09-29-2017, 04:03 PM   #287
bruin1md
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota 4runner TRD Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy.L View Post
does anyone know what 2018 M2 M performance package comes with? (Z08)

2017 M2 M performance package comes with M performance exhaust, carbon tips, rear spoiler and black kidney grille $5100

My CA just quote me $4550 for the 2018 M performance package, just wondering what's in it, since it's $550 cheaper.
the exact same features as the 2017 version. I ordered it on mine and will have it port installed in the next couple of weeks (fingers crossed)
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 03:29 PM   #288
Stu2k2
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Confused. Maybe unlucky?

I've checked the WW website repeatedly, and literally every VIN plus or minus 15 from mine was loaded on Thalatta. Something like 60 VIN numbers behind me loaded on the ship.

Any chance they didn't scan my car going onto the boat? Car should be going to Baltimore. Am I missing something?

Last edited by Stu2k2; 09-30-2017 at 03:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 03:38 PM   #289
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu2k2 View Post
I've checked the WW website repeatedly, and literally every VIN plus or minus 15 from mine was loaded on Thalatta. Something like 60 VIN numbers behind me loaded on the ship.

Any chance they didn't scan my car going onto the boat? Car should be going to Baltimore. Am I missing something?
Doubtful... Are you a Week 37 build?

It's possible you're on something else though.

Are you doing a normal dealership delivery? Or did you do Euro Delivery, or are you doing BMW PCD down in Spartanburg?

Your SA should be able to tell you what ship you're on once you make it to one.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 03:54 PM   #290
jjclyde
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C HS 6MT

Quote:

Perhaps you are missing the fact your car might be on another carrier than WWL. WWL is not the only carrier that BMW uses. They are, however, the only one that provides the facility to lookup your car via VIN. But your car could very well be on another carrier (like NYK). It might have even gotten on a boat ahead of Thalatta. If you call Genius, they will tell you the name of the boat your car is on, regardless of carrier (assuming it's on a boat). I would assume your CA could provide the same info, as Zprime suggests.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 04:00 PM   #291
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:

It's also entirely possible that you're not on a boat yet, as frustrating as that can be. There are plenty of W36 cars on the Thalatta, so there is a reasonable chance that you'll be on the next boat to Baltimore if you're not on another carrier as has already been suggested.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 04:36 PM   #292
Stu2k2
Rep

I was a week 37 build and production was completed 9/11 or 9/12. Per the genius I am sitting in the port awaiting transport, with the status unchanged since 9/18 or so. Normal delivery to my dealership in Syracuse. Maybe I'm headed in via the port of NY instead of Baltimore?

I did check the other lines, and didn't see scheduled visits to Baltimore or NY (NJ) that would have left at the appropriate times.

I hate to admit it, but it's worse knowing, and yet not knowing.

Last edited by Stu2k2; 09-30-2017 at 07:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 07:48 PM   #293
vp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY18 430GC

Quote:
I was a week 37 build and production was completed 9/11 or 9/12. Per the genius I am sitting in the port awaiting transport, with the status unchanged since 9/18 or so. Normal delivery to my dealership in Syracuse. Maybe I'm headed in via the port of NY instead of Baltimore?

I did check the other lines, and didn't see scheduled visits to Baltimore or NY (NJ) that would have left at the appropriate times.

I hate to admit it, but it's worse knowing, and yet not knowing.
I am a week 37 build 4 series that completed production on 9/13. My car got onto Sierra Nevada Highway (K line vessel) and is scheduled to get to Baltimore on Oct 2nd. Possible that your vehicle is on the same boat?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 11:28 PM   #294
Stu2k2
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vp View Post
I am a week 37 build 4 series that completed production on 9/13. My car got onto Sierra Nevada Highway (K line vessel) and is scheduled to get to Baltimore on Oct 2nd. Possible that your vehicle is on the same boat?
After looking at the KLINE transpacific schedule (makes sense?!?) it could be on there.

How do you know yours is on there? The genius is telling me it's still at the port. I know genius can be a few days behind, but this would be 10ish days into that journey.

Talked to the dealer, and they printed a status sheet on my car and it says ALT PORT is NYC... which makes me question what ALT PORT means? There's no primary port on the build sheet... so does that mean the delivery port is NYC?

I really hate sounding like a clueless fool asking these questions, but this whole process is as clear as mud... Add to that I've had the top spot at my dealership since June of 2016, and I'm very skeptical about every part of this process.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 11:51 PM   #295
jjclyde
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
After looking at the KLINE transpacific schedule (makes sense?!?) it could be on there.

How do you know yours is on there? The genius is telling me it's still at the port. I know genius can be a few days behind, but this would be 10ish days into that journey.

Talked to the dealer, and they printed a status sheet on my car and it says ALT PORT is NYC... which makes me question what ALT PORT means? There's no primary port on the build sheet... so does that mean the delivery port is NYC?

I really hate sounding like a clueless fool asking these questions, but this whole process is as clear as mud... Add to that I've had the top spot at my dealership since June of 2016, and I'm very skeptical about every part of this process.
Unless you're on a WWL boat, you must rely on either BMW Genius our your CA for information. Yes, Genius can lag behind it's on-a-boat status - but you're right - 10 days is a long time. Sounds to me like your car is not on that Kline boat you mentioned. Given your distrust of your dealer's info, you really have only 2 sources: 1) WWL - and they are useful only if you end up on a WWL boat and 2) Genius. You can trust info from Genius - but you just have to accept that their status can be 3 or 4 days stale.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 11:57 PM   #296
Nezil
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjclyde View Post
Unless you're on a WWL boat, you must rely on either BMW Genius our your CA for information. Yes, Genius can lag behind it's on-a-boat status - but you're right - 10 days is a long time. Sounds to me like your car is not on that Kline boat you mentioned. Given your distrust of your dealer's info, you really have only 2 sources: 1) WWL - and they are useful only if you end up on a WWL boat and 2) Genius. You can trust info from Genius - but you just have to accept that their status can be 3 or 4 days stale.
I think Genius data is only 2 working days stale, which could be as much as 4 days if something happened on a Friday, because you won't hear about it until Tuesday.

If you've been in-line since June 2016, how has it taken so long to get a car? I started looking in late June 2017, and my car is on the Thalatta and should be landing in Port Hueneme on October 22nd. 4 months of waiting has been (and continues to be) agonising for me; I can only imaging what 16 months of waiting must feel like!

To be fair, if I'd just accepted the ridiculous offers from dealers in a 200 mile radius of my home, I'd have paid $10k over list and probably waited as long as you. I'm happy to travel the 400ish miles to get one at MSRP from a very helpful dealer. Many other people on here have travelled a lot further than that to get an allocation at a reasonable price.

CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2017, 05:25 AM   #297
vp
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I got the info from my client adviser and the bmw tracking system for me was only about a day behind which was a pleasant surprise because last year when I ordered a car it was several days behind. I think they have made some improvements. Ask your adviser to send you a screenshot of the VIR on your car.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2017, 07:48 AM   #298
Stu2k2
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
If you've been in-line since June 2016, how has it taken so long to get a car? I started looking in late June 2017, and my car is on the Thalatta and should be landing in Port Hueneme on October 22nd. 4 months of waiting has been (and continues to be) agonising for me; I can only imaging what 16 months of waiting must feel like!

To be fair, if I'd just accepted the ridiculous offers from dealers in a 200 mile radius of my home, I'd have paid $10k over list and probably waited as long as you. I'm happy to travel the 400ish miles to get one at MSRP from a very helpful dealer. Many other people on here have travelled a lot further than that to get an allocation at a reasonable price.
Long story, but my closest is a low volume dealer and there’s only two other dealers within an hour of the house. When I started calling (even 2+ hours away) it was above MSRP or I would be number 8 or more on the list. So, I gave a good faith deposit to the local dealer last year in the hope they could get a 2017 allocation.

I’ve never ordered a car before, and didn’t need the car. It actually began when VW buybacks started (had a Passat tdi). I thought an M2 would be great fun in the Adirondacks. I could buy a beater truck (lake effect snow) and garage the M2 next to my ‘71 2002 in the winter.

So, after 8 months with no allocations, the dealer gave me my deposit back, and I bought a new truck.

4 months later they got a slot for a 2018, and here I wait.

So, I was never on the actual list with a build number until July 3rd if this year.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2017, 12:22 PM   #299
jjclyde
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Just noticed - you should check the Atlantic Kline schedule, not transpacific.

There are a number of Kline ships on that schedule that are viable candidates for your car - but as has been said before - Genius can tell you boat name a few days after it gets loaded.

Weirdly, vp's Sierra Nevada Highway journey (arriving Baltimore Oct 2) does not show on any of their schedules - although it does show up on the transpacific schedule departing Baltimore on Oct 3.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2017, 10:41 PM   #300
Nezil
Major
Rep

Here's a progress update for those who have cars, like me, on the Thalatta:

Let me know if you'd like me to add any other vessels to the 'fleet' that I'm tracking. I was tracking Morning Courier as well, but I don't think there are any W37 cars on that one, so I stopped.

Appreciate 2
      10-02-2017, 02:55 AM   #301
vp
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Let me know if you'd like me to add any other vessels to the 'fleet' that I'm tracking. I was tracking Morning Courier as well, but I don't think there are any W37 cars on that one, so I stopped.
Can you please add Sierra Nevada Highway?

Edit: it showed up on the map an hour ago, couple days late in arriving at Baltimore.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2017, 09:45 AM   #302
SamerTronics
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:

Thanks Nezil.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2017, 10:01 AM   #303
Nezil
Major
Rep

Quote:
Can you please add Sierra Nevada Highway?

Edit: it showed up on the map an hour ago, couple days late in arriving at Baltimore.
Your wish is my command:

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2017, 01:40 PM   #304
hoyasaxa
Captain
Rep
Drives: GTI | 982 4.0

Quote:

Port call got pushed to the 23rd.

Panama Canal on 14th, so hopefully we can catch it on the webcam.
      10-02-2017, 03:33 PM   #305
JB330Ci
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
Your wish is my command:
Nezil,

Would greatly appreciate it if you could add "Oregon Highway" to your fleet. A couple of WK36s and and my WK37 plus some others are on board heading for Jacksonville then Galveston. Last reported location I could find was a day ago.

TIA
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2017, 03:37 PM   #306
Nezil
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB330Ci View Post
Nezil,

Would greatly appreciate it if you could add "Oregon Highway" to your fleet. A couple of WK36s and and my WK37 plus some others are on board heading for Jacksonville then Galveston. Last reported location I could find was a day ago.

TIA
Here you go. Oregon Highway is right in the middle of the Atlantic at the moment:

Appreciate 2
///cbrash226.50
JB330Ci55.00
      10-02-2017, 03:57 PM   #307
JB330Ci
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
Here you go. Oregon Highway is right in the middle of the Atlantic at the moment:
[/CENTER]
Thanks Nezil,

You are the man!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2017, 09:53 PM   #308
bimmer4life24
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Looks like Thalatta is delayed one day. Expected arrival at Baltimore now 10-8.
Appreciate 0