BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Forge intercooler just arrived

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-11-2017, 09:03 PM   #23
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
139
Rep
409
Posts

Drives: BMW 1M (sold). M2
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Check out my log before intercooler..ignore ignition, I had just lifted. However, ignition was 2 and 4 (going up and down) from 4500rpm until 6200rpm.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 02:15 PM   #24
FSociety
Brigadier General
FSociety's Avatar
Dominican Republic
1357
Rep
4,889
Posts

Drives: 16 X4 M40i Long Beach Blue
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC|NJ

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to FSociety
Update: Ordered CTS Turbo fmic on sale couldn't let that go
__________________
F26 X4 M40i LBB |CTSTurbo fmic @AIMperformanceNJ DP| BM3 STG2 @EnzoRacing | Uniden R3

BM3 vs M3,335,X5
BM3 vs 335 JB4
CTS-Intercooler Logs/Pics

Last edited by FSociety; 02-22-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 02:10 PM   #25
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
139
Rep
409
Posts

Drives: BMW 1M (sold). M2
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Got a link for IC ?
Any data zap graphs/logs ?

Will be fitting in Wednesday so will do some data logging and report back.

I just went on the forge website and asked if they have them, they said they only make them to order, so no link but drop them an email
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 04:42 PM   #26
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
139
Rep
409
Posts

Drives: BMW 1M (sold). M2
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

So I done some stock runs tonight, 3rd to 4th gear pulls. Outside air temperature was 4.5degC. Normal running it was sitting at 16deg C, and once I done the pulls it was up at 34deg C at the end of the 4th gear redline pull. I thought that was quite high given the outside air Temps. I'm getting the Forge intercooler on tomorrow so il do exactly the same with that. Also, max boost was 14psi
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 02:44 PM   #27
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
139
Rep
409
Posts

Drives: BMW 1M (sold). M2
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

OK so that's the intercooler fitted and it looks standard from the front, just slightly longer (end to end). I also fitted the Fabspeed 200cel DP and I'm really happy with both.

I carried out the same pulls as I posted above and the difference was amazing. The IAT stayed at 9 deg C and Max boost was 12. 6 @ 5150 rpm.. I had to slow down on both for traffic but overall it's a 25deg c reduction with both the intercooler and the dp. Obviously it shows the car is not spooling as much to meet the same target and will no doubt have affected the IA temperature but as a package improvement... Bang for buck this is a great setup.

Picture is the weight of the stock IC, weight is in Kg.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by kiysersosae; 02-23-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2017, 02:26 AM   #28
SeanWRT
Captain
SeanWRT's Avatar
327
Rep
769
Posts

Drives: F87 M2
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Shanghai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiysersosae View Post
OK so that's the intercooler fitted and it looks standard from the front, just slightly longer (end to end). I also fitted the Fabspeed 200cel DP and I'm really happy with both.

I carried out the same pulls as I posted above and the difference was amazing. The IAT stayed at 9 deg C and Max boost was 12. 6 @ 5150 rpm.. I had to slow down on both for traffic but overall it's a 25deg c reduction with both the intercooler and the dp. Obviously it shows the car is not spooling as much to meet the same target and will no doubt have affected the IA temperature but as a package improvement... Bang for buck this is a great setup.

Picture is the weight of the stock IC, weight is in Kg.
Check out the PWM before&after and let us know please.
__________________
Lemania 2320
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 05:12 AM   #29
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
139
Rep
409
Posts

Drives: BMW 1M (sold). M2
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Check out the PWM before&after and let us know please.
PWM?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 07:19 AM   #30
marcusfva
Private
22
Rep
59
Posts

Drives: M2'17 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Milano, Italy

iTrader: (0)

K. I know you are running with the Steinbauer but have you noted any kind of turbo lag with the larger IC? I ask this to you because after fitted last week the Wagner Evo II Competition on my M2 with stock ECU, HJS 300 dp + Remus catback, I feel the car, but I'm not completely sure of that, (maybe) a slightly less ready in transitions. It is like there is a very little lag when I floor the gas pedal.
But I repeat, I'm not sure for that, maybe there's also some suggestion.

