BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Trump to ban migrants from 6 Muslim countries

02-17-2017, 12:49 PM   #1343
iamwingman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m4

Haha. Murdered children. Hilarious.
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2017, 02:11 PM   #1344
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Ok close the thread, it won't get any better than this comment.
I need to find a "drops keyboard" icon

Seriously though, when I was considering some travel to accompany my wife for her foreign military sales job, I wasn't sure whether to wear my cross around my neck or not. Sure, I'd PROBABLY be safe on trips to Canada or Australia, but Turkey was a whole nother consideration.
Appreciate 2
Lups7244

02-17-2017, 02:17 PM   #1345
MKSixer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [0.00]
2015 BMW i8  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Obviously then the Syrians aren't doing a very good job vetting the visitors to their country
Can you really vet an F-15 or a Sukhoi SU-30?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 02:29 PM   #1346
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Can you really vet an F-15 or a Sukhoi SU-30?
Aren't they required by international aviation rules to have a transponder functioning
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 04:36 PM   #1347
schoy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwingman View Post
A lot of words. I didn't mention the immigrants in that post. Obama supporters in Chicago shoot and kill Toddlers. Muslims in Syria kill toddlers. I don't much like either. What's your point?
No you didn't (which by the way is another "strawman" rebuttal). But justinuum1's argument was that domestic white supremacists pose a greater threat than radical Islamic immigrants from those 7 countries. And then you reponded to his argument. Which then makes radical islamic immigrants topical to your argument.

My point is that your post, while seemingly sarcastic and possibly facetious, only served to bolster his point. Perhaps that wasn't your intent. Or perhaps you had no idea as to the point that justinuum1 was trying to make. Either way, the logical result of your post is that you supported his point.
Appreciate 1
Lups7244

Today, 11:09 AM   #1348
csu87
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
No you didn't (which by the way is another "strawman" rebuttal). But justinuum1's argument was that domestic white supremacists pose a greater threat than radical Islamic immigrants from those 7 countries. And then you reponded to his argument. Which then makes radical islamic immigrants topical to your argument.

My point is that your post, while seemingly sarcastic and possibly facetious, only served to bolster his point. Perhaps that wasn't your intent. Or perhaps you had no idea as to the point that justinuum1 was trying to make. Either way, the logical result of your post is that you supported his point.
So are you saying white supremacists should be banned? Or what are you trying to get at? We have already established there are lots of things that are more likely to kill you than radical islam extremist. TVs falling, bee stings, etc. All of those should be banned?

Is the ban the absolutely right way to go about this? probably not. But at the same time, would this ban be worth it if it stopped just 1 terror incident? It will be impossible to ever judge the effectiveness of the ban and there will always be those that support and those that oppose. The ban was intended to "Pause" the current immigration policies from these countries that were identified by the Obama administration as potential threats.

We are still taking in refugees (50k/yr vs 110k), the new regulations will allow anyone with a current greencard to travel to and from the US, and will standardize what information is to be provided when applying for a visa, GC, refuge, etc. This is exactly what should have been in place before, but we were too concerned about being PC and accepting everyone, that we forgot to pules some rules and procedures in place.
Appreciate 0