BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Tyre size question

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-09-2017, 04:17 AM   #1
Bmwbb
Private
8
Rep
99
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Tyre size question

I am planning to change the crappy contin3 to cup sport 2. My local shop advise me to fit on wider tyres: front 255/35/19 and rear 285/35/19.
Anyone has experience with wider tyre and will these fit?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 08:15 AM   #2
DivideBYZero
Never underestimate the Home-Bowl
DivideBYZero's Avatar
United Kingdom
115
Rep
537
Posts

Drives: F87 M2<E92 M3<E46 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Interested in replies...
__________________
2017 F87 M2, MG, M-DCT
2002 E36/7 Z3 2.2 Sport 5MT
2016 F22 M235i Coupe, MW, ZF8
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 10:57 AM   #3
AlexCirci
Second Lieutenant
AlexCirci's Avatar
268
Rep
290
Posts

Drives: LBB M2
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbb View Post
I am planning to change the crappy contin3 to cup sport 2. My local shop advise me to fit on wider tyres: front 255/35/19 and rear 285/35/19.
Anyone has experience with wider tyre and will these fit?
Yes they will fit.

Im running 255/30/20 up front and a 295/30/20 in the rear. Wheels are 20x9 up front and 20x10.5 in the rear.

If you are lowered you may want to go 30 sidewall in the rear
__________________
F87 M2 - LBB - 6MT - Exec Package
insta - @LBB_M2
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 11:54 AM   #4
Zippster
Lieutenant
Zippster's Avatar
United_States
155
Rep
448
Posts

Drives: 17 BMW M2
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbb View Post
I am planning to change the crappy contin3 to cup sport 2. My local shop advise me to fit on wider tyres: front 255/35/19 and rear 285/35/19.
Anyone has experience with wider tyre and will these fit?
I think the tire will be slightly taller too.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 01:11 PM   #5
mercedesc63
Captain
mercedesc63's Avatar
89
Rep
640
Posts

Drives: 2016 F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbb View Post
I am planning to change the crappy contin3 to cup sport 2. My local shop advise me to fit on wider tyres: front 255/35/19 and rear 285/35/19.
Anyone has experience with wider tyre and will these fit?
Nice choice no need for any bigger size that that. Should fit fine.

Make sure u put the MPSS 255/35/19 OEM M4/M3 star spec and rear 285/35/19 generic.
__________________
Gone but not forgotten:
E63 M6 SMG, 996 Carrera cab Triptronic, E90 335xi (two of them) auto, E93 M3 DCT, E46 M3 SMG
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 10:04 PM   #6
Bmwbb
Private
8
Rep
99
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Got it. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2017, 07:29 AM   #7
'Q
New Member
3
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Bahrain

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCirci View Post
Yes they will fit.

Im running 255/30/20 up front and a 295/30/20 in the rear. Wheels are 20x9 up front and 20x10.5 in the rear.

If you are lowered you may want to go 30 sidewall in the rear
Nice! What is your wheel offsets? Also I'm assuming that the rear tires are not stretched at all?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 11:54 PM   #8
AlexCirci
Second Lieutenant
AlexCirci's Avatar
268
Rep
290
Posts

Drives: LBB M2
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Q View Post
Nice! What is your wheel offsets? Also I'm assuming that the rear tires are not stretched at all?
Offsets in the front are +20 and rear are the same as stock which is +42. Ha yes the 295 are not stretched whatsoever
__________________
F87 M2 - LBB - 6MT - Exec Package
insta - @LBB_M2
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 03:43 AM   #9
Norcalmav23
Second Lieutenant
Norcalmav23's Avatar
126
Rep
212
Posts

Drives: AW DCT M2
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Hayward, CA

iTrader: (0)

I'm 265/35/19 and 285/35/19 PSS on stock rims. Perfect fitment, only a little beefy but with my 1 inch drop it's puuuurfect
__________________
2017 M2 - AW DCT - BM3 93 oct, Pure Stage 2, FBO, happy
2013 BRZ - was a GREAT car... just not fast enough
2008 VW GTI - first experience with boost
97 Integra GSR - crashed it
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 07:26 AM   #10
Bmwbb
Private
8
Rep
99
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalmav23 View Post
I'm 265/35/19 and 285/35/19 PSS on stock rims. Perfect fitment, only a little beefy but with my 1 inch drop it's puuuurfect
Nice choice! Def thinking ab it. Can you showed us some pic ?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 01:02 PM   #11
SupraSaiyan
Private
6
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: 1995 Supra TT HT, 2001 ITR
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalmav23 View Post
I'm 265/35/19 and 285/35/19 PSS on stock rims. Perfect fitment, only a little beefy but with my 1 inch drop it's puuuurfect
Did you put the rear MPSS on the front wheels and purchased a pair of 285s?

That's the perfect square tire size for the stock wheels.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 02:22 PM   #12
Norcalmav23
Second Lieutenant
Norcalmav23's Avatar
126
Rep
212
Posts

Drives: AW DCT M2
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Hayward, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbb View Post
Nice choice! Def thinking ab it. Can you showed us some pic ?
Here you go, this was with about a .5 inch drop, it is now about .8 inches. When my car is clean I'll post more photos
Name:  IMG_3461 BP.png
Views: 83
Size:  1.46 MB
Name:  IMG_3463 BP.png
Views: 81
Size:  1.47 MB
Name:  IMG_3465 BP.png
Views: 80
Size:  1.62 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSaiyan View Post
Did you put the rear MPSS on the front wheels and purchased a pair of 285s?

That's the perfect square tire size for the stock wheels.
I wish but I actually got slapped with the Contis. But you're right if your car comes with the PSS, then this is a no brainer.
__________________
2017 M2 - AW DCT - BM3 93 oct, Pure Stage 2, FBO, happy
2013 BRZ - was a GREAT car... just not fast enough
2008 VW GTI - first experience with boost
97 Integra GSR - crashed it
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 02:37 PM   #13
switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
switlikbob's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
153
Posts

Drives: 2017 LBB ///M2
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Southern NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalmav23 View Post
I'm 265/35/19 and 285/35/19 PSS on stock rims. Perfect fitment, only a little beefy but with my 1 inch drop it's puuuurfect
Thanks for the info!

So I'm guessing with H&R springs lowering the car .8 inches, your tire sizes should work.

Are you running spacers with the stock wheels?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 03:11 PM   #14
Norcalmav23
Second Lieutenant
Norcalmav23's Avatar
126
Rep
212
Posts

Drives: AW DCT M2
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Hayward, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by switlikbob View Post
Thanks for the info!

So I'm guessing with H&R springs lowering the car .8 inches, your tire sizes should work.

Are you running spacers with the stock wheels?
I'm on the M performance suspension right now, and just had the ride height readjusted/realigned this week to about .8 inches. I'm running no spacers, don't really like the idea of spacers, so I wanted to achieve as flush as possible with just rubber.
__________________
2017 M2 - AW DCT - BM3 93 oct, Pure Stage 2, FBO, happy
2013 BRZ - was a GREAT car... just not fast enough
2008 VW GTI - first experience with boost
97 Integra GSR - crashed it
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 10:53 PM   #15
SupraSaiyan
Private
6
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: 1995 Supra TT HT, 2001 ITR
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalmav23 View Post
I'm on the M performance suspension right now, and just had the ride height readjusted/realigned this week to about .8 inches. I'm running no spacers, don't really like the idea of spacers, so I wanted to achieve as flush as possible with just rubber.
Correct tire to wheel fitment should be most important and you did it right! 265/285 f/r is the perfect width for the stock wheels. Thanks for sharing your photos.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:53 PM.




m2
m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST