BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > What's a good price for a used M2 11k miles

08-10-2017, 06:27 PM   #23
M3PGH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

if some one is interested
M2 2017 just listed on Rennlist with 2800 miles and M performance exhaust for 55 k and seller is motivated
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 02:13 PM   #24
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
update; going to go see the m2 today so let's see what these folks have to say lol! at this point i'm just expecting to use it as a test drive.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 03:42 PM   #25
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
about what i expected. car was in "ok" shape. Had small dent on roof (HOW DO YOU DO THAT? - hail? donno) small scratches on bottom front bumper (expected when the driver doesn't give much of a shit), and each wheel had a small amount of curb rash. I wanted to just test the waters (even though i was already not going to purchase) and said, "check to see if somewhere in the lower 50s out the door if we are in the same ballpark and can discuss") he came back and said that would mean selling in the 40's so no..i said ok good luck. Nice guy but i'm not going to be his sucker.

apparently the car came from an Executive
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 04:57 PM   #26
Motivate
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Shopping for a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Can someone help me out on what a "good" deal would be on this used M2 that i am considering (it's pretty much exactly what i'd order so i'm thinking hard about buying).

2016 Blue M2
Executive Package
6 speed
It's got a lil under 12 miles
Assume body/paint/wheels in fine shape. Listed at $61,200 but i'm sure they needed some negotiation room. If they won't budge i'll walk of course, as i'm not desperate to get one asap or anything. Still zooming around in my modded 135
I wouldn't pay more than $50k as it is basically a 2 year old car with the 2018s already here. The price that they are asking is crazy and if you like the car but are not obsessed with having it now, just wait maybe 6 months and get a new one at MSRP or very possibly below.

The M2 is an amazing car and I like it a lot. But it is not the 1M where the production was essentially limited. There will be a CS and eventually a 2nd gen M2. The market is going to adjust.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 05:01 PM   #27
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

That's car abuse! The dealer will have to clean it up of find an ignorant buyer for that kind of money. I've seen 2 this week in better shape and lower miles that sold for $50K - and a used '17 PE at original sticker of $60K+.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 05:02 PM   #28
Motivate
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Shopping for a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
about what i expected. car was in "ok" shape. Had small dent on roof (HOW DO YOU DO THAT? - hail? donno) small scratches on bottom front bumper (expected when the driver doesn't give much of a shit), and each wheel had a small amount of curb rash. I wanted to just test the waters (even though i was already not going to purchase) and said, "check to see if somewhere in the lower 50s out the door if we are in the same ballpark and can discuss") he came back and said that would mean selling in the 40's so no..i said ok good luck. Nice guy but i'm not going to be his sucker.

apparently the car came from an Executive

Oh, I see you saw the car now. Even if it was in good shape, it was worth nowhere near what they are asking. There are still some crazy stealerships listing their new M2 in stock for $70k+. I've seen it sit for months now and will continue to sit. Some of these guys made a killing off some early buyers and are still stuck in early 2016.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 06:51 PM   #29
///MIKE M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Personally I'd rather buy used from a private seller. Avoid all the bs and dealer fees which added up alot over here and also actually get to look at who drove the car before you. Plus maininence records and less chance of some bozo at the dealer joy riding it after it gets traded in.

That car is very overpriced.

I'd sell you mine with dct option and 10500 miles no bs dealer fees for 51900. (Probably putting a feeler thread up soon to get into house ownership)

That's a 'good' deal lol. I've been follow the cars.com/autotrader market to determine a price.
Appreciate 0