BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Aussie deliveries?

06-02-2016, 06:49 AM   #243
Aust350z
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thevintage View Post
The M2 M Performance Exhaust is available to order for $5,799
AU$5k incl duties with shipping on top from the US, makes this a great hassle free price. Do you have more pricing for other M Performance pieces?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzLightyer View Post
My questions for you all are what were your first impressions of LBB in person, did it live up to the pictures or fall short?
I didn't like LBB from the pictures but it is a gorgeous colour in person and in sunlight. It's a lot nicer than I was expecting it to be. I decided on MG but was tempted to be out there with LBB. Tougher choice than I was expecting.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 06:53 AM   #244
tsubi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by windmagnet View Post
Still only a handful of posters in Australia with cars!

Hope you all enjoy your M2's.

I still think it is a great car but I have cancelled my order and I am about to take delivery of an RS3.
Interested to know why seeing as you placed a deposit so long ago..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 07:00 AM   #245
tsubi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Hi everyone. Firstly wanted to say hello to you all as I'm new to the forum.

I have some questions for those who are lucky enough to have their M2 already, or anyone who has seen them in the flesh. When I first saw the car online, I was a bit indifferent about LBB, but then it grew on me and I felt it was the best colour for the car. I was lucky enough to see a LBB M2 in person recently, and while I liked the colour, in some lighting/angles I didn't. Unfortunately I didn't see it outside, only in the dealership.

I have since ordered an M2 in AW (DCT, sunroof), but looking at pictures in the forum more and more, I'm considering a change to LBB (I still have time, build start is not until October). My questions for you all are what were your first impressions of LBB in person, did it live up to the pictures or fall short? And for those with a LBB M2, do you still like the colour or would you have chosen differently?

Thanks for your input.
I'm finding it hard to decide too..

I was set on AW until I saw LBB in person and changed - looked so much better in the flesh..

But now seeing all the AW's with CF bits, am considering switching back..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 07:16 AM   #246
Giuseppe002
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I originally ordered AW not a fan of LBB saw it on an x5 and haven't been able to stomach it since. But I should be picking up my MG in the next few days love this colour and I'm liking BSM more and more.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 07:32 AM   #247
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i F31 M-Sport EB to MG F87

Quote:
Hi everyone. Firstly wanted to say hello to you all as I'm new to the forum.

I have some questions for those who are lucky enough to have their M2 already, or anyone who has seen them in the flesh. When I first saw the car online, I was a bit indifferent about LBB, but then it grew on me and I felt it was the best colour for the car. I was lucky enough to see a LBB M2 in person recently, and while I liked the colour, in some lighting/angles I didn't. Unfortunately I didn't see it outside, only in the dealership.

I have since ordered an M2 in AW (DCT, sunroof), but looking at pictures in the forum more and more, I'm considering a change to LBB (I still have time, build start is not until October). My questions for you all are what were your first impressions of LBB in person, did it live up to the pictures or fall short? And for those with a LBB M2, do you still like the colour or would you have chosen differently?

Thanks for your input.
LBB looks fine, I've seen it for myself in sun, shade and on a slightly dusty car. It looks a little greener in full sun than in photos. Personally I've gone for mineral grey. I currently drive an estoril blue car and it sticks out way too much for my liking. Mineral grey is more subtle and should fly under the radar a bit more, which is to my liking.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 08:06 AM   #248
Thevintage
Private
Rep
Drives: 1998 840ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust350z View Post
AU$5k incl duties with shipping on top from the US, makes this a great hassle free price. Do you have more pricing for other M Performance pieces?

I didn't like LBB from the pictures but it is a gorgeous colour in person and in sunlight. It's a lot nicer than I was expecting it to be. I decided on MG but was tempted to be out there with LBB. Tougher choice than I was expecting.
No this was quote from them
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 05:31 AM   #249
BuzzLightyear
Rep
Drives: M2

Thanks for the replies everyone. I received a great call from local sales rep today, advising me that BMW have given the dealership an extra build slot (for August) and I should now be getting the car this November/December rather March 2017. Now even more excited to get my hands on one.

After reading your comments and speaking to a friends and family and looking at some pictures together, I have decided I will change to a LBB. MG does look nice, but that's what my current Subaru is, and I would like something different. Will have to call my sales rep ASAP as he spec'd mine as an AW when he was given the new build slot.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 05:38 AM   #250
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
Thanks for the replies everyone. I received a great call from local sales rep today, advising me that BMW have given the dealership an extra build slot (for August) and I should now be getting the car this November/December rather March 2017. Now even more excited to get my hands on one.

After reading your comments and speaking to a friends and family and looking at some pictures together, I have decided I will change to a LBB. MG does look nice, but that's what my current Subaru is, and I would like something different. Will have to call my sales rep ASAP as he spec'd mine as an AW when he was given the new build slot.
Great news on your improved build slot and your decision on LBB. It really is an amazing colour, I've had lots of compliments on it already.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 05:48 AM   #251
BuzzLightyear
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Great news on your improved build slot and your decision on LBB. It really is an amazing colour, I've had lots of compliments on it already.
Thanks. It's funny, it's like I was having buyers remorse over the colour, but I luckily have time to change.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 02:39 PM   #252
Cpdbeemer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i & X6 5.0

Good news Buzz! Mine is due late Dec.

I feel the same way about the LBB. I would never have considered it, current car is black which I love (and so practical for Australia....not). Having seen and driven the demo in LBB - that is what I am also ordering. Bring it on!
      06-03-2016, 07:01 PM   #253
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2fu View Post
Congrats Prodigy.! Picked mine up yesterday too!
Congrats Prod

s2, that's my fav, well done and enjoy.
Appreciate 2
      06-04-2016, 01:43 PM   #254
fastrider_cam
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust350z View Post
AU$5k incl duties with shipping on top from the US, makes this a great hassle free price. Do you have more pricing for other M Performance
Local release of the M2 MPE exhaust is just around the corner, I would hold off buying one from the US. The pricing will be very competitive once available from dealers locally.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 05:37 PM   #255
Dave-A
Serial Car Buyer
Australia
Rep
Drives: E82 1 Series M and E90 M3

Car is here! Now who would like it?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 08:15 AM   #256
Thevintage
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrider_cam View Post
Local release of the M2 MPE exhaust is just around the corner, I would hold off buying one from the US. The pricing will be very competitive once available from dealers locally.
Good luck with that my dealer quoted me,MPE titanium tips and MP steering wheel $9500,picking mine up in UK $4300 MPE titanium tips from UK BMW dealer.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2016, 03:11 PM   #257
TGDavey
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 - AW --> SUNROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-A View Post
Car is here! Now who would like it?
?? Are you serious?? Why?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 04:13 PM   #258
fastrider_cam
Registered
Rep

[QUOTE=Thevintage;20051856]Good luck with that my dealer quoted me,MPE titanium tips and MP steering wheel $9500,picking mine up in UK $4300 MPE titanium tips from UK BMW dealer.[/QUOTE

Don't need good luck but thanks anyway. If anyone is interested in pre-ordering an M2 MPE in Victoria send me a PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 09:58 PM   #259
Thevintage
Private
Rep

[QUOTE=fastrider_cam;20053599]
Quote:
Good luck with that my dealer quoted me,MPE titanium tips and MP steering wheel $9500,picking mine up in UK $4300 MPE titanium tips from UK BMW dealer.[/QUOTE

Don't need good luck but thanks anyway. If anyone is interested in pre-ordering an M2 MPE in Victoria send me a PM.
Should checked myself rang the dealer parts guy/not car salesman MPE no tips $3990,only problem they rang BMW Parts in Melbourne still no ADR certificate so unable to order just yet.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 10:03 PM   #260
Aust350z
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

I'm curious if the larger Akrapovic Ti tips (93mm) would fit the MPE instead of the smaller MPE Ti tips (80mm).
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 01:55 AM   #261
fastrider_cam
Registered
Rep

[QUOTE=Thevintage;20054890]
Quote:

Should checked myself rang the dealer parts guy/not car salesman MPE no tips $3990,only problem they rang BMW Parts in Melbourne still no ADR certificate so unable to order just yet.
I will let you all know when it gets the tick of approval in oz, that will hopefully be very soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 04:27 AM   #262
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep

[QUOTE=fastrider_cam]
Quote:
Quote:

I will let you all know when it gets the tick of approval in oz, that will hopefully be very soon.
Pricing??
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 04:55 AM   #263
Thevintage
Private
Rep

[QUOTE=Smiley1175;20055700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrider_cam
Pricing??
$3990 for exhaust plus tips,dealer took my credit card details til he rang BMW Head Office in Melbourne who told him still waiting ADR

Quoted 3 hour install.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 05:32 AM   #264
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

[QUOTE=Thevintage;20055745]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post

$3990 for exhaust plus tips,dealer took my credit card details til he rang BMW Head Office in Melbourne who told him still waiting ADR

Quoted 3 hour install.
3hrs to install? Isn't it just a cat back? surely 1hr absolute tops if that.
Appreciate 1