BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Damaged In Transport

10-17-2017, 05:14 PM   #23
BishUK
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 DCT LBB

Cannot believe this thread has actually reached a second page!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 04:19 AM   #24
diavliyo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 128TI

you know where you can buy the paint to paint the tire with a scratch
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 04:20 AM   #25
diavliyo
Lieutenant
Rep

Llanta...
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 04:31 AM   #26
diavliyo
Lieutenant
Rep

Where can the paint be purchased online to paint the scratch on the rim?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 01:45 PM   #27
McPurrs
The deuce gets loose
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 BSM 6MT

I would only accept a new wheel. That or I would not take delivery.
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2017, 05:01 PM   #28
Ian ///M
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 (DCT)

Many cars are damaged on transport . Dealers just fix the damage prior to delivery. Unless it’s major , most don’t even know
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 05:28 PM   #29
diavliyo
Lieutenant
Rep

Help
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 07:47 PM   #30
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by diavliyo View Post
Where can the paint be purchased online to paint the scratch on the rim?
It's clearcoat with a little black in it. It has to be custom-mixed at an auto body supply store. Every alloy wheel repair place I talked to said they wouldn't touch the job, although there's a rumor about a shop somewhere in Ohio that can refinish an M2 wheel for $400-500.

Get a new wheel if you're not the one who damaged it.
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2017, 09:34 PM   #31
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

A month after delivery, my eagle eyed friend noticed this! I never noticed despite washing the car ... Its hard to see if it winds up on the bottom, but roll it so that the damage is on top and its plain to see.. Dealer thinks it looks like it was burned in that section, maybe during polishing.. The clearcoat is removed in that section.. If not looking carefully, it just looks like a highlight from the available light. Dealer is replacing it for me next week.. Lucky for me, I happened to have photographed the car in the driveway right after I had driven it home after taking delivery, and the time stamp clearly shows that theres no way I could have damaged it myself in the allotted time. It almost looks like it was either lightly curbed and then gently filed and sanded, except that youd expect to see evidence on the tire as well.. Or perhaps during initial mounting it was scuffed and then a repair attempted by aforementioned light filing and sanding. Whatever the cause, glad to say theyre doing the right thing.
Attached Images

Last edited by boostm3; 11-02-2017 at 09:02 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2017, 12:29 PM   #32
MPOWERE9
POWERFUL1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M2 AW 6M MR MStripe

Garage List
1973 Bmw/3.0CSi  [0.00]
Denied Damage

So I spoke with United Road today and they denied the damage because the dealership did not submit the claim for 29 days. I have sent a request to the European deliver department to see if their is fright insurance on it from BMW.

I guess the lesson is examine your car on delivery and make sure it is noted immediately.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #33
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPOWERE9 View Post
So I spoke with United Road today and they denied the damage because the dealership did not submit the claim for 29 days. I have sent a request to the European deliver department to see if their is fright insurance on it from BMW.

I guess the lesson is examine your car on delivery and make sure it is noted immediately.
I must be missing something here. Why do you even have to communicate with the carrier. Did you buy this from a dealership? Then its incumbent on them to replace it.. You bought a new car, not a repaired car. You have every right to expect a car in pristine condition. Is there any reason you dont expect them to do this?
      11-22-2017, 07:26 AM   #34
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
I must be missing something here. Why do you even have to communicate with the carrier. Did you buy this from a dealership? Then its incumbent on them to replace it.. You bought a new car, not a repaired car. You have every right to expect a car in pristine condition. Is there any reason you don't expect them to do this?
Yeah I am so confused. BMW delivered a car to you with a fucked up wheel. BMW needs to replace the wheel and everyone moves on with their life. To you it's not relevant who delivered the car to BMW before they gave it to you.

Have those mother fuckers, get a new wheel. Nothing else is acceptable. If they don't want to hear it then you tell them that you're going to tell everyone you know this dealer, won't replace a wheel they delivered to you damaged. You're going to tell your friends, your co workers, you're going to tell this forum that dealer won't replace a wheel they sold damaged, you might send a note to the car blogs to see if they will run a story on it. They can choose to have shitty customer service but the customer can choose to let people know about that shitty customer service. Call them and bother them every single day if you have to.

