BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 vs... > It's official: (Lap times) TT RS faster than M2, M4 and M6.

04-07-2017, 12:13 AM   #111
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage IV View Post
People need to understand. OP resides in Puerto Rico, a locale notorious for cold, snowy weather where AWD could be beneficial.
If some streets/roads overthere are as bad as in Barranquilla (great city!) where my wife is from, I'd recommend a Ford F150 and call it a day lol.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 02:18 AM   #112
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

I know it's just MY OPINION() but half an hour ago my dealership changed my stockwheels for my 18 " driftsetup.

I'm having a track/driftday in Germany this sunday.

Because the doors were open in the building I heard it start up (the car was already warm from me driving this early morning) and the mechanic drove my car out of the garagebuilding made a circle with some gas on it and stopped next to me standing there...

For the love of God even in normal/comfort my MPE/engine/exhaust already sounds popping/agressive/menacing/powerful and above all : GREAT!
Lookswise idem dito.Even with 18 inch alloys....

Point is I don't hear/see myself/my car from a small distance very often. Eye(ear)opener.

My mate had a '16 RS3 which I heard a few times: Alright, but it doesn't come close to my M2 MPE sound.

But hey IMHO. I know in this thread talking to a tree gets you further....

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 10:27 AM   #113
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
In independent German tests, driving dynamics, steering, braking, and accelleration in higher gear from lower speeds, the TT RS doesn't come to the M2.

Imho those are things which are rather important to me as I want to enjoy my car/drive.

Also(as already stated 100 times before), looks and sound are subjective.
My M2 looks and sounds 10 times better than a TT RS...

AWD is perfect for WRC (gravel/snow stages) and Gr B /Rally X cars:
I love Delta S4, one of the greatest cars ever built, but you cannot compare a mid engined 930kg >500BHP from >30 years ago to a Louis Vuitton bag on wheels

Cheers
Robin
Sounds 10 times better than a TT RS

I understand yours is modded, (which cost a lot!).

But keep in mind, TT RS sounds different than the RS3, and if it was modded? Good lord, it would just multiply it...

I really want to hear comparisons with new 18' models!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 10:33 AM   #114
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
In independent German tests, driving dynamics, steering, braking, and accelleration in higher gear from lower speeds, the TT RS doesn't come to the M2.

Imho those are things which are rather important to me as I want to enjoy my car/drive.

I love Delta S4, one of the greatest cars ever built, but you cannot compare a mid engined 930kg >500BHP from >30 years ago to a Louis Vuitton bag on wheels

Cheers
Robin
Sounds 10 times better than a TT RS

I understand yours is modded, (which cost a lot!).

But keep in mind, TT RS sounds different than the RS3, and if it was modded? Good lord, it would just multiply it...

I really want to hear comparisons with new 18' models!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 10:34 AM   #115
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Imagine 2:04 modded xD

But yeah, remember that the M2 sounds better than the M4.

How will the CS sound I wonder...
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 11:42 AM   #116
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2GranCoupeOLEDlights View Post
One thing is for sure, you can't think.

Let's give a few examples. A lot of Porsches have AWD, M5 has AWD, Lambos have AWD, Hell, even an STI WRX or Evo. Jaguar's F type can come in AWD...GTR? Hello?

So yeah...and you mentioned NASCAR...what? I don't even...

Anyways, I'm not trolling, you simply can't think. Not to mention the million dollar Porsche.

BTW, The same way a Ford Focus is compared to the M2, the M2 gets compared to the TT RS. However, The TT RS also gets compared to $120,000 cars because of its insane speed and luxury. So yeah.
None of those are sports cars, most of them are 4,000+ pigs that plow on turn in and overheat on track.

TTRS is a classic example of lipstick on a pig, some shiny parts and more power in a hairdressers car. Put all the AWD, turbos, fancy aero but it's still an ugly chick car.

You're clearly not a thinker if you dismiss NASCAR, there's a ton of technology, performance and engineering in those cars, much more than your super gay Audi. And you totally missed my point, no major professional racing series uses AWD cars.
Appreciate 1
Dav3948.50
      04-07-2017, 01:34 PM   #117
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
None of those are sports cars, most of them are 4,000+ pigs that plow on turn in and overheat on track.

TTRS is a classic example of lipstick on a pig, some shiny parts and more power in a hairdressers car. Put all the AWD, turbos, fancy aero but it's still an ugly chick car.

You're clearly not a thinker if you dismiss NASCAR, there's a ton of technology, performance and engineering in those cars, much more than your super gay Audi. And you totally missed my point, no major professional racing series uses AWD cars.
Why is this kid even here?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #118
AndyinHou
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2023 M2 BG O.T.W.

Quote:

Cheers
Robin
Robin, where did you see those German tests?

Not trying to discredit them, just trying to while away the 6 months before my M2 arrives!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 01:55 PM   #119
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

None of them are sports cars? Ok. Let's see what a sports car is:
"a low-built car designed for performance at high speeds."

So yeah. They are.

Why does it look like a chick car? EVERY SINGLE REVIEWER says it is a better looking car than the Bmw.

What's wrong with being gay? LOL, are you like a social retard or something? Again, WHAT IS GAY ABOUT IT????

"no major professional racing series uses AWD cars"

-I've had many AWD cars and loved them all. GMC Syclone, 2004 VW R32, 2007 Audi RS4, 2014 Porsche 911 C4S. All fun cars. I prefer driving an AWD car to RWD. Looking forward to the TT RS.

Many motor sports series no longer allow AWD because Audi whooped everyone and it was considered an unfair advantage.-

BMW owners: "this looks hotter IMO

and yes I'm an M4 owner"

-------

Gay looking? That's a funny joke.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 02:08 PM   #120
AndyinHou
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2023 M2 BG O.T.W.

Quote:

So yeah. They are.

Why does it look like a chick car? EVERY SINGLE REVIEWER says it is a better looking car than the Bmw.

What's wrong with being gay? LOL, are you like a social retard or something? Again, WHAT IS GAY ABOUT IT????

-I've had many AWD cars and loved them all. GMC Syclone, 2004 VW R32, 2007 Audi RS4, 2014 Porsche 911 C4S. All fun cars. I prefer driving an AWD car to RWD. Looking forward to the TT RS.

Many motor sports series no longer allow AWD because Audi whooped everyone and it was considered an unfair advantage.-

and yes I'm an M4 owner"

-------

I wouldn't say it looks gay, but it does look far too much like the original TT (no surprise there) which is a car I could never grow to love.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 02:32 PM   #121
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Why is this kid even here?
Why are you even here? Take your audi fanboi posts to the hairdressers/vw forum.

I actually own a M2 (and a F80 M3) and contribute to the forum, you're just here to make asshat comments.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 02:35 PM   #122
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

So yeah. They are.

and yes I'm an M4 owner"

-------

There's nothing wrong with being gay, I just pointed out the TT looks like something homosexuals enjoy, if that's your cup of tea I'm not here to judge.

I found previously unreleased spy photos of the Audi TT.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
BruceM984.50
Robin_NL8717.00
No Boost4021.00
      04-07-2017, 05:36 PM   #123
soco352
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 (On Order)

I've been reading this thread for a while and I just don't get the point of why the OP is here. You're on a BMW M2 forum talking about how an Audi is better. Why? What's the point? If you really believe that (and sounds like you do) go buy the TTRS. Sounds like it's going to be a great car that you'll thoroughly enjoy when you get one. why waste yours and everyone's time?
Appreciate 2
Robin_NL8717.00
M2Dynamic183.50
      04-07-2017, 06:34 PM   #124
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by soco352 View Post
I've been reading this thread for a while and I just don't get the point of why the OP is here. You're on a BMW M2 forum talking about how an Audi is better. Why? What's the point? If you really believe that (and sounds like you do) go buy the TTRS. Sounds like it's going to be a great car that you'll thoroughly enjoy when you get one. why waste yours and everyone's time?
Believe me, this is not the first, nor second, nor third, etc. time that question has been posed to this guy, in this and other threads he manages to hijack to croon about his automotive wet dream, and accuse others of being "illogical" and childish for failing to submit to his unassailable conclusion that it is superior to the M2 in every category he thinks is important.

On an M2 forum. When he doesn't own either car.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 07:23 PM   #125
Spinnetti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Various

Quote:
Why are you even here? Take your audi fanboi posts to the hairdressers/vw forum.

I actually own a M2 (and a F80 M3) and contribute to the forum, you're just here to make asshat comments.
wow, you've been successfully baited.... you aren't making BMW owners look very good, just helping fulfill the stereotype. Implied gay bashing is just icing. I don't like the TT particularly, but most BMWs in Frisco at least are bloated SUVs and even the sedans are mostly driven by old real estate saleswomen. That better than the hairdressers? What's wrong with Hairdressers anyway? Instead of getting trolled, find me an allocation so I can get an M2! I'm off to Munich in June, and had thought I'd be able to get ED on one by now.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 07:57 PM   #126
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Second Lieutenant
Rep

TT RS looks and sounds aggresive, that's not even subjective.

BY THE WAY, the normal 2 series doesn't look manly at all! Also has ugly wheels and the tailights aren't as handsome as a normal TT.

You speak like if the M2 was this big manly muscle car xD stop compensating for your lack of testosterone (or too much?) and just enjoy whatever car you want to enjoy, WITHOUT hating on other cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 08:10 PM   #127
soco352
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 (On Order)

Quote:

TT RS looks and sounds aggresive, that's not even subjective.

BY THE WAY, the normal 2 series doesn't look manly at all! Also has ugly wheels and the tailights aren't as handsome as a normal TT.

You speak like if the M2 was this big manly muscle car xD stop compensating for your lack of testosterone (or too much?) and just enjoy whatever car you want to enjoy, WITHOUT hating on other cars.
You're still not answering the question. It's pretty obvious by now that you love the TTRS and will probably end up buying one. So what are you doing on a M2 forum?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 09:18 PM   #128
Rapture1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C

Garage List
2018 Audi TTRS  [8.00]
2017 Porsche C4S  [9.50]
2011 BMW 1M Coupe  [10.00]
2007 Audi RS4  [5.50]
2004 VW R32  [6.50]
2021 M2 Competition  [9.50]
Why so much hostility and general bashing on this thread? I like both cars and visit both BMW, Audi and other car forums.

They are all great cars everyone! There is no right or wrong answer, just enjoy.
M2Dynamic183.50
      04-07-2017, 10:50 PM   #129
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture1 View Post
Why so much hostility and general bashing on this thread? I like both cars and visit both BMW, Audi and other car forums.

They are all great cars everyone! There is no right or wrong answer, just enjoy.
This. Get it through your heads people.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 02:46 AM   #130
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyinHou View Post
Robin, where did you see those German tests?

Not trying to discredit them, just trying to while away the 6 months before my M2 arrives!

I have those mags in front of me now. I'm from EU as you might know
I also put the links in this thread. You have to search for it.

If you do not believe me and you do with the OP I'm fine. That's the way it works in this thread.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 11:12 AM   #131
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I have those mags in front of me now. I'm from EU as you might know
I also put the links in this thread. You have to search for it.

If you do not believe me and you do with the OP I'm fine. That's the way it works in this thread.

Cheers
Robin
Just snap a few pics
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 09:15 PM   #132
gtr
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 CTR

Pricing is out. I wonder if it's better than my M2 street driven? One way to find out.

MSRP $64,900
$975 destination
$575 color

$3500 tech pkg
$6000 dynamic plus package

$1750 black optic
$900 design selection interior
$1000 20" rims
$400 red brakes
$600 carbon inlays
$1000 RS Sport exhaust with black finishers
Appreciate 0