BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > New Arrival !! BSM with DCT.

05-21-2017, 02:37 PM   #45
BM Creeper
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 MY17 (March 2017)

Which allowed me to attend a full day M-driving Course today !
There was three M4, one M3 and me with my M2.
Great great fun !!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
F87LUV3689.00
      05-22-2017, 01:46 PM   #46
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87LUV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Me too. I live in a steep hilly area and have to deal with traffic.
Had I known about those features I would have felt it would be a good enough DD. Oh well. Maybe I'll do something stupid and sell my MY17 and buy the last year of the M2 to have the best version of it and get the MT.
unfortunately F87LUV and akkando it seems that people aren't doing their research.

the hill holder feature has been on BMWs this entire decade. it's on my 2011 1M.

The 1M has so much low end torque I can make a 5mph " street start" in 3rd... maybe even 4th without lugging.. The M2 has the same torque and this is what gives the ability to do a creep speed easily.

The auto rev match was well known to be on the M2.

the clutch being lightweight... one would have needed a test drive ..so that would have been out for most buyers...

for anyone that even thinks for a MOMENT that they want a manual.. I can't fathom spending 3K for a DCT ... (don't do METH!)
if the DCT were a no cost option that's one thing.. *shrug*
I'm considering getting a 2018 or just trading for the CS assuming my number is even called. We dunno if that will even come in manual either. Do we?
so far .. magic 8 ball says " unclear".

If there were a 6 MT in an M2 CS... It certainly wouldn't align with the M4 CS .. so you decide on how muddled the product planning and marketing department is at BMW ..

I'm still amazed that only 150 M2 in the US market have manual seats ...
Appreciate 1
F87LUV3689.00
      05-22-2017, 02:53 PM   #47
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by victormlife View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsk8r View Post
Manual does have the creep mode in first gear, auto revs for you, just let out the clutch, no gas and it moves.

Ha, just realized i said creep mode and your username is BM Creeper, manual would of been prefect for you

Congrats on the new ride!

So does that mean it basically doesn't stall?
To a certain extent yes. But please realize that *physics always wins .. * so don't take this to the least common denominator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by victormlife View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsk8r View Post
Manual does have the creep mode in first gear, auto revs for you, just let out the clutch, no gas and it moves.

Ha, just realized i said creep mode and your username is BM Creeper, manual would of been prefect for you

Congrats on the new ride!

So does that mean it basically doesn't stall?
Lol. It most definitely stalls. I tested this with a manual m2 a few weeks ago.
      05-22-2017, 03:43 PM   #48
pissclams
bad ***** poster _
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3, 2018 F87

Quote:
unfortunately F87LUV and akkando it seems that people aren't doing their research.

the hill holder feature has been on BMWs this entire decade. it's on my 2011 1M.

The 1M has so much low end torque I can make a 5mph " street start" in 3rd... maybe even 4th without lugging.. The M2 has the same torque and this is what gives the ability to do a creep speed easily.

The auto rev match was well known to be on the M2.

the clutch being lightweight... one would have needed a test drive ..so that would have been out for most buyers...

for anyone that even thinks for a MOMENT that they want a manual.. I can't fathom spending 3K for a DCT ... (don't do METH!)
if the DCT were a no cost option that's one thing.. *shrug*
Give it a rest dude, we get it, you don't like dual clutch transmissions. Some people do like them.

Last edited by pissclams; 05-22-2017 at 05:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2017, 04:15 PM   #49
tomwac
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 545i/520d/320d/S1000R/E24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM Creeper View Post
I didn't get CF for the exterior as IMHO they are not showing that much on a BSM car.
I ordered Black Front Grills and Black Side Gills. Still not sure if I'll get the CP M3/M4 black glossy exhaust tips which fit on the F87. It could add up for making a nice full black exterior.
Exactly my build, expected to arrive at the dealer end of June. Including black grills and gills... there goes being original
With the exception of mine being a 6MT, test drove both, and (in this car) 6MT won me over...
I didn't know the M4 CP tips fit the M2, thanks for the tip, next one on my list
The carbon interior bit: is this a full set to replace everything or just the handbrake, steering wheel and center console?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2017, 06:16 PM   #50
BM Creeper
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwac View Post
Quote:
I didn't get CF for the exterior as IMHO they are not showing that much on a BSM car.
I ordered Black Front Grills and Black Side Gills. Still not sure if I'll get the CP M3/M4 black glossy exhaust tips which fit on the F87. It could add up for making a nice full black exterior.
Exactly my build, expected to arrive at the dealer end of June. Including black grills and gills... there goes being original
With the exception of mine being a 6MT, test drove both, and (in this car) 6MT won me over...
I didn't know the M4 CP tips fit the M2, thanks for the tip, next one on my list
The carbon interior bit: is this a full set to replace everything or just the handbrake, steering wheel and center console?
No, the kit brings 3 things: the handle of the hand brake, the center console bit around the base of the stick and the cf part of the head of the stick itself.
The steering wheel part has to be ordered separately.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 03:38 PM   #51
dtmurf
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
1996 BMW 318is  [4.75]
2012 Audi Q5  [4.50]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
I received 2 pics from my detailing shop which is currently working on the car. It looks nice !! For the moment though the color seems oddly grey rather than black. I hope it just needs some drying time...
Are you happy with the Xpel? Where did you have it installed?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 02:58 AM   #52
MaximeRS
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F87 LBB 6MT

Wow, quite a few Belgians in this thread. I took delivery my LBB yesterday, and crossed path with a black one near Wavre. Was it any of you guys ?

@BM Creeper If you have infos / insights about Xpel, I'm interested too.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2017, 07:23 AM   #53
BM Creeper
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmurf View Post
Quote:
I received 2 pics from my detailing shop which is currently working on the car. It looks nice !! For the moment though the color seems oddly grey rather than black. I hope it just needs some drying time...
Are you happy with the Xpel? Where did you have it installed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximeRS View Post
Wow, quite a few Belgians in this thread. I took delivery my LBB yesterday, and crossed path with a black one near Wavre. Was it any of you guys ?

@BM Creeper If you have infos / insights about Xpel, I'm interested too.
I did the full front Xpel including lights, plus mirror cups, rockers, inside of door handles, replacement of stock rear fender protection with larger Xpel one, trunk charging area, and the small below area at the back of rear wheels. Then everything else has been treated with Gyeon.
After much searching, comparison and even visiting two other places I went with http://www.pole-position.be/ in Harelbeke near Kortrijk.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
dtmurf481.50