BMW needs to replace this wheel. It's like what, retails for $900? It costs them less than that so less than a thousand and basically no labor to replace the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 07:34 AM   #35
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spa2k View Post
It's clearcoat with a little black in it. It has to be custom-mixed at an auto body supply store. Every alloy wheel repair place I talked to said they wouldn't touch the job, although there's a rumor about a shop somewhere in Ohio that can refinish an M2 wheel for $400-500.

Get a new wheel if you're not the one who damaged it.
I had two curbed rims and had both fixed flawlessly for $275 a piece (including dismounting and remounting the tire) at my local wheel repair shop. Tire came off and the entire thing was repainted to match the other wheels.

Can't tell there was every any damage and the color matches perfect. Not sure why people have so much trouble finding places to fix their wheels. The color matching isn't that hard if the person fixing your wheel knows what they're doing. I would think any good repair shop can easily do this job but from what i've read on here i seem to be the outlier.
Appreciate 2
      11-22-2017, 02:47 PM   #36
pissclams
bad ***** poster _
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3, 2018 F87

The cars have freight insurance and nothing is on the dealer until it takes delivery from the freight agent
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2017, 01:55 AM   #37
MPOWERE9
POWERFUL1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M2 AW 6M MR MStripe

Garage List
1973 Bmw/3.0CSi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Yeah I am so confused. BMW delivered a car to you with a fucked up wheel. BMW needs to replace the wheel and everyone moves on with their life. To you it's not relevant who delivered the car to BMW before they gave it to you.

Have those mother fuckers, get a new wheel. Nothing else is acceptable. If they don't want to hear it then you tell them that you're going to tell everyone you know this dealer, won't replace a wheel they delivered to you damaged. You're going to tell your friends, your co workers, you're going to tell this forum that dealer won't replace a wheel they sold damaged, you might send a note to the car blogs to see if they will run a story on it. They can choose to have shitty customer service but the customer can choose to let people know about that shitty customer service. Call them and bother them every single day if you have to.

BMW needs to replace this wheel. It's like what, retails for $900? It costs them less than that so less than a thousand and basically no labor to replace the wheel.

I think the problem is I am a bit of a quiet guy so I don't cause problems. I am thinking my SA screwed up by not getting the claim submitted timely. I didn't want to toss him under the bus but I have been slowly trying to ramp it up. I talked with the manager and he has been unaware of the problem (So he said). The problem I had was he was there when they washed the car and we discovered the damage. He should have taken care of it right then but he was talking getting it buffed or painted. I am not really in the paint your brand new wheel.

Goodish news I got in touch with BMW's European Delivery group as I figured they procured the freight insurance. They informed me that their team is investigating it and will contact the dealership to get it resolved. Bad part is I probably wont hear from them for a week.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2017, 12:44 PM   #38
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPOWERE9 View Post
I think the problem is I am a bit of a quiet guy so I don't cause problems. I am thinking my SA screwed up by not getting the claim submitted timely. I didn't want to toss him under the bus but I have been slowly trying to ramp it up. I talked with the manager and he has been unaware of the problem (So he said). The problem I had was he was there when they washed the car and we discovered the damage. He should have taken care of it right then but he was talking getting it buffed or painted. I am not really in the paint your brand new wheel.

Goodish news I got in touch with BMW's European Delivery group as I figured they procured the freight insurance. They informed me that their team is investigating it and will contact the dealership to get it resolved. Bad part is I probably wont hear from them for a week.
Check my post #31 above.. I had a damaged wheel as well. I also had it delivered with a nick in the door handle. As youll read, everybody saw the door handle nick at delivery and they arranged for the body shop to repaint the handle a week later. I didnt even notice the wheel damage til a month after delivery... I spoke to the service manager and showed him the damage. They replaced the wheel for me and would handle the insurance claims, whatever, AFTER they made me, the customer whole. This is how it should be.. You need to man up and DEMAND a replacement.. Not a repair. And if they stall or try to steer you in another direction you need to contact BMWUSA and tell them whats going on.. What you are going through with this whole thing is unconscionable, and you need to drive this harder, and let them know youll take action if they dont do the right thing. Same thing if they try to hide behind insurance company delays, etc. Tell them thats not your problem, and if they have issues with their claim, to deal with that AFTER theyve ordered and installed your replacement. Enough with this!