BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 vs... > Top Gear Twin Test: M2 versus Audi TT RS

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-16-2017, 03:47 PM   #155
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Private First Class
21
Rep
172
Posts

Drives: Bmw M2
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyinHou View Post
Why not sit back, sip a beer, chill for a few months and get a 2 seat version of the above (probably) which might even include the OLED tail lights?

I'm pretty sure that's he's just discribed the Z5...
Beer tastes horrible haha!

I'm sure that the Z5 will look great, however the Z4 of recent years have had horrible reviews everywhere ... I have Highhope's for this rendition. Let's see how much power it will offer and at what price.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 05:01 AM   #156
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Robin_NL's Avatar
Netherlands
1215
Rep
6,079
Posts

Drives: LBB M2+MPE
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands/ Lilyhammer, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2GranCoupeOLEDlights View Post
Beer tastes horrible haha!
TT RS best car ever in the whole universe, doesn't like beer: Why I'm not surprised at all!?

Cheers
Robin
__________________
Cal 89, 9S86, 3135 Parachrom Bleu, Apple Watch Mk1
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 06:08 AM   #157
Verdi
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
113
Rep
272
Posts

Drives: M2 -17 + i3 -17
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Uppsala, Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
TT RS best car ever in the whole universe, doesn't like beer: Why I'm not surprised at all!?

Cheers
Robin
I'm sure he prefers rosé wine just like most other Audi TT drivers.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 10:36 AM   #158
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Private First Class
21
Rep
172
Posts

Drives: Bmw M2
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
TT RS best car ever in the whole universe, doesn't like beer: Why I'm not surprised at all!?

Cheers
Robin
Why would I like beer? What does that have to do with anything?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 10:37 AM   #159
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Private First Class
21
Rep
172
Posts

Drives: Bmw M2
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdi View Post
I'm sure he prefers rosé wine just like most other Audi TT drivers.
Wtf?

All alcohol tastes like shit, what are you guys going on about?

Pointless as fuck comments...jesus.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 10:39 AM   #160
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Private First Class
21
Rep
172
Posts

Drives: Bmw M2
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

I'm starting to understand the whole prejudice with BMW drivers
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 12:24 PM   #161
BruceM
Captain
411
Rep
816
Posts

Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2GranCoupeOLEDlights View Post
I'm starting to understand the whole prejudice with BMW drivers
Good. Because your sig says you drive an M2. You are clearly a mole
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 02:13 PM   #162
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Private First Class
21
Rep
172
Posts

Drives: Bmw M2
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Good. Because your sig says you drive an M2. You are clearly a mole
I'm still researching what I'm going to buy, but I definitely do not identify myself as one of you

Enjoy that beer belly though!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 03:07 PM   #163
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Robin_NL's Avatar
Netherlands
1215
Rep
6,079
Posts

Drives: LBB M2+MPE
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands/ Lilyhammer, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2GranCoupeOLEDlights View Post
I'm still researching what I'm going to buy, but I definitely do not identify myself as one of you

I'd be ashamed if you did!
We enjoy driving our sub-par cars with a smile on our face....

Cheers
Robin
__________________
Cal 89, 9S86, 3135 Parachrom Bleu, Apple Watch Mk1
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 03:36 PM   #164
Spinnetti
Private First Class
46
Rep
144
Posts

Drives: Various
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Frisco, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2GranCoupeOLEDlights View Post
Question:

For those that don't really track their car, is there a benefit to streering feel and chassis benefits from the M2? Just curious.

The TT is one entire second faster, from 0-62mph, it completely wrecks the M2, M4, Cayman S etc, in road, while looking the best from outside (subjective), sounding the best (not subjective, we all know it sounds better) and giving you a special feeling when you get in that cabin, whereas the M2, you get it and feel, welp, 2 series!

It is interesting, not having attractive seats, or the attractive version of CF (open pore looks cheap and many hate it), but feeling "wanting to come back" because of the fun.

Why doesn't BMW make a more luxury oriented compact, a la TT RS? Would the M2 CS increase in inside styling, as to be a COMPLETE PACKAGE?

Can't be that hard BMW!
Another view from an Audi fanboi...
1. I've had 4 Audi's and loved them. All this "Audi's understeer, terrible handling etc" is just rubbish, and with a bit of chassis tuning (depending on the car, springs, bars shocks, tires & alignment) they are really fun and can fling them around. If you've never raced a good FWD or AWD car, you have no idea what you are talking about RWD being "better" on track. The troll pictures above of the little rear brakes was stupid.. the rears are as big as they need to me. The fronts are huge (6 piston?)

2. I've been racing (Road/Circuit) for more than 20 years. Both of my current race cars are RWD, but I've raced Mid-engine and FWD too. Where the engine sits hasn't influenced my race finishes - all can be just fine on track. Remember they Banned Audi from racing due to them cleaning house with AWD, despite smaller engines and lower HP? Also, how a street car performs on track is meaningless. Unless you are a real racer you wont get enough out of the car on the track to matter, and if you are, what are you doing wasting time and money with a street car on the track anyway? Proper race cars are so much better and a lot cheaper than a street car on the track.

