.
Looks GREAT! Glad to hear you're enjoying the kit.

Thanks again for your business,

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 02:17 PM   #13
dtmurf
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
1996 BMW 318is  [4.75]
2012 Audi Q5  [4.50]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:

...what going on with your cup holders? It looks like you have some kind of cover or something over the one on the left? Can't really see the right one...
      12-08-2017, 10:46 AM   #14
McGary911
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmurf View Post
...what going on with your cup holders? It looks like you have some kind of cover or something over the one on the left? Can't really see the right one...
I don't drink in the car and don't want others getting any ideas, so I bought the cup holder inserts. They're perfect. BMW parts, too. Check this thread:

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...ght=cup+holder
Appreciate 1
dtmurf480.00