BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Disabling Active Sound and Auto-Blip Summary of Methods

10-10-2017, 09:50 AM   #1
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep
Drives: like a damn lunatic

Disabling Active Sound and Auto-Blip Summary of Methods

I know these topics have been discussed before under a variety of threads, but I thought it would be nice to consolidate all the methods into one post that could then maybe be made into a sticky. I'm sure that I am not the only driver who wants neither of these two boondoggles that have been foisted upon us by the BMW corporate hive mind (who apparently like solving problems that nobody has).

As you post, I'll add them to this list up front.

Disabling Active Sound (aka Fake Exhaust Noise, or the automotive equivalent to the 1970's sitcom laugh track):
Coding using an app: Apps that have this function:
  • BimmerCode / Bimmerlink
* some say coding in the '16 model results in stereo hiss - YMMV

Amp Bypass: Hardware bypass of the offending amp
  • TechnicPNP harness

Disabling Auto Blip (because no thank you, I know how to drive a manual, I can do this myself):
  • BimmerCode - unfortunately this seems to have the side effect that you have to press the ignition button twice with the second press being notably longer than normal. Any other methods that don't mess with the ignition sequence would be appreciated.

Full Disclosure: I don't yet have an M2, I'm talking to my dealer to get on a list for ED next April, but for now I am wringing out my last year of enjoyment from my Dinan 135i.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 10:49 AM   #2
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Since you are summarizing I would like to know the FDL code location names for these changes.
      10-10-2017, 03:47 PM   #3
Tano
Lieutenant
Hungary
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Since you are summarizing I would like to know the FDL code location names for these changes.
BMW Coding Parameters - F22 - For 2 series.docx

F22 coding cheat sheet
Appreciate 2
      10-10-2017, 07:49 PM   #4
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Thanks, although there's nothing in there about rev match. Now I do believe it's related to setting the requirement for clutch on engine start to 'not active' though this is a risky move.
      10-10-2017, 09:56 PM   #5
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Thanks, although there's nothing in there about rev match. Now I do believe it's related to setting the requirement for clutch on engine start to 'not active' though this is a risky move.
I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say it's risky. This was the way for manual cars for years before there were sensors to check for it.

I'm in the habit, as any driver of a manual car should be, of pushing in the clutch before starting anyway, and changing this setting doesn't change that.

Thinking it through however it could be an issue if you gave your car to a valet, and whoever brought it out to you didn't realise it was a manual, and only started with their foot on the brake while it was parked in gear.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0