BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Is this a good deal?

10-09-2017, 09:21 AM   #23
RedCarrot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 AW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by im2 View Post
Hi all,

Im looking at going from a 2013 Camaro ZL1 to an M2 or possibly Cayman, i looked at this M2 the other day and really fell in love tho. Is this a good deal? Would you look for something with lower miles or just go new? this is the only one im finding in the area. this would be my summer only car, driven 3-4 days/week. i have a test drive on monday. thanks

https://www.grautogallery.com/vehicles/4958/2016-bmw-m2
IMHO, at asking price, it is a horrible deal. For all intents and purposes, it is a 2 year-old car with 24K miles (avg as a daily driver). To give some perspective, the residual value of a 3 year lease is typically 46-50%. That car's sticker price was about $54K. Yes, the M2 is relatively limited in supply (for now) but buying a 2 year old car at 92% residual is ridiculous. We are NOT talking about Cayman GT4 here.

To assess 10% depreciation for each of the first 2 years is to be generous. At that rate, that car is worth $45K at best in my book. I am sure there are people out there that are willing to pay over $45K for it, but certainly not me. YMMV
Appreciate 1
Wharf Rat186.00
      10-11-2017, 07:17 AM   #24
RedCarrot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 AW M2

im2, this is by far a better deal: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1429710

2017 LBB with Exec Pkg and other nice tidbits. Only 12k miles, at $49,000
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 11:09 AM   #25
im2
Rep
Drives: M2/Jeep Overland

well i went into the dealership today and was put on the list, currently im looking at q2 for european delivery. i put in for the LBB, manual, executive pkg., and car play. debated on the color. the mineral gray looks awesome as well. salesman mentioned that i would have a very limited amount of time to make up my mind on color. i figured i would have at least until they give the allocation? either way very excited to go to europe
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 03:33 PM   #26
jjclyde
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by im2 View Post
well i went into the dealership today and was put on the list, currently im looking at q2 for european delivery. i put in for the LBB, manual, executive pkg., and car play. debated on the color. the mineral gray looks awesome as well. salesman mentioned that i would have a very limited amount of time to make up my mind on color. i figured i would have at least until they give the allocation? either way very excited to go to europe
You can change your mind on all configurable things until it goes to status 150 (production start). And that happens way after you get an allocation. You should get a production number after you get allocation --- and you can STILL make changes even with a production number - up until it hits status 150.

Check out the "tracking status" sticky in this forum if you want all the details.

BTW - The car in LBB is amazing. I just took delivery of my LBB - far exceeded my expectations in real life. I've the exact same build as yours.
Appreciate 0