BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > BIMMERPOST Guide to Ordering and Tracking your BMW

01-08-2018, 03:40 PM   #155
bobert
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelJW View Post
I'm somewhat confused...
I ordered my M2 December 13, 2017.

I just got off the phone with the BMW Genius, and he tells me start of build on my M2 is week 7, then said it would start 3rd week of February. He also said that I could expect delivery between end of April and Mid May!?!

Isn't that a long time from start to delivery, or is that the normal time? I'm in Los Angeles... I realize it takes a little longer to get to the West Coast...

Anyone have any insight? (Was hoping I'd see my M2 some time in March...)

Anyone know what Production #'s are being build right now?

Thanks in advance!
Week 7 is the third week of Feb, so that sounds right, as does his estimated delivery time frame - it takes about two weeks for the car to be built (which means it should be done around the beginning of March), and they estimate 8-10 weeks for west coast delivery, which would be late April to mid-May, just as he said. There's a very good chance you'll have it in late April but zero chance for March.
      01-09-2018, 03:25 PM   #156
ShelJW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Lexus LS460

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert View Post
Week 7 is the third week of Feb, so that sounds right, as does his estimated delivery time frame - it takes about two weeks for the car to be built (which means it should be done around the beginning of March), and they estimate 8-10 weeks for west coast delivery, which would be late April to mid-May, just as he said. There's a very good chance you'll have it in late April but zero chance for March.
Thanks for the clarification!

I can be very patient, as long as I don't have to wait.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 02:29 PM   #157
SonOfWMB
United_States
Rep
Drives: between BMWs

I am unable to find my vehicle production status on the BMW website. Is it just me, or has the website changed recently? I can log in to the site, and I have entered the production number and the 2018 M2 Coupe shows up when I go to the view/edit profile page. That shows description as blue and mileage as 0. But that's it.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 02:57 PM   #158
M2 Alex
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2

SO EXCITED!!!

Great post, thanks for the help!

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 1.56.08 PM.png
Views: 70
Size:  1.32 MB
Appreciate 0