BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bimmercode topics

02-08-2023, 02:16 PM   #2597
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yawn View Post
Also, having the M2C, do I still select M2 for coding? I was confused for a bit seeing as it has the S55 engine, I thought i might need to select M4/M3.
Yep, select M2 option. As the app reads your DME, it should detect that’s an S55 motor
      02-15-2023, 05:27 PM   #2598
Stevieno1
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Just got a 2018 M2 LCI. The fact you have to continually turn the Auto engine stop/start off every time you start the ignition and the car doesn't remember your preference drives me crazy.

I've seen a video where someone used the Bimmer Code app to code it to always be off and for the car to remember this preference. It looks easy enough to do but can somone tell me if there is anything more to it? Anything I should be aware of? The last thing I want to do is brick my new car or mess up the system programming.

Also - can anyone recommend which adaptor to use? It seems there are quite a lot of different ones to choose from.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 01:16 AM   #2599
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevieno1 View Post
Just got a 2018 M2 LCI. The fact you have to continually turn the Auto engine stop/start off every time you start the ignition and the car doesn't remember your preference drives me crazy.

I've seen a video where someone used the Bimmer Code app to code it to always be off and for the car to remember this preference. It looks easy enough to do but can somone tell me if there is anything more to it? Anything I should be aware of? The last thing I want to do is brick my new car or mess up the system programming.

Also - can anyone recommend which adaptor to use? It seems there are quite a lot of different ones to choose from.
Yep, EU/UK cars have to default to stop/start ON. US cars get to choose! I've had several S/S vehicles and they all do it. In the same way it has to start in "efficient" mode. In EU a vehicle must always start in its most efficient modes without any user intervention...

Easy to set on bimmercode to either default OFF or remember last setting. If you keep Bimmercode in normal mode (not expertmode) then it's all laid out clearly and you won't do any harm.

Just be aware when coding modules they are reset afterwards so you lose settings in that module, i.e all your radio presets, the clock, shortcut buttons, M buttons presets etc. So just be prepared for that depending on which module the setting you changed is in.

Go on bimmercode website and get an adaptor they recomrnend id say is best way to be sure.

I bought this one 5 years ago but it seems to have doubled in price since then.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...b_b_asin_title

If you Google "bmw f20 coding cheat sheet" you'll find lots of other 2 series F platform settings you can change (some applicable some not)

M2C is F87 but its built around basic 2 series F20 electronics platform

Last edited by doughboy; 02-16-2023 at 02:48 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2023, 06:44 AM   #2600
dbhajek
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Yeah works fine.

Don't "disable" ASD with Bimmercode option as it can be difficult to restore it without Esys.

Simply select a different engine type in ASD options, this will stop ASD from working and you can simply reselect S55 when you want it back on again.
Does anyone have a easy tutorial on how to restore ASD, I recently bought a M2C that had ASD coded off, so I don't have the back up, I want to turn it on and hear how it sounds.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2023, 02:48 AM   #2601
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

I had to use esys to recode the module after Bimmercode messed it up using the disable ASD option.

I don't know any other way but im sure others do.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2023, 04:56 PM   #2602
BadgerDog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhajek View Post
Does anyone have a easy tutorial on how to restore ASD, I recently bought a M2C that had ASD coded off, so I don't have the back up, I want to turn it on and hear how it sounds.

Thanks
You may still want to hear it for yourself, but FWIW I toggled it on and off repeatedly while driving and could BARELY tell the difference. Its so subtle I truly dont understand why BMW bothered adding complexity to the car (extra harness, etc) just for the "feature". It does almost nothing...
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 01:06 PM   #2603
Apexeater
Private
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW M2 Competition 6 speed

Will bimmercode be able to change the startup over rev? Car is new to me and its really annoying
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2023, 06:03 PM   #2604
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

I turned on full screen Carplay and its so much better with the new functionality that is now there. But, am imagining that there is some color shifting going on with the screen depending on the album art displayed while playing music? All other apps are normal.
      09-27-2023, 06:12 PM   #2605
Rondogger
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition; 2019 X3 M

Garage List
So I want something to read all the “ECU’s” for the purposes of determining the history of the car, trouble shooting, etc…. Is bimmercode the best way to go?

Thx!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2023, 11:38 AM   #2606
Distinct
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
I just picked up a 2021 CPO and they said that it would be flashed with the latest software as part of their certification process. Just confirming that the latest version of Bimmercode will still work. I'm most interested in the full screen CarPlay, folding mirrors and configuring some of the lighting settings. Thank you for any help.
Appreciate 0