Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Lives View Post
Any update ?

I've just checked with BMW today and my order is still stuck on 5500 and it's been nearly three weeks "assembly complete"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chills View Post
Ah sorry dude... Without meaning to rub it in, I got the call from my dealer yesterday to say mine is here and I could go and collect it. Which would be great if I wasn't on my jollies in the states for most of July.

Will be picking it up on Sat 30th. Beyond excited and will spend most of the holiday waiting for it to end so I can get back for the car.
Lucky bugger,congrats

Thanks for letting me know...useful info,I'm going to make some further calls...
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 07:43 AM   #68
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

A word of warning for those that are collecting cars shortly and expecting courtesy insurance.

Allianz no longer offer 7 day drive-a-way courtesy insurance as of 30/06/16.

This is not soley the M2 but ALL BMW.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 08:30 AM   #69
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
A word of warning for those that are collecting cars shortly and expecting courtesy insurance.

Are you allowed to purchase a car in the UK without proof of insurance? That is interesting.

Here in Canada I cannot purchase a car until I already have the insurance slip in my hand.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 08:49 AM   #70
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Are you allowed to purchase a car in the UK without proof of insurance? That is interesting.

Here in Canada I cannot purchase a car until I already have the insurance slip in my hand.
Yes,in theory you could trailer the car home and then arrange insurance although I'm not sure about purchasing the car on finance and what their requirements would be as I've never bought a car that way.Perhaps somebody could chime in about PCP and insurance...
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 08:50 AM   #71
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:

No you're not, but this was always a handy overlay incase you were a day out etc on ttransferring your own.

Bit of a bummer that.

Thnaks for the heads up Ninelives
      07-13-2016, 08:51 AM   #72
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
No you're not, but this was always a handy overlay incase you were a day out etc on ttransferring your own.

Bit of a bummer that.

Ah ok I see.

Here there is no forgiveness for delay - if you don't have the slip in hand with everything all set and ready, they won't sell you the car. It will just stay at the dealership until you have the proper paperwork.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 08:55 AM   #73
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta
Quote:

Bit of a bummer that.

Ah ok I see.

Here there is no forgiveness for delay - if you don't have the slip in hand with everything all set and ready, they won't sell you the car. It will just stay at the dealership until you have the proper paperwork.
Yes same here.
      07-13-2016, 09:02 AM   #74
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Bit of a bummer that.

?

You can buy a vehicle without having insurance but you must purchase insurance before operating the vehicle on a roadway.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 09:11 AM   #75
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
?

You can buy a vehicle without having insurance but you must purchase insurance before operating the vehicle on a roadway.
Thanks for the clarification.

Here in Canada we cannot even buy the car without it already being insured, they are legally not allowed to process your paperwork.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 09:16 AM   #76
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification.

Here in Canada we cannot even buy the car without it already being insured, they are legally not allowed to process your paperwork.
In all fairness to Chris I am being a little pedantic. 99% of the time you will be driving the vehicle off the forecourt and will be required by law to have insurance but saying that I've never been asked for proof.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 11:08 AM   #77
Smee.x.Again
Can't Wait
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 (Oct '16), Nissan GT-R

Last time I bought a new BMW, they get around this in the UK by giving you 2 weeks free insurance.

That was 2009, not sure whether they still do this, I'll find out early september.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 11:56 AM   #78
playitfunky
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Main dealer will arrange a week of free cover through BMW (you have to phone them with all of your details) I managed to insure mine the night before on my own insurance as well but had to phone up as the reg wasn't on their system yet.
      07-13-2016, 12:39 PM   #79
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by playitfunky View Post
Main dealer will arrange a week of free cover through BMW (you have to phone them with all of your details) I managed to insure mine the night before on my own insurance as well but had to phone up as the reg wasn't on their system yet.
No they won't !

Re: what I said earlier in this thread.

" A word of warning for those that are collecting cars shortly and expecting courtesy insurance.

This is not soley the M2 but ALL BMW."
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 01:08 PM   #80
playitfunky
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by playitfunky View Post
No they won't !

Re: what I said earlier in this thread.

" A word of warning for those that are collecting cars shortly and expecting courtesy insurance.

This is not soley the M2 but ALL BMW."
Oh right sorry hadn't appreciated that! I got mine on 30/6/16 so guess I was lucky!
      07-15-2016, 03:54 AM   #81
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Went in to dealers yesterday to firm things up and add folding mirrors. Brought production forward 1 week, whoop whoop. W40. Just 3 months to go.
      07-15-2016, 07:15 AM   #82
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

There's something going on with my order !

I've just come off the phone from BMW c/s and it seems my car has been put back a further month

So now it's gone from end of June to July and this morning end of August even though it's showing build complete for just over three weeks and I have a VIN number.

Any suggestions ?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2016, 07:21 AM   #83
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Lives

I've just come off the phone from BMW c/s and it seems my car has been put back a further month

So now it's gone from end of June to July and this morning end of August even though it's showing build complete for just over three weeks and I have a VIN number.

Any suggestions ?
Damn 9L, really sorry to hear that! Something is very very wrong with that situation. VIN etc and precious status says to me it was built?! My thoughts are if so you don't want that car as it sounds like something is wrong?

Definitely need a stern call wit the dealer, it's not their fault of course but explain to them that you're aware of the status changes and want to know what's what?

Does it leave you in trouble with cars short term?
      07-15-2016, 07:39 AM   #84
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Any suggestions ?
Quote:
Damn 9L, really sorry to hear that! Something is very very wrong with that situation. VIN etc and precious status says to me it was built?! My thoughts are if so you don't want that car as it sounds like something is wrong?

Definitely need a stern call wit the dealer, it's not their fault of course but explain to them that you're aware of the status changes and want to know what's what?

Does it leave you in trouble with cars short term?
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the empathy

I know it sounds strange doesn't it.Same manufactured date as @ Chills as well, and his is waiting at the dealers for when he comes back off holiday !

The only thing that it may be is the advanced Bluetooth perhaps with the wireless charging or the entertainment package,I don't know ? Something more sinister,like it's been dropped from a great height and they're trying to buff it out did cross my mind

Apparently the BMW system is updated Tuesday and Friday hence my call today.I shall wait until next week and give the dealer an ultimatum as it might end up being delayed again.

As far as cars go I'm not struggling but it's a bloody inconvenience let's say.

At this rate the new Audi TT RS is looking very enticing............
Ho-Hum
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2016, 01:30 PM   #85
MarkSpecc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2?

Spoke to my salesman today to get prices for some m performance parts. Apparently if I have the rear spoiler I must have the front winglets. The parts department said that the car may become unsettled and must have the front winglets to balance out the rear spoiler!!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2016, 01:55 PM   #86
PhilL
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2, F15 X5 4.0d

Does anyone know where there might be a Long Beach Blue car at a dealers to view, preferably in the Midlands?

Currently have Mineral Grey on order but feel I want to give LBB a second look as I've only seen it at Geneva under the show lights and looking a bit iffy on an X6M.

Want to see it in a typical British summer setting!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2016, 02:47 PM   #87
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilL View Post
Does anyone know where there might be a Long Beach Blue car at a dealers to view, preferably in the Midlands?

Currently have Mineral Grey on order but feel I want to give LBB a second look as I've only seen it at Geneva under the show lights and looking a bit iffy on an X6M.

Want to see it in a typical British summer setting!
You could try Sytner Tamworth.They had one as a showroom model a few months ago.
Appreciate 1
PhilL61.50
      07-15-2016, 03:06 PM   #88
eugegall
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSpecc View Post
Spoke to my salesman today to get prices for some m performance parts. Apparently if I have the rear spoiler I must have the front winglets. The parts department said that the car may become unsettled and must have the front winglets to balance out the rear spoiler!!
There is a thread on here somewhere about just that but to save me finding it I will summarise for you.

"ITS BULLSHIT UNLESS YOU'RE DRIVING AT 200MPH THE WHOLE TIME"
Appreciate 0