3. The TTRS is not really an apples-apples comparison for the M2 as it is more expensive and more a 2 seater. The upcoming RS3 Sedan will be a much more fair comparison.

With all that said above, I love that motor but just don't like the price, or how the TTRS looks. The interior is way better, and I love the front, but the side and rear view are not attractive and can't get a manual. M2 wins on looks and ability to get a manual. I think the M2 is better looking than the RS3 sedan too. I like the Cayman S, but its too expensive for its performance. In the end, the track numbers, "pro" opinions etc. just don't matter. It is amusing how defensive people are here and all the lame excuses, but what do you like? Everybody has a different mission.. just go with what you like and quit trying to justify deficiencies with your ego and self-image. I was all geared up to get an M2, but can't seem to get an allocation so am shopping a used R8.. I'd love an M2 and not shopping the TTRS or Cayman but I'm sure I won't be unhappy with the R8

Last edited by Spinnetti; 02-17-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Appreciate 4
      02-18-2017, 12:35 AM   #165
lop00
Private First Class
lop00's Avatar
65
Rep
190
Posts

Drives: 2
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: {

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2GranCoupeOLEDlights View Post
I'm still researching what I'm going to buy, but I definitely do not identify myself as one of you

Enjoy that beer belly though!
Maybe you should buy this Audi!



I think it blends in perfectly with your great personality and endless knowledge

Last edited by lop00; 02-18-2017 at 12:41 AM.
Appreciate 3
      02-18-2017, 02:46 AM   #166
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Robin_NL's Avatar
Netherlands
1215
Rep
6,079
Posts

Drives: LBB M2+MPE
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands/ Lilyhammer, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lop00 View Post
Maybe you should buy this Audi!



I think it blends in perfectly with your great personality and endless knowledge
LOL just like the guy above you. He must definitely be Walter Röhrl.
*Deep bow*

(Well I've tracked my '99 Subaru Impreza GTT, Audi S3, E46 M3, E90 M3, 1M, M2 and I'm doing driftdays with them. It's nice to see what a streetcar can do on a track. Each to their own. 1M, M2 are fantastic imho.)

But I sir, I know nothing. So I'm glad you're back and please tell me more about your driving experiences in many cars and how good you are at it. Because from you I will learn sir.

I only know the rear brakes of a TT RS ARE way too small and the car is slower on a small wet track than an A45 AMG .....

I also know there is much misinformation in this thread, about wintertyres vs summertyres, presented as facts. Even 'better' exhaust sound is presented as a fact.

What is it with this trolling. M2 stands for driving fun, smile on your face, a fantastic chassis, steering,brakes and a nice motor in a nice package, that combo is balanced. And it has its flaws too off course.

But in any review I read the TTRS has not the balance Audi is searching for.
It has a nice sound(but I prefer my MPE straight six), the exterior is not MY cup of tea, the chassis is just a VAG chassis with the engine hanging over the front axle. No adjustability, playability. No real balance in it like the M2 has.

BUT: It goes 0-60 in 3 seconds. And that's why it is the better car. Case closed.





Cheers
Robin
__________________
Cal 89, 9S86, 3135 Parachrom Bleu, Apple Watch Mk1
Appreciate 2
      02-18-2017, 12:38 PM   #167
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Private First Class
21
Rep
172
Posts

Drives: Bmw M2
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

The over compensation for having the same interior as a $25,000 2 series is real 😂
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 12:48 PM   #168
BruceM
Captain
411
Rep
816
Posts

Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Almost as real as the overcompensation for not having any of the cars under discussion.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 01:56 PM   #169
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Private First Class
21
Rep
172
Posts

Drives: Bmw M2
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Almost as real as the overcompensation for not having any of the cars under discussion.
It's OK, the more I wait the better the car will be

I'll check back the forums when the GC comes out or if I can afford the TT RS With a few of those mentioned modifications that will make it just about better than any BMW ever, although, of course not stock - but I would never leave my car just stock anyways!

Three cheers for chassis tuning, luxury interiors, amazing 5cyl sound...AND OLEDS (just had to include it).

Three cheers for the perfect car.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 05:05 PM   #170
AngryBaby
Private First Class
92
Rep
169
Posts

Drives: Works
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: OH

iTrader: (0)

Why has everyone been feeding this (likely very young) troll in all these threads. Just ignore him so he'll shrivel up and die already...
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 08:33 AM   #171
flyaway
Private First Class
74
Rep
140
Posts

Drives: entry level M car,nothing more
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post
Another view from an Audi fanboi...
1. I've had 4 Audi's and loved them. All this "Audi's understeer, terrible handling etc" is just rubbish, and with a bit of chassis tuning (depending on the car, springs, bars shocks, tires & alignment) they are really fun and can fling them around. If you've never raced a good FWD or AWD car, you have no idea what you are talking about RWD being "better" on track. The troll pictures above of the little rear brakes was stupid.. the rears are as big as they need to me. The fronts are huge (6 piston?)

2. I've been racing (Road/Circuit) for more than 20 years. Both of my current race cars are RWD, but I've raced Mid-engine and FWD too. Where the engine sits hasn't influenced my race finishes - all can be just fine on track. Remember they Banned Audi from racing due to them cleaning house with AWD, despite smaller engines and lower HP? Also, how a street car performs on track is meaningless. Unless you are a real racer you wont get enough out of the car on the track to matter, and if you are, what are you doing wasting time and money with a street car on the track anyway? Proper race cars are so much better and a lot cheaper than a street car on the track.

3. The TTRS is not really an apples-apples comparison for the M2 as it is more expensive and more a 2 seater. The upcoming RS3 Sedan will be a much more fair comparison.

With all that said above, I love that motor but just don't like the price, or how the TTRS looks. The interior is way better, and I love the front, but the side and rear view are not attractive and can't get a manual. M2 wins on looks and ability to get a manual. I think the M2 is better looking than the RS3 sedan too. I like the Cayman S, but its too expensive for its performance. In the end, the track numbers, "pro" opinions etc. just don't matter. It is amusing how defensive people are here and all the lame excuses, but what do you like? Everybody has a different mission.. just go with what you like and quit trying to justify deficiencies with your ego and self-image. I was all geared up to get an M2, but can't seem to get an allocation so am shopping a used R8.. I'd love an M2 and not shopping the TTRS or Cayman but I'm sure I won't be unhappy with the R8
I definitely prefer the M2 but I totally agree with the above
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 11:28 AM   #172
Jackie Chiles
Lieutenant
188
Rep
472
Posts

Drives: VW SW TDI
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Upstate

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2GranCoupeOLEDlights View Post
I'm starting to understand the whole prejudice with BMW drivers
I don't think you do. My M2 is only my second BMW. I had an R90S back in the day.

I considered a TTRS, and like the concept.

I have no brand loyalty whatsoever.

Did you ever stop to think its not prejudice, and that it might be you?
__________________
2017 M2 AW MT
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2017, 05:37 PM   #173
DivideBYZero
Never underestimate the Home-Bowl
DivideBYZero's Avatar
United Kingdom
167
Rep
676
Posts

Drives: F87 M2<E92 M3<E46 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2GranCoupeOLEDlights View Post
It's OK, the more I wait the better the car will be

I'll check back the forums when the GC comes out or if I can afford the TT RS With a few of those mentioned modifications that will make it just about better than any BMW ever, although, of course not stock - but I would never leave my car just stock anyways!

Three cheers for chassis tuning, luxury interiors, amazing 5cyl sound...AND OLEDS (just had to include it).

Three cheers for the perfect car.
14 year old detected.


Stop feeding the obvious troll, people.
__________________
2017 F87 M2, MG, M-DCT
2002 E36/7 Z3 2.2 Sport 5MT
2016 F22 M235i Coupe, MW, ZF8
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 10:59 PM   #174
ryem3
Lieutenant
105
Rep
408
Posts

Drives: 2015 VW Golf R
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rye, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post

3. The TTRS is not really an apples-apples comparison for the M2 as it is more expensive and more a 2 seater. The upcoming RS3 Sedan will be a much more fair comparison.
You are so right. After strolling through the whole thread, is is the real relevant comment. The RS3 will be about the same price. The 400 hp 5 cyl motor. Likely to be faster than the m2. All of the TTRS benefits with better styling. For the same price, 4wd, tft dash, led headlights, optional CERAMICS, and a bunch of nice colors, optional painted calipers, and a great looking interior. ( OK, optioned out, more expensive, but not by much) Handling dynamics will be a deciding factor - I'm not necessarily thinking of picking an rs3 over an m2, they might make nice stable mates.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 02:21 PM   #175
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Ex-MINI's Avatar
Canada
230
Rep
617
Posts

Drives: 2016 LBB M2 DCT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississauga

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
they might make nice stable mates.
I would agree...having an M2 and a RS3 as a nice sedan / foul weather car would be a fantastic combo
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 03:51 PM   #176
Stage IV
First Lieutenant
Stage IV's Avatar
United_States
355
Rep
315
Posts

Drives: '17 +dB's 6MT M2
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Downingtown, PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
You are so right. After strolling through the whole thread, is is the real relevant comment. The RS3 will be about the same price. The 400 hp 5 cyl motor. Likely to be faster than the m2. All of the TTRS benefits with better styling. For the same price, 4wd, tft dash, led headlights, optional CERAMICS, and a bunch of nice colors, optional painted calipers, and a great looking interior. ( OK, optioned out, more expensive, but not by much) Handling dynamics will be a deciding factor - I'm not necessarily thinking of picking an rs3 over an m2, they might make nice stable mates.
Same price? Check out the as-tested price of the S3...more than a base M2.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ed-test-review
__________________
'17 BSM N55 M2 Fabspeed DP
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 AM.




m2
m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST