BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > MY18 M2 order bank now open

06-05-2017, 04:36 PM   #67
M2Kane
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrito31 View Post
Sold my 235 couple weeks ago and I put my name in the order bank for a MY 18. I am 2nd on the list

Struggling on deciding if i want to go DCT or stick
Currently the biggest debate I also have. I had an S2000 that was manual and it was so damn fun...then I got an M3 with DCT and it was so much quicker and convenient. It's quite the dilemma! Ugh.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 04:42 PM   #68
mbrito31
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 HS M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Kane View Post
Currently the biggest debate I also have. I had an S2000 that was manual and it was so damn fun...then I got an M3 with DCT and it was so much quicker and convenient. It's quite the dilemma! Ugh.
Lol it is...I am glad that I have plenty of time to figure it out but i am sure I will change my mind a million times before I actually put my order in
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 04:47 PM   #69
mbrito31
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 HS M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartginger View Post
I have a friend in the same situation and I think I finally came up with the one question for him which made the decision easy. Think back to your favorite car you ever owned. Would you want that car with an automatic transmission?
Lol I am still going back and forth on this. The couple M2's that my local dealer has had they would not let me test drive so makes that decision more difficult
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 05:33 PM   #70
bartginger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrito31 View Post
Lol I am still going back and forth on this. The couple M2's that my local dealer has had they would not let me test drive so makes that decision more difficult
Is your M235i manual or automatic? Any regrets with your choice of transmission on it? If you have no regrets (at all), maybe you should just stick with what you have. I know this is a tough decision. But it's critical!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 04:47 PM   #71
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Sunroof (true or false)

Here is the thread I mentioned below a comparison E46 M3 and M2

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1392261

Has anyone seen the sunroof as an option on the 2018 model or is there a SA in this thread that can verify this rumor, I personnally talked to people in BMW who said it WILL not be an option (IMHO hoping it would be another 1M)

That in perspective, everyone knows BMW will make changes as in the case there will never be an M version of the Z4 but in fact that it was built and buillt well.

Any solid intel would be appreciated, I gave up on the option of a sunroof ever being an option on an M2 and as a result due to re-sell value. I bought a 2014 650ci with 13.5k miles, M-Sports package, Space Gray, 20" wheels and a bonus with B&O sound system in what I consider a pristine car. Not as a direct result I sold my 2002 M3 w/24k miles on it 6spd because at 61 I no longer have the need for 2 very nice cars and my Dads Toyota Tacoma. The M2 and E46 M3 are very much different cars but once you reach 61 you perspective and desires change over time, mostly losing a member of my family once per year since 2012, that would change anyone outlook on life.

I am finally retired after 40yrs, although the E46 is a great ride which I hoped the M2 would be its successor, I found an interesting thread where a member owns and E46 and M2, 2 different animals.

My take if you want the hydraulic steering and feeling of the road minus all the electronics which has been added since 2006 and later, you want an E46 which are rare to find a low mileage one unless you want to be ripped off by eagbmw.com or have enough money to pay more than the car's original MSRP.

If there is a SA who can screen capture the screen showing the 2018 model of the M2 with a sunroof as an option would be greatly appreciated. It will make it this post or within the post true or false.

I have owned many E46 325ci, 330ci (ZHP) and M3, my experience is if the ordering and pricing guides were out for human comsumption, it would already be leaked. If 7/17 is the month available to specify option, I fear it is only rumor

We need some solid intel, are the pricing guides out or not? Im happy with my choice of car and no longer unless circumstances change trying to obtain an M2, I am now past all that. Just commenting trash me, do whatever you need but until the guides or an ordering screen is available showing the option (which I hope is true) its only a rumor

Guys enjoy your M2, it is a sweet and on paper an awesome car, sunroof or not

Last edited by damills; 06-10-2017 at 10:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 05:27 PM   #72
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by damills View Post
Has anyone seen the sunroof as an option on the 2018 model or is there a SA in this thread that can verify this rumor, I personnally talked to people in BMW who said it WILL not be an option (IMHO hoping it would be another 1M)

That in perspective, everyone knows BMW will make changes as in the case there will never be an M version of the Z4 but in fact that it was built and buillt well.

Any solid intel would be appreciated, I gave up on the option of a sunroof ever being an option on an M2 and as a result due to re-sell value. I bought a 2014 650ci with 13.5k miles, M-Sports package, Space Gray, 20" wheels and a bonus with B&O sound system in what I consider a pristine car. Not as a direct result I sold my 2002 M3 w/24k miles on it 6spd because at 61 I no longer have the need for 2 very nice cars and my Dads Toyota Tacoma. The M2 and E46 M3 are very much different cars but once you reach 61 you perspective and desires change over time, mostly losing a member of my family once per year since 2012, that would change anyone outlook on life.

I am finally retired after 40yrs, although the E46 is a great ride which I hoped the M2 would be its successor, I found an interesting thread where a member owns and E46 and M2, 2 different animals.

My take if you want the hydraulic steering and feeling of the road minus all the electronics which has been added since 2006 and later, you want an E46 which are rare to find a low mileage one unless you want to be ripped off by eagbmw.com or have enough money to pay more than the car's original MSRP.

If there is a SA who can screen capture the screen showing the 2018 model of the M2 with a sunroof as an option would be greatly appreciated. It will make it this post or within the post true or false.

I have owned many E46 325ci, 330ci (ZHP) and M3, my experience is if the ordering and pricing guides were out for human comsumption, it would already be leaked. If 7/17 is the month available to specify option, I fear it is only rumor

We need some solid intel, are the pricing guides out or not? Im happy with my choice of car and no longer unless circumstances change trying to obtain an M2, I am now past all that. Just commenting trash me, do whatever you need but until the guides or an ordering screen is available showing the option (which I hope is true) its only a rumor

I placed an order in the order bank for a customer and the sunroof was there as an available option to click to add to his order.

Even though that is the case above, I am still awaiting the official US ordering/pricing guide to confirm. Could be a glitch in the ordering system. BMW could decide to pull it at the last second. I've seen many strange things that BMW decided to do (and not do).

Your 100% confirmed answer will be coming shortly as the ordering guides are right around the corner. Stay tuned.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 06:00 PM   #73
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315 View Post
I placed an order in the order bank for a customer and the sunroof was there as an available option to click to add to his order.

Even though that is the case above, I am still awaiting the official US ordering/pricing guide to confirm. Could be a glitch in the ordering system. BMW could decide to pull it at the last second. I've seen many strange things that BMW decided to do (and not do).

Your 100% confirmed answer will be coming shortly as the ordering guides are right around the corner. Stay tuned.
So the dealer took my deposit and never sent me a receipt or sales sheet confirming what vehicle and msrp. Should I be concerned? I've emailed him a bunch of times now with no response. Is it possible they won't even get allocations but tells customers they can order a car?
      06-08-2017, 06:08 PM   #74
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87LUV View Post
Quote:
Quote:

So the dealer took my deposit and never sent me a receipt or sales sheet confirming what vehicle and msrp. Should I be concerned? I've emailed him a bunch of times now with no response. Is it possible they won't even get allocations but tells customers they can order a car?
Did they even give you a purchase order? If you gave them your deposit but you didn't sign a purchase order, I would be concerned.

If you did sign a purchase order for your deposit, that is all your dealer needs for now. I am assuming that your dealer does not have a MY18 allocation (which VERY few dealers do at the moment) so the best that they can do is have you sign a purchase order, take your deposit and then add your car in to the order bank in 047 status with your propose color, package, options, etc.

When your dealer gets the official ordering/pricing guide, they should contact you to firm up your color, package, options and pricing based on your build so you know exactly what the MSRP is.

After that, it's a waiting game to see if your dealer gets an allocation to fill your 047 order.

I hope your dealer doesn't play games with you and I wish I had an allocation that I could fill your order with!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 06:10 PM   #75
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:

Did they even give you a purchase order? If you gave them your deposit but you didn't sign a purchase order, I would be concerned.

If you did sign a purchase order for your deposit, that is all your dealer needs for now. I am assuming that your dealer does not have a MY18 allocation (which VERY few dealers do at the moment) so the best that they can do is have you sign a purchase order, take your deposit and then add your car in to the order bank in 047 status with your propose color, package, options, etc.

When your dealer gets the official ordering/pricing guide, they should contact you to firm up your color, package, options and pricing based on your build so you know exactly what the MSRP is.

After that, it's a waiting game to see if your dealer gets an allocation to fill your 047 order.

I hope your dealer doesn't play games with you and I wish I had an allocation that I could fill your order with!
No he charged my credit card and said he'd be emailing me the paperwork to sign. I've received nothing.

I have nothing but time as I already have an M2 but wth.
      06-08-2017, 06:35 PM   #76
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

No he charged my credit card and said he'd be emailing me the paperwork to sign. I've received nothing.

Give them a few more days. At least if you do have an issue, you can always call your credit card company and dispute the charge.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 06:58 PM   #77
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Give them a few more days. At least if you do have an issue, you can always call your credit card company and dispute the charge.
It's been over a week but I'll see what happens I guess.
      06-08-2017, 07:24 PM   #78
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Donuts in the parking lot until they give you an answer.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 10:51 PM   #79
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
The same thing happened to me. A customer service person from the dealership called and asked about my experience. I told them I hadn't received any information with my build sheet and agreed upon price (MSRP). They forwarded this to someone else, and this person contacted the sales manager, who got back to me and sent the information. I've yet to hear from the original CA who I talked with. I really hate the car buying process, especially with the M2.
Appreciate 1
F87LUV3689.00
      06-09-2017, 03:26 PM   #80
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I am happy to report that the Moonroof is confirmed to be a $1,050 option. Option code "403"

Also - the official pricing guide is out now.

Last edited by Ghetto2315; 06-09-2017 at 03:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 07:59 PM   #81
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Moonroof (option 403) indeed listed as option for the US too for the MY18 (LCI) M2:
http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...86&postcount=7
      06-14-2017, 02:01 PM   #82
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
If you don't have a P.O., you won't know if you have an msrp deal. Getting creamed trading a 2016 for a 2018 is an interesting exercise. I might switch mine for a CS, but even that is looking questionable.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 02:04 PM   #83
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
Quote:
If you don't have a P.O., you won't know if you have an msrp deal. Getting creamed trading a 2016 for a 2018 is an interesting exercise. I might switch mine for a CS, but even that is looking questionable.
I have one now. Also I'll be selling my M2 privately which sucks since I'll lose the tax credit- not worth trading for high 30s-low 40s to the dealer for that.
      06-14-2017, 04:29 PM   #84
M3PGH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

you can still get tax credit
you can do courtesy trade
find a buyer and your dealer will do paper work either for free or for a small fee .
basically, they buy the car from you and sell it at same price for the buyer you find, so you get credit for trade
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 04:55 PM   #85
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Weird oddity of MY '18 pricing. MSRP is up $1k. But metallic paint is down $150. Rear Camera is now Standard, but for some weird reason, they remove the single feature that prompted most buyers to buy Exec Pkg and made it standard, but decided to increase the pkg price by $150!

At the end of the day if you can now live without the other stuff in the Exec Pkg, your car prices out around $500 less than last year. And, you get the rear facing camera.

**Edit**
Upon further analysis, it seems what they did was to remove the adaptive headlight feature from standard features, and add it to the Exec pkg.. So it looks like they swapped the Adaptive LEDs for the Rear Facing Camera.

Last edited by boostm3; 06-14-2017 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 08:49 PM   #86
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

The rear camera is standard on all 2018 BMWs. It will be required on all cars by federal law next May.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 12:20 PM   #87
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PGH View Post
find a buyer and your dealer will do paper work either for free or for a small fee .
basically, they buy the car from you and sell it at same price for the buyer you find, so you get credit for trade
Interesting angle. Most cars would take too long to sell to make this feasible, but with the M2 it might well work. Private party sales need to exceed the benefit of the tax, which sometimes doesn't happen. I traded my 2015 golf R and a private party sale wouldn't have beat the trade in. Another hard to find, desirable car.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #88
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PGH View Post
This is the best way to go about it. My dealer does it free of charge for any customer purchasing a car from them and selling theirs to a private party.
Appreciate 0