BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos and Videos > cp's M2

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #23
chris.praeger
Private First Class
chris.praeger's Avatar
Germany
290
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: BMW M2
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Nuerburgring / Germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [5.00]
2012 BMW 1M Coupé  [5.00]
After the very first laps, we decided to install the BMW Performance Rear Diffusor and the Rear Spoiler.

Both are definitely worth the money.

Very high precision fit and the even very high quality!

IMG_4263 by Chris Präger, auf Flickr
__________________

Last edited by chris.praeger; 10-06-2017 at 06:06 AM.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 09:10 AM   #24
chris.praeger
Private First Class
chris.praeger's Avatar
Germany
290
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: BMW M2
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Nuerburgring / Germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [5.00]
2012 BMW 1M Coupé  [5.00]
And the story goes on...

Because there was a little money left this year, I "invested" into an exhaust system made in Slovakia...

Akrapovic Evolution Titan by Chris Präger, auf Flickr

Akrapovic Evolution Titan by Chris Präger, auf Flickr

Akrapovic Evolution Titan by Chris Präger, auf Flickr

Akrapovic Evolution Titan by Chris Präger, auf Flickr

Akrapovic Evolution Titan by Chris Präger, auf Flickr

Akrapovic Evolution Titan by Chris Präger, auf Flickr

Akrapovic Evolution Titan by Chris Präger, auf Flickr

Akrapovic Evolution Titan by Chris Präger, auf Flickr

IMG_4911 by Chris Präger, auf Flickr
__________________
Appreciate 3
      10-18-2017, 08:27 PM   #25
Dirtboy
Private First Class
70
Rep
135
Posts

Drives: E46, F25, F87
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.praeger View Post
And the story goes on...

Because there was a little money left this year, I "invested" into an exhaust system made in Slovakia...
Nice! Any videos?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 01:06 PM   #26
chris.praeger
Private First Class
chris.praeger's Avatar
Germany
290
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: BMW M2
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Nuerburgring / Germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [5.00]
2012 BMW 1M Coupé  [5.00]
During a car meet in Munich, this beautiful photo of my M2 was made:

DSC01415 by Chris Präger, auf Flickr
__________________
Appreciate 5
*mt*320.00
Dirtboy69.50
JustChris5182.50

      10-24-2017, 01:43 PM   #27
chris.praeger
Private First Class
chris.praeger's Avatar
Germany
290
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: BMW M2
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Nuerburgring / Germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [5.00]
2012 BMW 1M Coupé  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtboy View Post
Nice! Any videos?
__________________
Appreciate 2
      10-24-2017, 03:54 PM   #28
m2ruder
Colonel
m2ruder's Avatar
United_States
895
Rep
2,816
Posts

Drives: '18 M2 MG DCT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte

iTrader: (5)

Hey Chris,
Is the Lightweight Mirror Caps Carbon the same that are marketed all over? Those look a little better then the others i have seen but it might be your great pics.

I was thinking of the lightweight lip but everybody's car i have seen a flat blade lip similar to the lightweight...looks like it points slightly upwards and it bugs me. The lower side of the M2 front curves up faster than the M4
__________________
IG: m2ruder
*RIP* wickedblackm4
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 05:58 PM   #29
akkando
Lieutenant Colonel
1311
Rep
1,927
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 LBB DCT
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
Hey Chris,
Is the Lightweight Mirror Caps Carbon the same that are marketed all over? Those look a little better then the others i have seen but it might be your great pics.

I was thinking of the lightweight lip but everybody's car i have seen a flat blade lip similar to the lightweight...looks like it points slightly upwards and it bugs me. The lower side of the M2 front curves up faster than the M4
He told me they were these.

http://lightweight-titanauspuffanlag...rs-m2-f87.html

Not enough data on them for me to pay that much. Perhaps they are the best ones to be had though?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 03:31 AM   #30
Andi-M2
New Member
Andi-M2's Avatar
Germany
35
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: M2 F87
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bavaria

iTrader: (0)