I dynoyed some days ago and the power and torque are ok. 386 hp crank 6300-6700 rpm, 540 Nm 2250-3300 rpm, 100RON (95AKI) fuel pump. Unfortunately I didn't have a previous test with the car completely stock.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 09:41 AM   #31
Bee Pee
Colonel
United Kingdom
432
Rep
2,628
Posts

Drives: F20 M135i auto EB2
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW London

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to Bee Pee
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiysersosae View Post
PWM?
Won't mean much to you if you are using Steinbauer.

Pulse Wave Modulation is how JB4 monitors vacuum across turbo wastegate as a %age.

If boost is on target and PWM %age is low means turbo is working less to achieve desired boost level - good efficiency.

If boost is below target and PWM %age is high then it means burden on turbo is high and yet not achieving desired target - poor efficiency

Forge IC will lower IAT's and hi flo cat DP will lower EGT's.

Hi flo inlet should help recover any throttle response loss from Forge IC.

Look fwd to reading more about your findings.
__________________
F20 M135i EB AT with options - what a hoot !
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2017, 10:34 AM   #32
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
854
Rep
3,557
Posts

Drives: '17 M2
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusfva View Post
I dynoyed some days ago and the power and torque are ok. 386 hp crank 6300-6700 rpm, 540 Nm 2250-3300 rpm, 100RON (95AKI) fuel pump. Unfortunately
How can converting to crank hp from whp not significantly worsen accuracy?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 11:02 AM   #33
marcusfva
Private
22
Rep
59
Posts

Drives: M2'17 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Milano, Italy

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
How can converting to crank hp from whp not significantly worsen accuracy?
Yes I know, but here they are used to consider always crank values. They use a correction based on a DIN 70020, different from your dynos. My M2 hit 295whp, a lot less of US ~330-335 whp stock M2.
Take a look to one of the most famous ecu tuner in IT:

https://www.facebook.com/biesseracin...4181830832854/
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 07:28 PM   #34
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
854
Rep
3,557
Posts

Drives: '17 M2
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusfva View Post
Yes I know, but here they are used to consider always crank values. They use a correction based on a DIN 70020, different from your dynos. My M2 hit 295whp, a lot less of US ~330-335 whp stock M2.
Take a look to one of the most famous ecu tuner in IT:

https://www.facebook.com/biesseracin...4181830832854/
The US has bench dynos. I know Dinan uses them.
DIN 70020 specifies that HP be measured at the crank, and the metric is in PS rather than HP. The correction factors should mainly be related to things like humidity and temperature. So your shop further corrected based on something outside of the standard if they used a chassis dyno, right? It would seem like the DIN correction following the standard would be miniscule compared to the conversion from whp to engine hp. How they figure out what that correction factor should be?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 05:04 AM   #35
Blackorchid
New Member
United_States
8
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: G-35, M2
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: U.S.

iTrader: (0)

FSociety.....did you install CTS intercooler yet? I would like to know how it fits....My car come in this week an I ordered IC along with the intake......
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 01:34 PM   #36
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
139
Rep
409
Posts

Drives: BMW 1M (sold). M2
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Was doing some hard pulls today and spirited driving around the country roads, speed upwards off 110mph and I could not get the intercooler to go hotter than 28deg c with outside temp at 8deg c. Really impressed considering I'm running about 410hp with the tune box on
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 10:29 PM   #37
SeanWRT
Captain
SeanWRT's Avatar
327
Rep
769
Posts

Drives: F87 M2
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Shanghai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiysersosae View Post
Was doing some hard pulls today and spirited driving around the country roads, speed upwards off 110mph and I could not get the intercooler to go hotter than 28deg c with outside temp at 8deg c. Really impressed considering I'm running about 410hp with the tune box on
kiysersosae, did you dyno it with Bolt-Ons with piggyback on and off?
__________________
Lemania 2320
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 06:01 PM   #38
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
139
Rep
409
Posts

Drives: BMW 1M (sold). M2
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
kiysersosae, did you dyno it with Bolt-Ons with piggyback on and off?
No, the dyno place closed down, stuck for a place to test it.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:42 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST