08-18-2017, 03:22 PM   #67
BLOJOE
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arquitecto View Post
I did some digging around and found that the ship you have circled in red "Hoegh Detroit" is most likely not the correct ship. The shipping route scheduled for this ship takes it the wrong way to Hamburg.

The ship circled in blue "Seine Highway" is also a vehicle carrier but it does not have the forecasted route available yet. This ship looks smaller than the first ship.

There is also a third ship that you can see in your screen shot, a red Walleneus Wilhemson ship named "Tiger" this is a very good candidate as well, it does not have a forecasted route yet so we can't be sure but it is the same size as the other large vehicle carriers.

The fourth and smallest ship I see is the "Isar Highway" but this one is charted to go to Estonia, not the US.

So it looks like the best possibility based off the ships moored right now are either the "Tiger" or the "Seine Highway" with the "Prestige Ace" already on the way.
Ok thanks for the update! For me none of the ships showed future shipping route which is why I had to speculate!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 03:29 PM   #68
arquitecto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 MG 6MT, '03 E39

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
2003 BMW 530i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOJOE View Post
Ok thanks for the update! For me none of the ships showed future shipping route which is why I had to speculate!
No worries, at this point speculation is all we can really do.

Until we get some ship confirmations rolling in we will have to just put on our Sherlock hats and investigate
      08-18-2017, 03:47 PM   #69
cgukevin
2018 M2 DCT MGM
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 DCT MGM Exec & carplay

Quote:
No worries, at this point speculation is all we can really do.

Until we get some ship confirmations rolling in we will have to just put on our Sherlock hats and investigate
Do you know if PCD cars will go to Baltimore instead of New York maybe?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 04:54 PM   #70
CLH
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB 6MT

My SA emailed me this morning to let me know my car is on the ship and headed west. Expected arrival in CA on 9/14. The BMW site is still showing "Production Ends", and the automated line says it's en route to port. I want to believe my SA...
      08-18-2017, 05:01 PM   #71
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH View Post
My SA emailed me this morning to let me know my car is on the ship and headed west. Expected arrival in CA on 9/14. The BMW site is still showing "Production Ends", and the automated line says it's en route to port. I want to believe my SA...
My automated line also says "in route to port" and MyBMW says 'production ended'. Also on West Coast. Hoping Im' on the same boat as you.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 05:38 PM   #72
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
Wonder if the Genius line has any more updated info... Wonder where your SA is getting his info.
      08-18-2017, 07:07 PM   #73
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

Quote:
I'd believe what your SA says - I don't recall where they get their info from, but the consensus on this site suggests your SA is the best source of info. Plus I think it's more plausible the site (notoriously behind on status) and the phone line are a bit behind on status.
      08-18-2017, 07:26 PM   #74
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I dont think my SA has much of a clue. He never contacts me with status updates. Ive told him a few times what the status is!
      08-18-2017, 07:35 PM   #75
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
I dont think my SA has much of a clue. He never contacts me with status updates. Ive told him a few times what the status is!
Yea, not all of them care to be so proactive and track your car after you sign the purchase order, but if a CA does offer a status update, it's usually the most up-to-date info.
      08-18-2017, 10:57 PM   #76
arquitecto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 MG 6MT, '03 E39

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
2003 BMW 530i  [0.00]
Update, the Seine Highway now shows it is charted to head towards Russia. That leaves the Tiger as the best bet for now until we know where it is heading.

Another ship just arrived named Morning Prosperity but it has not posted the manifest yet either.
      08-19-2017, 08:42 AM   #77
BLOJOE
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Update, the Seine Highway now shows it is charted to head towards Russia. That leaves the Tiger as the best bet for now until we know where it is heading.

Another ship just arrived named Morning Prosperity but it has not posted the manifest yet either.
Yes and it turns out I made a mistake in my identification of the ships in the webcam pict in an earlier post. The RED one in the background IS the "Tiger" and the the one on the left IS the "Morning Prosperity" - as arquitecto points out neither with a future manifest posted yet.

Get in those ships belly and come to the US!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 10:59 AM   #78
BLOJOE
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

UPDATE: So boy was I wrong. I better NOT quit my day job.

So went to BMWUSA and status shows "En route to US". I was like WTF - so decided to call Genius and it shows my car departed yesterday!!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 11:15 AM   #79
CLH
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOJOE View Post
UPDATE: So boy was I wrong. I better NOT quit my day job.

So went to BMWUSA and status shows "En route to US". I was like WTF - so decided to call Genius and it shows my car departed yesterday!!
That would match up with what my SA told me about my car. We're probably on the same boat.
      08-19-2017, 12:05 PM   #80
CLH
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

BMW USA site shows my car "En Route to the U.S." now.
      08-19-2017, 01:43 PM   #81
OSee
Captain
Rep

I'm still on production end and my 800 status is waiting at dock. Thinking I didn't make that west coast boat. Which would be super annoying.

Update: according to Genius I missed the boat . They said more than likely my car will be assigned to a boat next weekend or early the following week. So that means that super optimistic best case scenario date of September 19 is now out of the question for me.

More realistically is early October. Should have stuck with my late October ED.

Last edited by OSee; 08-19-2017 at 02:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 02:30 PM   #82
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

Pardon me for butting in, guys, but you're all working too hard at tracking your cars and you're probably getting incorrect information. So, I'm going to pass along what my CA told me about six times before I believed him: Your CA is absolutely the best source of the latest and most accurate information on your build.

In my case, he was correct every step of the way, even explaining why my car was held up even a day at various stages - none of these things were noted by the automated service, BMW Genius or MyBMW. In fact, my car was completed and at the port before any of the sources said it was completed; they often lagged behind the process by a week or more.

I'm not here to poop on the BMW SERVICES, because they're doing the best they can, but they often don't seem to have the latest information - or for some reason have incorrect information. For example, one of them told me my car had been on a boat for 5 days, when in reality the car was still in production; the boat BMW said the car was on wasn't even a vehicle transporter! Production of my car also started a week earlier than originally scheduled, which my CA reported to me the morning it happened. There were many wrong dates from the other sources along the car's 53-day journey from order approval to delivery.

So, YMMV, but the reality is you may or may not know the true status of your car. At least make your CA earn his or her commission by looking up your details. You may be glad you did!

P.S. The wait is worth it!
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2017, 05:42 PM   #83
braves716
Rep
Drives: 330i e90

My SA said my M2's ETA to the west coast port is 9/19. I made the boat!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 06:28 PM   #84
BLOJOE
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spa2k View Post
Pardon me for butting in, guys, but you're all working too hard at tracking your cars and you're probably getting incorrect information. So, I'm going to pass along what my CA told me about six times before I believed him: Your CA is absolutely the best source of the latest and most accurate information on your build.

In my case, he was correct every step of the way, even explaining why my car was held up even a day at various stages - none of these things were noted by the automated service, BMW Genius or MyBMW. In fact, my car was completed and at the port before any of the sources said it was completed; they often lagged behind the process by a week or more.

I'm not here to poop on the BMW SERVICES, because they're doing the best they can, but they often don't seem to have the latest information - or for some reason have incorrect information. For example, one of them told me my car had been on a boat for 5 days, when in reality the car was still in production; the boat BMW said the car was on wasn't even a vehicle transporter! Production of my car also started a week earlier than originally scheduled, which my CA reported to me the morning it happened. There were many wrong dates from the other sources along the car's 53-day journey from order approval to delivery.

So, YMMV, but the reality is you may or may not know the true status of your car. At least make your CA earn his or her commission by looking up your details. You may be glad you did!

P.S. The wait is worth it!

Totally hear what you are saying and I agree but like others have said I have been the one providing details on status of the car not my CA. At the end of the day he got me the MSRP allocation so I guess I could complain... ...but i'm not...

And on top of that, at least for me, it appears as though BMWUSA and Genius have been spot on... ...sofar...
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 07:01 PM   #85
M3PGH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

My car is on a boat bound for the east coast per the automated line
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 07:27 PM   #86
OSee
Captain
Rep

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #87
BLUE-BEAST///M2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Oh hellz yah....mine is on a boat!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 01:06 PM   #88
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
BMW USA site shows my car "En Route to the U.S." now.
When was your production scheduled to complete/ when did it complete? I completed 8/10 and status shows me still waiting at the exit port for a ship! The wait seems interminable. .