The Lightweight mirror caps are completely made of carbon fiber and not just cf-covered plastic caps like the others.
Maybe not the cheapest ones, but the Lightweight quality is known as outstanding!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 03:15 PM   #31
chris.praeger
Private First Class
chris.praeger's Avatar
Germany
290
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: BMW M2
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Nuerburgring / Germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [5.00]
2012 BMW 1M Coupé  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi-M2 View Post
The Lightweight mirror caps are completely made of carbon fiber and not just cf-covered plastic caps like the others.
Maybe not the cheapest ones, but the Lightweight quality is known as outstanding!
That's absolutely right!!
If you look at both you can see the difference.
I think, that this ist a very important feature.
Why should I pay money for cheap caps?
I just wanted to have the best.
__________________
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2017, 09:26 AM   #32
just blaze
Second Lieutenant
163
Rep
233
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 Alpine White
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: The Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

Hi Chris, I notice you had Bilstein B16 coilovers on your M2. I could not find much info or feedback on them and was wondering what your take is on it. I won't track very ofter but do a lot more spirited and backroad driving. Just wondering how the feel was like compared to stock.
__________________
instagram: @ sf87_m2
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 01:53 AM   #33
chris.praeger
Private First Class
chris.praeger's Avatar
Germany
290
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: BMW M2
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Nuerburgring / Germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [5.00]
2012 BMW 1M Coupé  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by just blaze View Post
Hi Chris, I notice you had Bilstein B16 coilovers on your M2. I could not find much info or feedback on them and was wondering what your take is on it. I won't track very ofter but do a lot more spirited and backroad driving. Just wondering how the feel was like compared to stock.
The Bilstein B16 is much more easier to set up compared to a KW V3. You only have one Rotary button for bump and rebound at the bottom of each damper resulting in a very easy adjustment. You can't make any mistakes. If you want to have a more stiffer setup, you just have to click every damper one time and you will always have a proper combination of bump and rebound at the end. Of course, you don't have that much opportunities like you have with a KW V3 - but do you really need this? I personally know so many people who aren't able to make an own setup. They always drive with recommendend settings they get by their garage or their dealer after installation. The Bilstein is more easy. Just click harder or softer and you will always have a proper setup. You don't need a car jack to reach any adjusting. KW V3 and M Performance coilover have the rebound adjustment at the top - that's why you need a car jack at the rear end to reach the adjustment.

For me, the Bilstein has a wider spectrum compared to the KW V3 or M Performance. Because of its upside down build, it is much more sensible and it is working very good on the road and on the track. After several cars with KW suspension, I am actually very glad to have the Bilstein in my car.
__________________
Appreciate 3
andrewc892978.00
pmilani27.00

      11-20-2017, 09:22 AM   #34
just blaze
Second Lieutenant
163
Rep
233
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 Alpine White
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: The Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.praeger View Post
The Bilstein B16 is much more easier to set up compared to a KW V3. You only have one Rotary button for bump and rebound at the bottom of each damper resulting in a very easy adjustment. You can't make any mistakes. If you want to have a more stiffer setup, you just have to click every damper one time and you will always have a proper combination of bump and rebound at the end. Of course, you don't have that much opportunities like you have with a KW V3 - but do you really need this? I personally know so many people who aren't able to make an own setup. They always drive with recommendend settings they get by their garage or their dealer after installation. The Bilstein is more easy. Just click harder or softer and you will always have a proper setup. You don't need a car jack to reach any adjusting. KW V3 and M Performance coilover have the rebound adjustment at the top - that's why you need a car jack at the rear end to reach the adjustment.

For me, the Bilstein has a wider spectrum compared to the KW V3 or M Performance. Because of its upside down build, it is much more sensible and it is working very good on the road and on the track. After several cars with KW suspension, I am actually very glad to have the Bilstein in my car.
Thank you so much for your feedback. This makes my decision a lot easier now.
__________________
instagram: @ sf87_m2
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2017, 12:18 PM   #35
chris.praeger
Private First Class
chris.praeger's Avatar
Germany
290
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: BMW M2
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Nuerburgring / Germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [5.00]
2012 BMW 1M Coupé  [5.00]
And as you can see here, the Bilstein B16 is doing a good job on the Nuerburgring

IMG_2710 by Chris Präger, auf Flickr
__________________
Appreciate 5
m2ruder895.00
*mt*320.00
Brous0.00

      11-25-2017, 01:38 PM   #36
m2ruder
Colonel
m2ruder's Avatar
United_States
895
Rep
2,816
Posts

Drives: '18 M2 MG DCT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte

iTrader: (5)

Boom.......
__________________
IG: m2ruder
*RIP* wickedblackm4
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 03:39 AM   #37
chris.praeger
Private First Class
chris.praeger's Avatar
Germany
290
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: BMW M2
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Nuerburgring / Germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [5.00]
2012 BMW 1M Coupé  [5.00]
A comparison between pre-LCI and LCI Headlights / Taillights

On a late afternoon, we made these photos of a pre-LCI and a LCI M2 where you can very easily compare the Head- and Taillights:

DSC01346 by Chris Präger, auf Flickr

DSC01347 by Chris Präger, auf Flickr

DSC01333 by Chris Präger, auf Flickr
__________________
Appreciate 3
D CHOI474.50
Robban244.50

      01-14-2018, 04:32 PM   #38
chris.praeger
Private First Class
chris.praeger's Avatar
Germany
290
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: BMW M2
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Nuerburgring / Germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [5.00]
2012 BMW 1M Coupé  [5.00]
Blue Skies

Blue Skies by Chris Präger, auf Flickr
__________________
Appreciate 2
      01-15-2018, 07:34 AM   #39
Alessandr0
Enlisted Member
Switzerland
39
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: BMW M2
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Geneva, Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Very nice car Chris, congrats. nothing too fancy, kept it to the most efficient and practical. i like it very much.

im currently looking at billstein, heard they were releasing EDC compatible b16's in late Q1 for our cars... Have you heard anything about this in Germany by any chance?

On my side, heard it was coming with Swiss TUV (which is a pain)...

thanks for any feedback
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 05:01 PM   #40
terrywang
Private
terrywang's Avatar
Australia
11
Rep
88
Posts

Drives: F87 M2
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for sharing, Chris ;-) Really enjoyed your story and thoughts on M2.

I like the pre-LCI M2 a lot better ;-)
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 08:14 PM   #41
terrywang
Private
terrywang's Avatar
Australia
11
Rep
88
Posts

Drives: F87 M2
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.praeger View Post
Blue Skies

Blue Skies by Chris Präger, auf Flickr
Hey Chris, a quick question, does the black grille come with the car or it's after-market?

If the latter, is it IND or something else? Trying to replace the chrome with gloss black ;-)
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 11:34 PM   #42
andrewc89
Lieutenant Colonel
andrewc89's Avatar
United_States
2978
Rep
1,564
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 6MT | 2015 328d
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2015 328d xDrive  [0.00]
2017 M2  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrywang View Post
Hey Chris, a quick question, does the black grille come with the car or it's after-market?

If the latter, is it IND or something else? Trying to replace the chrome with gloss black ;-)
Stock front and sides are normally chrome.

OEM M performance front and side grills/gilles are gloss black.

You're better off getting the front grille surrounds from IND instead of buying the entire grille from bmw.
It's cheaper and it's the exact same thing in the end:

https://ind-distribution.com/product?sku=IND-F87-FGS
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 06:45 AM   #43
chris.praeger
Private First Class
chris.praeger's Avatar
Germany
290
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: BMW M2
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Nuerburgring / Germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [5.00]
2012 BMW 1M Coupé  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandr0 View Post
Very nice car Chris, congrats. nothing too fancy, kept it to the most efficient and practical. i like it very much.

im currently looking at billstein, heard they were releasing EDC compatible b16's in late Q1 for our cars... Have you heard anything about this in Germany by any chance?

On my side, heard it was coming with Swiss TUV (which is a pain)...

thanks for any feedback
Hey hey !

I haven’t heard anything so for.
Maybe you mean the iRC tech from Bilstein, they had on their B16-program.
It is an interesting technology for comfort aspects.
But I would prefer the standart B16 at every point.
It is so easy to handle and to adjust.
I think, you really do not need a electronic damping on the M2.

By the way, I can understand, when M3/4 drivers go for an KW DDC for connecting it to their OEM adjustable damping system. But just in my case, I never used an automatic system really much, when I had one. I always found one adjustment after several rides, which was the best for me and then I used it. That’s why I would never go for such an option on a new car. Better invest my money in a good conventional adjustable coilover system.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 06:47 AM   #44
chris.praeger
Private First Class
chris.praeger's Avatar
Germany
290
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: BMW M2
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Nuerburgring / Germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [5.00]
2012 BMW 1M Coupé  [5.00]
My plan for 2018:

a set of 19“ HRE FF04 with the Stone Dark Clear finish.
They are already ordered and I am very excited receiving them
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bilstein b16, bmw m2, lightweight, long beach blue

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST