BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Dealer Recommendations for Preorder

10-16-2016, 10:43 PM   #1
R0ME0
"The Midas Touch"
Rep
Drives: F87 LBB ///M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [10.00]
2008 Z4M - SOLD  [0.00]
Hey guys I'm looking to order a LBB 6MT M2 with executive package and Apple Car play. Most of the dealers in my area (Seattle) are telling me that it's a 2 year wait. With 20 plus orders before me. Do any of you have any recommendations with dealers who have a shorter list for an allocation to order the car? I don't mind waiting a few months to half a year, but a 2 year wait seems a bit ridiculous. Planning to do Euro Delivery with this purchase. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 11:05 PM   #2
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ME0 View Post
Hey guys I'm looking to order a LBB 6MT M2 with executive package and Apple Car play. Most of the dealers in my area (Seattle) are telling me that it's a 2 year wait. With 20 plus orders before me. Do any of you have any recommendations with dealers who have a shorter list for an allocation to order the car? I don't mind waiting a few months to half a year, but a 2 year wait seems a bit ridiculous. Planning to do Euro Delivery with this purchase. Thanks in advance!
Call around. Be willing to buy from anywhere in the country, and get it shipped.

I'm from Seattle, and was on two lists, one in Seattle (started at #20) and one in Spokane (started at #1), from last January. I got a car instead from Montgomery, Alabama, by being on this board at the right time, making a couple calls and having a credit card ready.
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2016, 12:19 AM   #3
ried
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31, F80

Second what BruceM said, call around. After well over a year on BMW Seattle's list, I took delivery on Weds. Well worth the excruciating wait. Now if only the weather would clear up so I can go for a drive!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 08:17 AM   #4
Stu Pedasho
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Clearing garage space

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Call around. Be willing to buy from anywhere in the country, and get it shipped.

I'm from Seattle, and was on two lists, one in Seattle (started at #20) and one in Spokane (started at #1), from last January. I got a car instead from Montgomery, Alabama, by being on this board at the right time, making a couple calls and having a credit card ready.
Ditto on Spokane and the weather is nicer than Seattle. I'm on lists in Detroit and I am being told next fall. My brother lives in Spokane and he called his dealer. His sales guy left but some punk arse kid said that I would be #2 at MSRP. Just needed my build specs. I declined because I want to wait until Spring here. Oh, $1,000 to get the wait list spot, fully refundable. The cars are out there just not at low volume dealers. And .... from what I see with the two yahoo dealers I am dealing with. They have cars on Car Guru at "call for price" which means they snagged allocations for themselves and not wait listed peeps and they are seeing how much they can get for them $$$. I'm not saying it is wrong ... all us wait listed peeps are MSRP so they are NOT making the big $$$ on us. I would, honestly, probably do the same if I was a dealer. Snag some allocations for my dealer and snag some for the wait list and if the factory stops production, oh well, too bad wait list peeps. BMW Corp. needs to understand that some people who are trying to enter the brand (first time BMW customers) are going to be pretty pissed when they can't or don't get a car.

Last edited by Stu Pedasho; 10-17-2016 at 08:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 10:00 AM   #5
SoonerFan10
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 LBB

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post

I'm planning to have my car shipped from South Carolina to Oklahoma. Are there any recommended shipping companies I should use or should I have them take care of it?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 10:13 AM   #6
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Make lots of phone calls, you will find one. Euro makes it more difficult because many dealers don't want to give up an allocation for Euro pricing. There are dealers that do not have lists and are selling allocations as they become available. My best guess is we will start to see the next batch of allocations early January because they recently released Oct, Nov and Dec. allocations. If you can get some connections established before that release you might have a good shot. I seems that the DC area dealers get a lot of allocation and at least one dealer isn't running a list so I would start calling around.

I started calling October 14th of 2015 and my car is coming off the boat Wed of this week so even early movers on the M2 have had to wait quite a while.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 10:50 AM   #7
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerFan10 View Post
I'm planning to have my car shipped from South Carolina to Oklahoma. Are there any recommended shipping companies I should use or should I have them take care of it?
My dealer is well acquainted with local shipping companies in Alabama, so I am relying on him for that choice. He's recommending a company that just shipped a GT3RS for him without incident across the country, so I'm good with that. Not cheap ($1400, fully insured, to Seattle), but I'm not trying to save a few hundred bucks at this point. I would bet that your dealer has similar connections...
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 08:45 PM   #8
QLAbot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

My advice would be to choose one of the largest cities in the country, that is closest to you, go to google maps, type in "BMW dealership" and call every single BMW dealership in the area to see if they have any allocations. Most of the dealerships will be high-volume and there is a good chance they may have a slot available for someone who dropped of the list. Hint: New York, Texas, Central and South Florida, Southern California, Atlanta, Chicago.

That's how I got mine. I called over a dozen dealerships before I found one with an allocation. They are out there. And then a member here on the forums made a post about an allocation for a closer build week and I jumped on it. As a matter of fact, two more people got allocations immediately after me.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 02:10 PM   #9
R0ME0
"The Midas Touch"
Rep
Drives: F87 LBB ///M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [10.00]
2008 Z4M - SOLD  [0.00]
Thanks guys for the recommendations. Got my 6MT LBB M2 ordered up through Spokane at MSRP and 5% off for ED. Number 2 in line super stoked.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 07:50 PM   #10
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ME0 View Post
Thanks guys for the recommendations. Got my 6MT LBB M2 ordered up through Spokane at MSRP and 5% off for ED. Number 2 in line super stoked.
Congrats, you did incredibly well.
Appreciate 1
R0ME0519.50