BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Car & Driver Predicts S55 w/ 400HP for the M2

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-17-2014, 11:59 AM   #67
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
phoenixbmwlife's Avatar
United_States
447
Rep
3,270
Posts

Drives: M235i & G30 540i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Boynton Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
Some dealers are dreaming of another limited production run 1M. There are a few factors that will prevent price gouging (if a buyer has any sense):

1) The M2 won't be announced as a limited production release. When the 1M came out, we all knew it wouldn't be around for long, and so did the dealers.

2) The M2 is being released in to a completely different automotive environment. The 1M spurred responses from Mercedes (CLA 45 AMG) and Audi (S3, RS3) in the compact sports car segment. Buyers have alternatives that aren't charging huge markups.

Sure, there will be cases where some idiot with more money than sense will overpay for an M2, but I predict anyone who is looking for a car at a reasonable price will find one. Look for an environment similar to the M235i where availability was limited at the beginning, but is beginning to open up.
Yeh I agree with you. Any dealer trying to charge me a premium for this car will lose my business. I just can't wait for this car, I haven't even gotten mine back from ED and I'm already thinking about the M2.
__________________
Lack of money is not the problem. It is merely a symptom of what's going on inside of you! - T Harv Eker

Follow me on IG https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 02:05 PM   #68
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
929
Rep
3,290
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Vero Beach, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Be on the lookout for dealers flat out lying, telling customers that the car is going to be limited production. Wouldn't surprise me at all.
__________________
His: 2013 ///M3 - Interlagos Blue Black M-DCT
Hers: 2013 X3 28i - N20 Mineral Silver / Sand Beige / Premium, Tech
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 11:39 PM   #69
Vintage
Colonel
Vintage's Avatar
United_States
122
Rep
2,453
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 2014 535xd 2016 GT4
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin, Texas

iTrader: (0)

almost scared to dip my toes into this water . . .

1) I have an 2010 e89 N54 with 35k miles - awesome and it has been modified! Eisenmann, AR DPs, Stett FMIC, ESS, etc. . . . . ridiculous motor in a timeless roadster with medicore handling, at best.
2) Our X3 35i is now gone, but the N55 was a very very good powerplant. Compared to the N54 it was "smoother" and more responsive initially but lost a little to the N54 on top.

which brings me to 3) I do not give a rat's ass about bespoked motors, exclusivity crap, 0-60 times, or pure hp/tq numbers as they are not important to me - I want a smaller, lighter M, that hauls ass and handles like a curvy lady named Sofia in the sack after a few shots of tequila! I will then seek out the long way home all of the damn time. So what that some will say it is "cheaper to produce," not "special", blah blah blah. I am 42 and have owned many BMWs and none I loved more than my 2000 M Coupe with 240 hp via an S52.

When this M2 comes out, for me it will be the M Coupe I should have never sold or the 1M I knew I should have ordered when I had the chance (a revered car with a modified N54 - a great but not bespoked motor).

PS, I think the M235 looks awesome as I saw a MW one on the road yesterday and it was spectacular. The M2 will be epic - hell if the M2 were not made I will probably still buy a M235, MT, with Diff. I am not paying for a used 1M at $65k - a ED M2 is in my near future! Go put your deposit down now if you want a sure fire classic.

Last edited by Vintage; 07-22-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 11:43 PM   #70
DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
DVC's Avatar
United_States
166
Rep
1,335
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
...
which brings me to 3) I do not give a rat's ass about bespoked motors, exclusivity crap, 0-60 times, or pure hp/tq numbers as they are not important to me - I want a smaller, lighter M, that hauls ass and handles like a curvy lady named Sofia in the sack after a few shots of tequila! I will then seek out the long way home all of the damn time. So what that some will say it is "cheaper to produce," not "special", blah blah blah. I am 42 and have owned many BMWs and none I loved more than my 2000 M Coupe with 240 hp via an S52.

When this M2 comes out, for me it will be the M Coupe I should have never sold or the 1M I knew I should have ordered when I had the chance (a revered car with a modified N54 - a great but not bespoked motor)...
Well-said!
__________________
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 06:37 PM   #71
MikeASU09
Private
5
Rep
52
Posts

Drives: F22 N55 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
I think the M235 looks awesome as I saw a MW one on the road yesterday and it was spectacular. The M2 will be epic - hell if the M2 were not made I will probably still buy a M235, MT, with Diff. I am not paying for a used 1M at $65k - a ED M2 is in my near future! Go put your deposit down now if you want a sure fire classic.
Well said, agreed man.
__________________
: ÜBERHOLT PRESTIGE
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #72
J-Rod
Second Lieutenant
United_States
14
Rep
291
Posts

Drives: Black Sapphire 135i
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (1)

So...I just read through the whole 4 pages...

No one mentioned a very important element in the production of this car... Price Point.

Sure, smaller and more nimble will translate into a better car in the power range that is expected...but there is a very real opportunity to cater to a younger consumer dying to get an M car. If I can get a very nicely optioned M2 under $60k a year from now, I'm all over it. M4 optioned to $75-$80, not so much!

PS: Just relocated to Miami from Puerto Rico and have to get rid of my 2010 135i
So I've been lurking here for a 1M or just waiting to know the definitives on the M2 and pull the trigger sometime at the end of next year, when the relocation dust settles... miss the 1er though.
__________________
BMS DCI / BMWP Exhaust / JB4 G5 / VSRF DPs ... for now!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 08:34 PM   #73
pikcachu
Brigadier General
pikcachu's Avatar
559
Rep
4,429
Posts

Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: undisclosed

iTrader: (0)

well end of next year won't do it... production starts March 2016 so.... expect mid 2016 deliveries at the earliest for the US
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 08:41 PM   #74
J-Rod
Second Lieutenant
United_States
14
Rep
291
Posts

Drives: Black Sapphire 135i
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (1)

Great, hope I'm patient enough to wait for the M2.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2014, 11:15 AM   #75
twin fed
Doc Brown
twin fed's Avatar
441
Rep
1,838
Posts

Drives: 2016 MG MT M2
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Isle of Long

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
Great, hope I'm patient enough to wait for the M2.

LOL, same here!
__________________


Appreciate 0
      07-29-2014, 01:13 PM   #76
Vintage
Colonel
Vintage's Avatar
United_States
122
Rep
2,453
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 2014 535xd 2016 GT4
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeASU09 View Post
Well said, agreed man.
Thanks, I love the M235 styling as to me the new 2 series looks like a BMW that honors the traditional design while blending this tradition with the future; in other words = classic BMW design (sporty but classy). When I look at the M3/M4, they are too, well I don't know . . . gimmicky in design with the lower air dams in front and back? Reminds me a bit of boy racer parts and the F117 stealth. Do not misinterpret me, M3/M4 are great just a bit over done as your eye approaches the pavement for me.

M2 . . . I may kill for one. My order will be: MT, no packages, HK and maybe leather seats but not full leather. If the adaptive suspension is lighter than non-adaptive, I will order adaptive. If the price of the CCB comes down over the next two years and they prove to hold up well on the F8X, I may order those too but as it stands $8k is silly over the stock brakes.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 10:28 AM   #77
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
929
Rep
3,290
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Vero Beach, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerEngineer View Post
Not going to lose weight. The 235 gained 40-75lbs, the new F80 M3/M4 actually lost weight. The new M2 will be near the DCT 135, basically around 3430lbs. And , like the 1M, the M2 will come in around $60-70K.... Rather the 1M was MSRP'd at $46-48k but dealers sold them for $60-84K... Also, the N55\S55 will not be over 360-370hp at most so as to not encroach on the M3/4 in performance.
Bullshit. No one is paying M3/4 money for an M2 that doesn't even have an S-motor.
__________________
His: 2013 ///M3 - Interlagos Blue Black M-DCT
Hers: 2013 X3 28i - N20 Mineral Silver / Sand Beige / Premium, Tech
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 12:18 PM   #78
ORIGIN M.
Major General
ORIGIN M.'s Avatar
1353
Rep
7,819
Posts

Drives: ...Incoming
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennu
Some dealers think that there will be a huge premium on M2 sales when it comes out.

If the M2 at launch is selling at a $5,000 - $10,000 premium I'd rather get an M4.
That's stupid, find some other dealers to consider.

Considering the very little weight difference I'm starting to think the M4 is the clear choice.
__________________
///
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 02:15 PM   #79
SCOTT26
Brigadier General
SCOTT26's Avatar
1920
Rep
4,893
Posts

Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE

iTrader: (0)

Recaro Manual Seats - No
Rear Seat Delete - No
CC Brakes - No
Aluminum Body Panels - No
Badge Delete - Optional
Short Shifter - Manual available.
__________________
Step 1.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 05:07 PM   #80
Anonymous Source
Major
20
Rep
1,135
Posts

Drives: E60&E92
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Recaro Manual Seats - No
Rear Seat Delete - No
CC Brakes - No
Aluminum Body Panels - No
Badge Delete - Optional
Short Shifter - Manual available.
Carbon roof?

Same steel brakes off M4?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 06:06 AM   #81
Wilson
Private
1
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: broken down
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: dark corner

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC View Post
Carbon roof?

Same steel brakes off M4?
I seriously hope the M2 will have CC brakes and CF roof, otherwise why call this an M car, more like M performance line.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 09:13 AM   #82
ORIGIN M.
Major General
ORIGIN M.'s Avatar
1353
Rep
7,819
Posts

Drives: ...Incoming
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC View Post
Carbon roof?

