Looks exactly like Öhlins R&T?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 07:48 PM   #24
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acexxon View Post
I personally would think that the Ohlins DFV is better than KW V3, but not there yet if you compare the DFV to the KW Clubsport.
Ohlins R&T is a street product so track performance will be shy of KW CS. However, streetability is much better. KW series will not have nearly the performance of the Ohlins R&T.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 09:05 PM   #25
Acexxon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 F06 M6 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Ohlins R&T is a street product so track performance will be shy of KW CS. However, streetability is much better. KW series will not have nearly the performance of the Ohlins R&T.
Yeah, I agree. I think the Ohlins DFV is superior than the V3, but not there yet with the CS. Yes, DFV is road/track oriented, while the KW CS is track oriented.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 10:09 AM   #26
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acexxon View Post
Yeah, I agree. I think the Ohlins DFV is superior than the V3, but not there yet with the CS. Yes, DFV is road/track oriented, while the KW CS is track oriented.
Ohlins does not have a product that competes with the KW CS. However, there is a TTX product that is far superior to the KW CS but also at more than a few times the price.
Appreciate 1
Acexxon638.00
      08-02-2017, 03:08 PM   #27
Acexxon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 F06 M6 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Ohlins does not have a product that competes with the KW CS. However, there is a TTX product that is far superior to the KW CS but also at more than a few times the price.
Totally, it's either DFV or the really expensive stuff
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2017, 12:04 PM   #28
TampaF87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrbri View Post
Regarding this technical explanation - while Ohlins manufactures a very reputable product, and may have a unique design around this particular three-way damper (e.g., patent/patent pending), it is not a technology leap over others (KW, JRZ, Bilstein). The figure 1 description is the concept of high speed compression damping - which several other manufacturers offer if it's a three-way damper. My take is that, unless you're tracking your car, it can amount to overkill for the street - especially the level of set-up and testing (test-driving) required to determine overall settings (compromise).

Did they provide a roll-center evaluation for the M2? I'm curious as to where they set the ride height for the optimal roll-center.

Thanks for all the info. These are on my list for evaluation/possible purchase!

A simple corner balance. It doesn't have to be any more complicated than that.
Appreciate 0