BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Trump to ban migrants from 6 Muslim countries

02-17-2017, 12:49 PM   #1343
iamwingman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m4

Haha. Murdered children. Hilarious.
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2017, 02:11 PM   #1344
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Ok close the thread, it won't get any better than this comment.
I need to find a "drops keyboard" icon

Seriously though, when I was considering some travel to accompany my wife for her foreign military sales job, I wasn't sure whether to wear my cross around my neck or not. Sure, I'd PROBABLY be safe on trips to Canada or Australia, but Turkey was a whole nother consideration.
Appreciate 2
Lups7594

02-17-2017, 02:17 PM   #1345
MKSixer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [0.00]
2015 BMW i8  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Obviously then the Syrians aren't doing a very good job vetting the visitors to their country
Can you really vet an F-15 or a Sukhoi SU-30?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 02:29 PM   #1346
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Can you really vet an F-15 or a Sukhoi SU-30?
Aren't they required by international aviation rules to have a transponder functioning
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2017, 04:36 PM   #1347
schoy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwingman View Post
A lot of words. I didn't mention the immigrants in that post. Obama supporters in Chicago shoot and kill Toddlers. Muslims in Syria kill toddlers. I don't much like either. What's your point?
No you didn't (which by the way is another "strawman" rebuttal). But justinuum1's argument was that domestic white supremacists pose a greater threat than radical Islamic immigrants from those 7 countries. And then you reponded to his argument. Which then makes radical islamic immigrants topical to your argument.

My point is that your post, while seemingly sarcastic and possibly facetious, only served to bolster his point. Perhaps that wasn't your intent. Or perhaps you had no idea as to the point that justinuum1 was trying to make. Either way, the logical result of your post is that you supported his point.
Appreciate 1
Lups7594

02-20-2017, 11:09 AM   #1348
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
No you didn't (which by the way is another "strawman" rebuttal). But justinuum1's argument was that domestic white supremacists pose a greater threat than radical Islamic immigrants from those 7 countries. And then you reponded to his argument. Which then makes radical islamic immigrants topical to your argument.

My point is that your post, while seemingly sarcastic and possibly facetious, only served to bolster his point. Perhaps that wasn't your intent. Or perhaps you had no idea as to the point that justinuum1 was trying to make. Either way, the logical result of your post is that you supported his point.
So are you saying white supremacists should be banned? Or what are you trying to get at? We have already established there are lots of things that are more likely to kill you than radical islam extremist. TVs falling, bee stings, etc. All of those should be banned?

Is the ban the absolutely right way to go about this? probably not. But at the same time, would this ban be worth it if it stopped just 1 terror incident? It will be impossible to ever judge the effectiveness of the ban and there will always be those that support and those that oppose. The ban was intended to "Pause" the current immigration policies from these countries that were identified by the Obama administration as potential threats.

We are still taking in refugees (50k/yr vs 110k), the new regulations will allow anyone with a current greencard to travel to and from the US, and will standardize what information is to be provided when applying for a visa, GC, refuge, etc. This is exactly what should have been in place before, but we were too concerned about being PC and accepting everyone, that we forgot to pules some rules and procedures in place.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 12:49 PM   #1349
fecurtis
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Religion of peace:

http://fox4kc.com/2017/02/21/muslim-...near-st-louis/
      02-22-2017, 06:13 PM   #1350
fravel
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Good on them.
      02-22-2017, 08:21 PM   #1351
UglyBuzzard
Baba Booey
Rep
Drives: X5 50i M Sport

This one is pathetic - allowed to teach our young children. Can't blame Trump or anyone for this one...

Arlington preschool teacher fired over 'Kill some Jews' tweet, other anti-Semitic posts
An Arlington preschool teacher has been fired over a series of anti-Semitic posts on social media, including a tweet that said “kill some Jews.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/arlin...-semitic-posts
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 08:34 PM   #1352
iamwingman
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
This one is pathetic - allowed to teach our young children. Can't blame Trump or anyone for this one...

Arlington preschool teacher fired over 'Kill some Jews' tweet, other anti-Semitic posts
An Arlington preschool teacher has been fired over a series of anti-Semitic posts on social media, including a tweet that said “kill some Jews.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/arlin...-semitic-posts
Religion of peace.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 08:48 PM   #1353
schoy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
So are you saying white supremacists should be banned? Or what are you trying to get at? We have already established there are lots of things that are more likely to kill you than radical islam extremist. TVs falling, bee stings, etc. All of those should be banned?

Is the ban the absolutely right way to go about this? probably not. But at the same time, would this ban be worth it if it stopped just 1 terror incident? It will be impossible to ever judge the effectiveness of the ban and there will always be those that support and those that oppose. The ban was intended to "Pause" the current immigration policies from these countries that were identified by the Obama administration as potential threats.

We are still taking in refugees (50k/yr vs 110k), the new regulations will allow anyone with a current greencard to travel to and from the US, and will standardize what information is to be provided when applying for a visa, GC, refuge, etc. This is exactly what should have been in place before, but we were too concerned about being PC and accepting everyone, that we forgot to pules some rules and procedures in place.
The only point I was making was that iamwingman's rebuttal to justinuum1's post was flawed -- from a purely logical analysis -- because it served to reinforce justinuum1's point. I was making no broader point about the immigration ban at all. The only takeaway (or "moral") one should take from my post is that it behooves people to consider what logical inferences can be made from one's post before hitting "Submit".
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 08:56 PM   #1354
SumBMWGuy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A German Car

The right wingers here need a thread entitled "Shit On The Muslim". Every thread devolves into some form of that anyhow.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 09:00 PM   #1355
fecurtis
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
This one is pathetic - allowed to teach our young children.
Not anymore she isn't.
      02-22-2017, 09:01 PM   #1356
Jaghave
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i (Auto) RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
The right wingers here need a thread entitled "Shit On The Muslim". Every thread devolves into some form of that anyhow.
They do a fine job on their own with no real reform visible.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 09:07 PM   #1357
iamwingman
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
The only point I was making was that iamwingman's rebuttal to justinuum1's post was flawed -- from a purely logical analysis -- because it served to reinforce justinuum1's point. I was making no broader point about the immigration ban at all. The only takeaway (or "moral") one should take from my post is that it behooves people to consider what logical inferences can be made from one's post before hitting "Submit".
I was commenting to show that there was no evidence that the bomber guy was a Trump supporter, by calling the murderers in Chicago Obama supporters. Someone was SUPPOSED to get offended and jump down my throat and say that it was offensive and all that to,assume a black criminal was an Obama supporter. Then I would bring up the blanket supposition that some redneck in Florida was a Trump supporter. See.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 09:08 PM   #1358
iamwingman
Lieutenant
Rep

It was very intentional. Nobody took the bait though.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 09:32 PM   #1359
SumBMWGuy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A German Car

Hey
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 11:40 PM   #1360
malrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 e92 M3, '17 X5 50i

Quote:
Religion of peace.
No, you POS. Her comment although outright wrong likely bore out of her dislike, possibly hatred, towards Israeli occupation and human right violations in Palestine, than anything to do with religion of Islam. Less damaging than white supremacist numb-nuts like you painting everything with a broad Islamophobic paint brush.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 11:47 PM   #1361
bbbbmw
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrash View Post
Quote:
Religion of peace.
No, you POS. Her comment although outright wrong likely bore out of her dislike, possibly hatred, towards Israeli occupation and human right violations in Palestine, than anything to do with religion of Islam. Less damaging than white supremacist numb-nuts like you painting everything with a broad Islamophobic paint brush.
"Likely?" So you are basing your overtly nasty response on your subjective interpretation of her motives?

At some point did you get a twinge of conscience before you hit "submit?"

You can still hit "edit" and partially redeem yourself.
      02-22-2017, 11:54 PM   #1362
David70
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4M Coupe

Quote:
X2, obviously being Palestinian and hating Jews isn't a difficult connection to make, they have been fighting each other for 50 years. The lack of awareness of what is going on amazes me.

If I found posts by Christians that advocated killing Muslims I could then declare Christianity a "religion of hatred"? I wouldn't have to leave this site.

Since they fired the Muslim because of posts about killing Jews we should also do the same if Christians post the same about Muslims?
      02-22-2017, 11:58 PM   #1363
malrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 e92 M3, '17 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
"Likely?" So you are basing your overtly nasty response on your subjective interpretation of her motives?

You talk of conscience yet feel no 'twinges' when posting Islamophobic shit like all Muslims are similar and the religion of Islam is the very source of violence in this world. Do you think before you type? Is my response nasty? What is nasty is the blatant Islamophobia that is rampant on these threads, without nary a thought for the majority of peaceful muslims all over the world, muslims that are treating your loved ones and actually defending this country on a daily basis.... who actually do more than type unfair shit on a BMW forum to prove how tough and independent thinking individuals they are, when in fact they are pussies who likely have never met a muslim or tried to learn their religion (except from fake, propaganda fake news websites)....the true keyboard warriors. If smear comments aren't off limits for a religion of 1.8 billion people, who the hell are you?

You also have the opportunity to redeem yourself by not answering to this, you POS.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 12:17 AM   #1364
bbbbmw
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post

You talk of conscience yet feel no 'twinges' when posting Islamophobic shit like all Muslims are similar and the religion of Islam is the very source of violence in this world. Do you think before you type? Is my response nasty? What is nasty is the blatant Islamophobia that is rampant on these threads, without nary a thought for the majority of peaceful muslims all over the world, muslims that are treating your loved ones and actually defending this country on a daily basis.... who actually do more than type unfair shit on a BMW forum to prove how tough and independent thinking individuals they are, when in fact they are pussies who likely have never met a muslim or tried to learn their religion (except from fake, propaganda fake news websites)....the true keyboard warriors. If smear comments aren't off limits for a religion of 1.8 billion people, who the hell are you?

You also have the opportunity to redeem yourself by not answering to this, you POS.
Well, we've been over this before. The majority of Muslims worldwide hold views that most westerners would consider unthinkable; like the 88% in Pakistan, etc. that think Muslims who leave the faith should be put to death. Or the double-digit percentages in western countries that think suicide bombings are justified.

Are all Muslims violent? Of course not - I don't recall reading any generalizations that broad on these posts.

But go ahead and keep hurling insults - you're kind of proving the point.