Same steel brakes off M4?
I seriously hope the M2 will have CC brakes and CF roof, otherwise why call this an M car, more like M performance line.
Scott just said not happening. The M3 just now got those after how many years of waiting. Maybe on the CSL version, if it ever appears. ///M Performance is just a parts bin away anyways.
__________________
///
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 09:28 AM   #83
ska///235i
***** noob
ska///235i's Avatar
United_States
786
Rep
10,360
Posts

Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston

iTrader: (34)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Recaro Manual Seats - No
Rear Seat Delete - No
CC Brakes - No
Aluminum Body Panels - No
Badge Delete - Optional
Short Shifter - Manual available.
Sounds like the M2 base price will be around $50k (us $)
__________________
2006 325xi (Sold)
2014 M235I (Current)
2015 428xi Gran Coupe (STB)
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 11:41 AM   #84
DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
DVC's Avatar
United_States
166
Rep
1,335
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Recaro Manual Seats - No
Rear Seat Delete - No
CC Brakes - No
Aluminum Body Panels - No
Badge Delete - Optional
Short Shifter - Manual available.
Is this confirmed, or just your gut feeling?

I think I'd have passed on the CC brakes anyway. But hopefully the CF drive shaft and roof will still be possible (as well as some other use of CFRP to keep weight down).
__________________
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 12:18 PM   #85
W///
Lieutenant General
W///'s Avatar
2669
Rep
10,654
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 M3 /07 Z4MR / 99 E36 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
almost scared to dip my toes into this water . . .

1) I have an 2010 e89 N54 with 35k miles - awesome and it has been modified! Eisenmann, AR DPs, Stett FMIC, ESS, etc. . . . . ridiculous motor in a timeless roadster with medicore handling, at best.
2) Our X3 35i is now gone, but the N55 was a very very good powerplant. Compared to the N54 it was "smoother" and more responsive initially but lost a little to the N54 on top.

which brings me to 3) I do not give a rat's ass about bespoked motors, exclusivity crap, 0-60 times, or pure hp/tq numbers as they are not important to me - I want a smaller, lighter M, that hauls ass and handles like a curvy lady named Sofia in the sack after a few shots of tequila! I will then seek out the long way home all of the damn time. So what that some will say it is "cheaper to produce," not "special", blah blah blah. I am 42 and have owned many BMWs and none I loved more than my 2000 M Coupe with 240 hp via an S52.

When this M2 comes out, for me it will be the M Coupe I should have never sold or the 1M I knew I should have ordered when I had the chance (a revered car with a modified N54 - a great but not bespoked motor).

PS, I think the M235 looks awesome as I saw a MW one on the road yesterday and it was spectacular. The M2 will be epic - hell if the M2 were not made I will probably still buy a M235, MT, with Diff. I am not paying for a used 1M at $65k - a ED M2 is in my near future! Go put your deposit down now if you want a sure fire classic.
For the most part, I agree with you on the exclusivity crap, BUT there's one thing: Have you driven an S55? Since you have extensive with both N54/5, I'd like to hear your feedback.

Because the S55 is a damn bloody good engine (in terms of lag and what not). And it really does pull all the way to redline. That would be one of my concerns with N55,although I will admit I haven't driven them angrily for an extended period.

Also, if the car is not lighter than 3450lbs, I'm going used F80.*

*Subject to change. I change my mind on an hourly basis
__________________
Current: E92 M3 Sparkling Graphite/Bamboo Beige/6MT. E36 M3 Techno Violet/Dove/5MT. E85 Z4MR Alpine White/Imola Red/6MT
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #86
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
phoenixbmwlife's Avatar
United_States
447
Rep
3,270
Posts

Drives: M235i & G30 540i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Boynton Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Recaro Manual Seats - No
Rear Seat Delete - No
CC Brakes - No
Aluminum Body Panels - No
Badge Delete - Optional
Short Shifter - Manual available.
What about CF roof?
__________________
Lack of money is not the problem. It is merely a symptom of what's going on inside of you! - T Harv Eker

Follow me on IG https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #87
KSAF
Speed Demon
KSAF's Avatar
Saudi Arabia
10
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: The Ultimate Driving Machine
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Recaro Manual Seats - No
Sport seats that look like bucket seats like the seats in the new M3/4 or normal sport seats like the M235?
__________________
Anyone can drive a fast car, but few can drive a car fast!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 03:02 PM   #88
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
phoenixbmwlife's Avatar
United_States
447
Rep
3,270
Posts

Drives: M235i & G30 540i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Boynton Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
M3/M4 seats would be good enough for me
__________________
Lack of money is not the problem. It is merely a symptom of what's going on inside of you! - T Harv Eker

Follow me on IG https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2015 bmw m2, 2015 m2, 2016 bmw m2, 2016 m2, bmw f22 m2, bmw f87 m2, bmw f92, bmw m2, bmw m2 coupe, bmw m2 coupe news, bmw m2 engine, bmw m2 f22, bmw m2 f87, bmw m2 forum, bmw m2 forums, bmw m2 motor, bmw m2 n55, bmw m2 n55 engine, bmw m2 news, bmw m2 render, bmw m2 rendering, bmw m2 renders, bmw m2 rumors, bmw spy pic, bmw spy shot, bmw spyshot, f87, f87 m2, f92 m2, m2 coupe, m2 f87, m2 f92, m2 forum, m2 forums, m2 n55, m2 news, m2 rumors, n55 bmw m2, n55 m2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST