BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > BMW M2 LCI to wait or not to wait?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-10-2017, 07:35 PM   #463
Benef1cient
Second Lieutenant
Poland
128
Rep
249
Posts

Drives: MK 7 Golf GTI PP, M2 incoming
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Poland

iTrader: (0)

New gauges:

Appreciate 1
Tag790

      05-10-2017, 07:43 PM   #464
Tag
Brigadier General
Tag's Avatar
United_States
790
Rep
3,359
Posts

Drives: bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CHICAGO

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benef1cient View Post
New gauges:
Still no temp gauge.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 07:46 PM   #465
soco352
Private First Class
soco352's Avatar
United_States
38
Rep
109
Posts

Drives: F87 M2 (On Order)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Is that a fake leather dash? At least they're trying.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #466
Benef1cient
Second Lieutenant
Poland
128
Rep
249
Posts

Drives: MK 7 Golf GTI PP, M2 incoming
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Poland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soco352 View Post
Is that a fake leather dash? At least they're trying.
Probably, and piano finish around the central unit and inside instrument cluster
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 07:51 PM   #467
ORIGIN M.
.
ORIGIN M.'s Avatar
1561
Rep
8,193
Posts

Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

No doubt.

I think it can possibly be coded in, but for sure with the performance steering wheel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Still no temp gauge.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 08:00 PM   #468
hoyasaxa
Captain
332
Rep
832
Posts

Drives: GTI | M2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soco352 View Post
Is that a fake leather dash? At least they're trying.
The passenger-side trim piece looks better
__________________
2014 228i (gone) | 2018 ///M2 - ED Thread
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 08:03 PM   #469
Tag
Brigadier General
Tag's Avatar
United_States
790
Rep
3,359
Posts

Drives: bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CHICAGO

iTrader: (2)

Touchscreen for simple operation.
The high-resolution 8.8-inch central display in the new BMW 2 Series Coupe
and BMW 2 Series Convertible now comes in a touchscreen version if the
optional Navigation system Professional is specified, thereby providing the
driver with yet another way of operating various functions. Both models come
equipped with the latest generation of the iDrive operating system as
standard. The iDrive Touch Controller lets the driver easily access and
operate a large number of vehicle, navigation and entertainment functions
using just one hand. Destination addresses can also be simply written by hand
and entered into the navigation system using the Controllerís built-in
touchpad. In addition to these two control methods, there is also the
intelligent voice control system, which is able to recognise instructions without
the driver having to learn and use specific voice commands.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 08:10 PM   #470
TunedM2
Brigadier General
TunedM2's Avatar
No_Country
444
Rep
4,167
Posts

Drives: 2016 LBB M2
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (2)

You'd think since these are "headlights" and "tail lights" we'd get some pics with them turned on.

EDIT: found some here

Introducing the BMW 2 Series Coupe and Convertible LCI Refresh Model http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1383402
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 08:14 PM   #471
Tag
Brigadier General
Tag's Avatar
United_States
790
Rep
3,359
Posts

Drives: bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CHICAGO

iTrader: (2)

Although this is for the 2-Series, it provides an idea of what interior updates the M2 received.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 08:45 PM   #472
Tag
Brigadier General
Tag's Avatar
United_States
790
Rep
3,359
Posts

Drives: bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CHICAGO

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedM2 View Post
You'd think since these are "headlights" and "tail lights" we'd get some pics with them turned on.
Here's are a couple of the convertible to give you an idea.



Appreciate 1
      05-10-2017, 08:48 PM   #473
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
138
Rep
362
Posts

Drives: F87 Pure F20 125i MSport 2017
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

So what does off white/grey bands from 60-80 on the speedo and about 1500-2200 rpm and then between 4800-5500 signify?

On some old BMWs there used to be some LEDs that told you what the rev limit was until the engine was warmed up. Always wondered where that went in my wife's 125i
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 08:48 PM   #474
Spa2k
GT350 Survivor
Spa2k's Avatar
United_States
424
Rep
630
Posts

Drives: '18 AW M2
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benef1cient View Post
The actual PDF states what I quoted...
Yup, you're right - my German translator choked on Page 10 and the M2 info was on Pages 12-13. I tried to delete my previous message, but you'd already responded, so I couldn't fix it. Sorry...

BTW, I thought it was interesting that there were several pages of detailed specs for every 2-Series variant but the M2. Maybe there will be some surprises for us in the upcoming release of those pages.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 09:33 PM   #475
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
207
Rep
4,636
Posts

Drives: Fast ones
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieHowser View Post
On some old BMWs there used to be some LEDs that told you what the rev limit was until the engine was warmed up. Always wondered where that went in my wife's 125i
That is only on M3/4/5.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 10:08 PM   #476
Spa2k
GT350 Survivor
Spa2k's Avatar
United_States
424
Rep
630
Posts

Drives: '18 AW M2
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieHowser View Post
So what does off white/grey bands from 60-80 on the speedo and about 1500-2200 rpm and then between 4800-5500 signify?
How about: You're seeing the reflections from the photograper's lights?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 10:19 PM   #477
M2 CSL
Lieutenant
No_Country
264
Rep
411
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: a particular place or position

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieHowser View Post
So what does off white/grey bands from 60-80 on the speedo and about 1500-2200 rpm and then between 4800-5500 signify?

On some old BMWs there used to be some LEDs that told you what the rev limit was until the engine was warmed up. Always wondered where that went in my wife's 125i
They are glare indicators. They go off when someone takes a photo of your dash.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 10:39 PM   #478
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
138
Rep
362
Posts

Drives: F87 Pure F20 125i MSport 2017
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spa2k View Post
How about: You're seeing the reflections from the photograper's lights?
Ah that makes sense. Thought I saw the same white band on an angled shot but I suppose that would be the glare too.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 10:49 PM   #479
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
138
Rep
362
Posts

Drives: F87 Pure F20 125i MSport 2017
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
That is only on M3/4/5.
It was on old circa 1999 525i as well. Pretty sure it wasn't the M.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 10:52 PM   #480
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
138
Rep
362
Posts

Drives: F87 Pure F20 125i MSport 2017
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Did no one mention "No M1 M2 buttons on the steering wheel?"
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 11:56 PM   #481
ZPrime
I INDIC8
ZPrime's Avatar
United_States
194
Rep
825
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Cleveland, OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spa2k View Post
How about: You're seeing the reflections from the photograper's lights?
Or the fake reflection that was rendered into the picture, since I doubt that these are actual photos...
__________________
2004 Matrix XRS 6MT => 2008 VW R32 DSG => 2012 Audi TTRS 6MT => 2018 BMW ///M2 6MT
I'm an IT guy by trade and tech nerd by choice.
I like HPDEs, parts of US Hwy 129, NC 28, and the Cherohala Skyway.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 08:40 AM   #482
JPizzz
Private First Class
15
Rep
153
Posts

Drives: Porsche Boxster S
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: pa

iTrader: (0)

Few months later-what do you guys think? I can buy an m2 for 2k off msrp. Wondering if i should wait out the CS. Only issue is I have a trade thatís depreciating and not sure whether dealers will mark up again....eh

Also worried if m2 will depreciate harder with the new release.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 03:26 PM   #483
oalvarez
New Member
oalvarez's Avatar
7
Rep
17
Posts

Drives: 2018 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPizzz View Post
Few months later-what do you guys think? I can buy an m2 for 2k off msrp. Wondering if i should wait out the CS. Only issue is I have a trade that’s depreciating and not sure whether dealers will mark up again....eh

Also worried if m2 will depreciate harder with the new release.
I have the same question as i'm about to place an order for one, but the more i read about the next release (actual car, not the possible "competition package option") the more i think that it would be ok to pull the trigger in the here and now. I suppose it all has to do with the buyer's budgetary limits and time itself. Or said another way, I personally do not want to spend more than $60k on this car, nor do i want to wait until mid/fall of 2018 for the next one. Do i want to lose more money on the current LCI model versus spending more on the CS that might depreciate less? Not really. Supply is seemingly catching up with demand, that's for sure, and discounts can now be had in some markets. I also think the horrendous lease residuals that BMW is using on the M2 may be helping to depress prices a tad as well. My guess is that there will be a line forming for the CS just as there was for the first model run, can't see why there wouldn't be. But I'm also of the opinion that there will always be a buyer waiting in the wings for a lower priced M2 due to affordability.

I really wish BMW would re-think its strategy around introducing new iterations so quickly and early in the product cycle.
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2017, 11:00 PM   #484
champignon
Disrupter
champignon's Avatar
United_States
462
Rep
1,656
Posts

Drives: 1M-VO;Z3M Cpe;135is Vert
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Idaho

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
I have the same question as i'm about to place an order for one, but the more i read about the next release (actual car, not the possible "competition package option") the more i think that it would be ok to pull the trigger in the here and now. I suppose it all has to do with the buyer's budgetary limits and time itself. Or said another way, I personally do not want to spend more than $60k on this car, nor do i want to wait until mid/fall of 2018 for the next one. Do i want to lose more money on the current LCI model versus spending more on the CS that might depreciate less? Not really. Supply is seemingly catching up with demand, that's for sure, and discounts can now be had in some markets. I also think the horrendous lease residuals that BMW is using on the M2 may be helping to depress prices a tad as well. My guess is that there will be a line forming for the CS just as there was for the first model run, can't see why there wouldn't be. But I'm also of the opinion that there will always be a buyer waiting in the wings for a lower priced M2 due to affordability.

I really wish BMW would re-think its strategy around introducing new iterations so quickly and early in the product cycle.
Sometimes you are better off going a little bit down the food chain, and buying something that is "almost as good" as the top pick, at a lower price. When it comes time to resell, there are always "aspirational" buyers, who aspire for the best but either don't have the money for it, or see the value in going down a notch. This applies as much to houses as it does to cars, or most any expensive possession.

If the economy tanks, you will definitely take a hit, as will everyone, if you want to sell. On the other hand, a lot of the top tier buyers will go down market, and being a little bit below the top end will mean that you can sell your car used, while the more expensive/more desirable car owner is likely going to get stuck with what he has until the clouds lift, which could be years.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:37 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST