BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > BMW M Fascination Nürburgring Nordschleife M2 2 Day Training

09-20-2017, 04:56 PM   #67
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
Fun...so its not open-lapping? I guess I'm less worried about Thermal due to available run-off and what not

The margins for error at The Ring are WAY lower
it seems way more terrorizing than it actually is...tons of fun and instructors are incredibly skilled at keeping group tight!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 08:22 PM   #68
M+M
Second Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2 DCT MPerformance coilovers

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46M54325Ci View Post
it seems way more terrorizing than it actually is...tons of fun and instructors are incredibly skilled at keeping group tight!
Except in the wet!! Rained on the afternoon of our second day and with all the rubber down the wet was very very slippery. Instructors used alternative wet lines in some corners to avoid the normal apexes.
You know what they say about eggs shells under your feet and fingertips on the wheel....
Anyway good experience.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2017, 04:08 PM   #69
M+M
Second Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Been a few weeks now since I got back and was giving the car a decent clean and decided to add the Ring sticker I picked up from the shop over in the exhibiition space across the way from the hotel. Did you pick up any thing from the shop?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2017, 06:43 PM   #70
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M+M View Post
Been a few weeks now since I got back and was giving the car a decent clean and decided to add the Ring sticker I picked up from the shop over in the exhibiition space across the way from the hotel. Did you pick up any thing from the shop?
I already have a ring sticker on my car from my ED, but I bought a smaller one because I am thinking the one I have now is too big...btw I think that the clear square plastic is designed to peel off, so you just have the track. I also took out the nurburgring part, so it's just the track...
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2017, 07:21 PM   #71
M+M
Second Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I already have a ring sticker on my car from my ED, but I bought a smaller one because I am thinking the one I have now is too big...btw I think that the clear square plastic is designed to peel off, so you just have the track. I also took out the nurburgring part, so it's just the track...
good thx. I looked at it today thinking it was a bit tinted - not so good. So that makes sense
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 11:03 AM   #72
Oyinko
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Great post, thanks for sharing!

I've been on the Nürburgring Nordschleife few years ago with my previous BMW 123D. It was a blast! I did only 4 laps but I knew the track very well thanks to Forza Motorsport

On a side note, what kind of experience do you have with driving on a track? I always wanted to do the M Performance school but I'm worried it will be "too basic" for my experience.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 11:51 AM   #73
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyinko View Post
Great post, thanks for sharing!

I've been on the Nürburgring Nordschleife few years ago with my previous BMW 123D. It was a blast! I did only 4 laps but I knew the track very well thanks to Forza Motorsport

On a side note, what kind of experience do you have with driving on a track? I always wanted to do the M Performance school but I'm worried it will be "too basic" for my experience.
2 day M school is worth it for almost anyone I think.
Appreciate 0