BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > All Aboard the TORTUGAS (4-OCT-2016)

10-28-2016, 11:38 AM   #133
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderlecht View Post
I guess I'll find out later, but how do you like the car with Conti's?
Can't be the judge of this particular car with Conti's, I've driven only 15 miles. But from other cars I've had, Conti's are garbage. I see Conti's on my car, and get i get the urge to slash the tire. Once i'm past the break-in (hopefully not to next spring after the winter tires go on), i'll immediately do donuts until I see canvas, and get them replaced with the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S.

I'm just glad the M2 winter tire package comes with Michelin Alpin's, and not ContiContactWinter's like the M4 winter tire package (which has exactly the same wheel). Seems like BMW realizes those tires are also awful.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 11:44 AM   #134
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2tek View Post
My car has finally arrived. I will be picking it up this afternoon. Not sure on the tires yet, but I will find out when I pick it up and report back.
Congrats on the car

Bummer on the Conti's you will almost certainly have on the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 03:01 PM   #135
m2tek
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
Congrats on the car

Bummer on the Conti's you will almost certainly have on the car.
So, I picked up the vehicle. Drove a quick 10 miles of back roads to break her in. Everything I expected it to be. Of course I didn't really push it on new tires, but overall, the immersion of the smaller cabin, handling, sound, all absolutely enjoyable.

And I don't want to have people start cursing at me, but.... I got Michelin's on the car. Not sure why cars around the same time frame are getting different tires. But I did well on the tire lottery. Have to finish up work, but will post more thoughts later.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 04:16 PM   #136
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX  [0.00]
Quote:
So, I picked up the vehicle. Drove a quick 10 miles of back roads to break her in. Everything I expected it to be. Of course I didn't really push it on new tires, but overall, the immersion of the smaller cabin, handling, sound, all absolutely enjoyable.

And I don't want to have people start cursing at me, but.... I got Michelin's on the car. Not sure why cars around the same time frame are getting different tires. But I did well on the tire lottery. Have to finish up work, but will post more thoughts later.
Damn you with the Super Sports!

Its ok, we'll all be rocking 4 S's soon enough, which have the Michelin logo in faux velvet on the sidewall. Oooooooo!!!!

http://blog.caranddriver.com/micheli...lot-sport-4-s/

Last edited by ScullyD; 10-28-2016 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 05:57 PM   #137
///MIKE M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Still nothing on mine....is anyone still waiting from this ship??
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 11:09 AM   #138
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX  [0.00]
A friend of a friend got an M2 from this same boat, also got PSS's. No idea why some of us got stuck with these Conti's.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 12:22 PM   #139
Anderlecht
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
A friend of a friend got an M2 from this same boat, also got PSS's. No idea why some of us got stuck with these Conti's.
Picked up yesterday. Beautiful car. I love it!

Some notes. SPORT mode is definitely awesome. Lovely revs, sound. This being my first ever M Car, I expected the ride to be harsh and yes, just as thought, it is pretty harsh. However, the chassis, the ride just feels right. Handling is amazing.

I was afraid to rev in my quiet neighborhood. On the way home, there were cops blocking the road so I quickly set it to comfort.

The exhaust noise is very loud and sometimes bothers my ears, but that is quite alright. I knew about this going in.

Continental tires are not as bad as I thought. Only drove about 30 miles and they are great. Handling is great, almost minimal to no body roll. I will switch out to PSS when the tires need replacement.

Did any one else end up getting the tire and wheel warranty?

I added the BMW Maintenance thingy that adds the brakes and wipers in the 3yrs.

Also, the dealership didn't put any front license plate brackets on. Being in NJ, I thought that was illegal? Anyone else get their cars delivered without the front bracket? CA says don't worry about it.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 01:30 PM   #140
m2tek
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Picked up yesterday. Beautiful car. I love it!

Some notes. SPORT mode is definitely awesome. Lovely revs, sound. This being my first ever M Car, I expected the ride to be harsh and yes, just as thought, it is pretty harsh. However, the chassis, the ride just feels right. Handling is amazing.

I was afraid to rev in my quiet neighborhood. On the way home, there were cops blocking the road so I quickly set it to comfort.

The exhaust noise is very loud and sometimes bothers my ears, but that is quite alright. I knew about this going in.

Continental tires are not as bad as I thought. Only drove about 30 miles and they are great. Handling is great, almost minimal to no body roll. I will switch out to PSS when the tires need replacement.

Did any one else end up getting the tire and wheel warranty?

I added the BMW Maintenance thingy that adds the brakes and wipers in the 3yrs.

Also, the dealership didn't put any front license plate brackets on. Being in NJ, I thought that was illegal? Anyone else get their cars delivered without the front bracket? CA says don't worry about it.
Most dealers will give you the front plate bracket, but won't install it unless asked. It is required in NY and NJ and most people just risk it. If you get a ticket you pay the fine. I don't feel like being pulled over for these type of things so I decided to just order a removable plate bracket that mount on the underside of the bumper. You can drill with a tiny screw or use adhesive to mount. I should be getting it Tuesday or Wednesday, so I'll report back how I like it. Others on the forum seem to like it. There are a few varations from different companies (tow hook mount, etc).

Did you get the performance exhaust or the stock exhaust? The ride is certainly stiff, but I guess it depends on your expectations and previous experience with different suspension going in. I think it is fine. I fully expect harshness on bad roads but it is something that is overblown on the forums.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 01:31 PM   #141
m2tek
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MIKE M View Post
Still nothing on mine....is anyone still waiting from this ship??
Ask the dealer to send you a screenshot of their tracking page. It should give you an indication of where it is. If you get no answers, ask them to contact the area manager who can hopefully talk to someone at the VPC to check on status.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 02:28 PM   #142
Anderlecht
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Most dealers will give you the front plate bracket, but won't install it unless asked. It is required in NY and NJ and most people just risk it. If you get a ticket you pay the fine. I don't feel like being pulled over for these type of things so I decided to just order a removable plate bracket that mount on the underside of the bumper. You can drill with a tiny screw or use adhesive to mount. I should be getting it Tuesday or Wednesday, so I'll report back how I like it. Others on the forum seem to like it. There are a few varations from different companies (tow hook mount, etc).

Did you get the performance exhaust or the stock exhaust? The ride is certainly stiff, but I guess it depends on your expectations and previous experience with different suspension going in. I think it is fine. I fully expect harshness on bad roads but it is something that is overblown on the forums.
I got stock. I don't see the need for the MPE at all. The stock exhaust is totally fine. Ride is harsh, but this is a M car and it is to be expected. I do hear fine rattles because the chassis is very tight.

I concur with you as well. I don't like the idea of any of my family members getting pulled over for no front plates. CA told me to come in if I ever decide to get the bracket installed.

Let me know how the removable bracket works out so I can order it as well. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 12:28 PM   #143
vugz10
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BB6 Prelude, F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsales View Post
well, looks like there is nothing we can do right now
Any update on your end? I found out my car was loaded onto a rail car on 10/27 but that's about it...
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 10:03 PM   #144
bloodsales
Private
China
Rep
Drives: M3&1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by vugz10 View Post
Any update on your end? I found out my car was loaded onto a rail car on 10/27 but that's about it...
well, I received a call from my SA today, just told me that SHE is finally there, and hopefully I can drive it on saturday. I think you will receive a call soon may be tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 11:30 PM   #145
///MIKE M
First Lieutenant
Rep

My X1 finally arrived off that boat to my NJ dealer today!!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 06:52 AM   #146
m2tek
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MIKE M View Post
My X1 finally arrived off that boat to my NJ dealer today!!
Congrats. Any idea what the delay was for?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 06:55 AM   #147
m2tek
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I got stock. I don't see the need for the MPE at all. The stock exhaust is totally fine. Ride is harsh, but this is a M car and it is to be expected. I do hear fine rattles because the chassis is very tight.

I concur with you as well. I don't like the idea of any of my family members getting pulled over for no front plates. CA told me to come in if I ever decide to get the bracket installed.

Let me know how the removable bracket works out so I can order it as well. Thanks!
I received the bracket in the mail but haven't installed it yet. Likely will this weekend.

Had to go on a trip for a couple of days, but put over 100 miles on the car before I did and loving every minute of it. I couldn't be more pleased with the overall package provided by the M2.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 12:40 PM   #148
vugz10
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
well, I received a call from my SA today, just told me that SHE is finally there, and hopefully I can drive it on saturday. I think you will receive a call soon may be tomorrow
lucky! I spoke to my SA - my train left halifax at the end of last week - he ballparks delivery third week of november
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2016, 01:22 PM   #149
vugz10
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Did you take delivery? still nothing on mine...
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 02:25 AM   #150
bloodsales
Private
China
Rep
Drives: M3&1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by vugz10 View Post
Did you take delivery? still nothing on mine...
Yep man, I took delivery on Saturday and it's great love it But the weather in Vancouver just sucks I can't really enjoy it yet
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 03:03 AM   #151
///MIKE M
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Congrats. Any idea what the delay was for?
No idea

On a side note I love my X1. Awesome little SAV.
Appreciate 0