BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > BMW M2 online builder now up for BMWUSA!!!

03-23-2016, 01:29 PM   #45
mfakhouri
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Should we poll manual/dct???
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2016, 01:31 PM   #46
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tekcorps
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Do you really think each dealer will get the same number of M2s as M3/4? Total number of M2s produced per year will be significantly lower than the total number of M3/4s.

Also, I live in Bay Area where every single dealer has at least 20 people on their list. Some people already started to drop out like you said and you know why? Because people do not want to wait that long and go buy M3/4 and few of them move to Porsche etc. My CA is on the waitlist of the dealer himself. He is #21 or #22. He clearly said that he doesn't expect to get his car in less than 2 years. Just FYI, I called almost all CA dealers in October and most of them had close to 10 people in their list. The ones who had only 1-2 people or no one were the ones who were charging $5-10K over MSRP. So I'm still pretty confident that an average buyer who walks into the dealer and wants to buy an M2 will not be able to buy it immediately unless he agrees to pay some markup.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to prove anything. This is how it looks like so far and I really wish you were right and BMW produced as many M2 to meet the demand.

Fortunately CA doesn't represent situation in the entire country. I walked into a dealer at the end of January and got the first car that dealer is going to sell. You can still get HEA cars back east it appears from resent posts.
I hope you are right. Currently it looks like every dealer is getting at least one HEA car and everyone here is always referring to the availability of HEA cars when we are talking about the general availability of M2 over the course of next 3 years. I just have one question for you. Yes maybe CA doesn't represent the situation across the country but do you believe that every dealer in the country will ever get or keep getting customer allocations for M2? I think in the best case, a large scale dealer might get 2 M2 allocations per month. But again, this is just my opinion and I hope you guys are right.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 01:41 PM   #47
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

Quote:
I hope you are right. Currently it looks like every dealer is getting at least one HEA car and everyone here is always referring to the availability of HEA cars when we are talking about the general availability of M2 over the course of next 3 years. I just only one question for you. Yes may be CA doesn't represent the situation across the country but do you believe that every dealer in the country will ever get or keep getting customer allocations for M2? I think in the best case, a large scale dealer might get 2 M2 allocations per month. But again, this is just my opinion and I hope you guys are right.
My guess is that it's going to be a limited run car that they use for bait to sell other cars. I think you're just in the area of the country with the highest demand. Why saturate the market with a loss leader.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 01:55 PM   #48
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Thanks.

Added the M2 Configurator (USA) (http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...modelcode=162R) to the M2 manuals sticky:
http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1201088
      03-23-2016, 02:02 PM   #49
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
That's a pretty comprehensive builder BMW has got there for the M2!

How did we come to the conclusion that fully loaded would cost just under $60k? Are we missing something? Just based on what's available through the builder now, $53k is a bargain for what you're getting.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 02:26 PM   #50
3tekcorps
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
That's a pretty comprehensive builder BMW has got there for the M2!

How did we come to the conclusion that fully loaded would cost just under $60k? Are we missing something? Just based on what's available through the builder now, $53k is a bargain for what you're getting.
DCT $2900
Paint $500
Exec Package $1200

It's pretty close to 60K
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 02:33 PM   #51
jcocke
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Future M2

Quote:
I hope you are right. Currently it looks like every dealer is getting at least one HEA car and everyone here is always referring to the availability of HEA cars when we are talking about the general availability of M2 over the course of next 3 years. I just have one question for you. Yes maybe CA doesn't represent the situation across the country but do you believe that every dealer in the country will ever get or keep getting customer allocations for M2? I think in the best case, a large scale dealer might get 2 M2 allocations per month. But again, this is just my opinion and I hope you guys are right.
They will eventually adjust allocations to meet demand, just like any good business does. Once the initial wave of "newness" wears off in 6-12 months, they will be sitting on the lots just like every other BMW. This is not some wholly grail one-off Porsche limited to select buyers only.

I was merely pointing out that your experience with allocations in CA is not indicative of what we are seeing here on the East Coast. I didn't put my name on the list until mid February of this year, and I am first. Something else I have learned...a lot of the people with their name on a so-called list, never put any money down for a deposit. One dealer I spoke to had 17 people on "the list"...guess how many had placed deposits...2. Had I elected to go with that dealer, I would have been number 3, b/c I would have put money down. The others bitching about how long the list is often times never put money down. Sometimes its unfortunate, but money talks...afterall, this is capitalism...
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2016, 02:38 PM   #52
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan Rogue, 09 Jet Black M3

We'll it's about time!!

Though BMW has seriously got to offer full site abilities for phones. I hate only being able to change colors.

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 02:47 PM   #53
LinkF1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' MG F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tekcorps View Post
DCT $2900
Paint $500
Exec Package $1200

It's pretty close to 60K
Especially post tax.

Fully loaded with a 5% tax and fees puts you at $60,264.75

At BMWs currently advertised 2.99%/60mo Finance rate for the M2 it will give you a $0 down $1,082 payment. If they match the 0.9% rate they have been giving the rest of the models, that drops to $1,027.
Appreciate 2
      03-23-2016, 02:50 PM   #54
3tekcorps
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcocke View Post
They will eventually adjust allocations to meet demand, just like any good business does. Once the initial wave of "newness" wears off in 6-12 months, they will be sitting on the lots just like every other BMW. This is not some wholly grail one-off Porsche limited to select buyers only.

I was merely pointing out that your experience with allocations in CA is not indicative of what we are seeing here on the East Coast. I didn't put my name on the list until mid February of this year, and I am first. Something else I have learned...a lot of the people with their name on a so-called list, never put any money down for a deposit. One dealer I spoke to had 17 people on "the list"...guess how many had placed deposits...2. Had I elected to go with that dealer, I would have been number 3, b/c I would have put money down. The others bitching about how long the list is often times never put money down. Sometimes its unfortunate, but money talks...afterall, this is capitalism...
That's how I ended up getting the first car my dealer my gets. In talking to the SA about all the other people who wanted an M2 and "the list" I asked them how they determine who gets the first car. He responded back "the first person to deposit $ down will get the first allocation and so on, we have no deposits currently".

I asked him a few more closed ended questions and he chatted with his manager to confirm things. Deposit down, and a it was a done deal.

When I was about 17 I went to a call lot and started looking at cars they had. I don't think I had any money, or means to purchase any of them. It was one of those shady corner lots in the sketchy part of town. The sleezy sales-scum walks over and asks me some questions like they always do. Then the guy tells me straight up "Money talks, bullshit walks kid. Come back with some cash".
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 02:55 PM   #55
Bosozoku
Almost completely sane
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2, '00 S2000

Quote:
My guess is that it's going to be a limited run car that they use for bait to sell other cars. I think you're just in the area of the country with the highest demand. Why saturate the market with a loss leader.
Exactly. BMW's bread-and-butter M cars are the M3 and M4.
Both excellent Grand Touring cars.
Both with higher profit margins.
'17 BMW M2 (BSM 6MT Exec CarPlay, TechnicPnP ASD bypass, IND M Perf shift knob + keyhole cover, Pedal Haus pedals + heel plate, 3M CR90 tint, BavSound Ghost woofers, Racing Dynamics strut tower brace, Dinan midpipe, Turner intercooler)
'00 Honda S2000 (Silverstone Metallic, black leather, factory titanium shift knob + front lip + trunk spoiler, front shock tower brace, front subframe x-brace)
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 03:02 PM   #56
3tekcorps
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosozoku View Post
Exactly. BMW's bread-and-butter M cars are the M3 and M4.
Both excellent Grand Touring cars.
Both with higher profit margins.
The SA was really trying to get me into a spec'd out M235. This was just before the M2 US Price got released. So happy I didn't bite on that.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 03:14 PM   #57
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
DCT $2900
Paint $500
Exec Package $1200

It's pretty close to 60K
Forgot about DCT. Regardless, if you opt not to do DCT and even the executive package isn't a necessity (I wouldn't check that option), the only thing you would pay for is paint (if you choose to go metallic). That's still a freaking bargain, M2 for just over $52k.

I guess the question is, if you decide to go stock M2, how much would you spend/save to get a stock M235i and upgrade the components to get it as close to a M2 as possible?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 03:23 PM   #58
3tekcorps
Major
Rep

Quote:
Forgot about DCT. Regardless, if you opt not to do DCT and even the executive package isn't a necessity (I wouldn't check that option), the only thing you would pay for is paint (if you choose to go metallic). That's still a freaking bargain, M2 for just over $52k.

I guess the question is, if you decide to go stock M2, how much would you spend/save to get a stock M235i and upgrade the components to get it as close to a M2 as possible?
If you can get an M2 it's a no brainer in my opinion over the M235. I can't see anyone taking the M235 if an M2 is sitting there for a bit more.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 03:34 PM   #59
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tekcorps
Quote:

If you can get an M2 it's a no brainer in my opinion over the M235. I can't see anyone taking the M235 if an M2 is sitting there for a bit more.
Plus the M2 FENDERS.
Appreciate 2
      03-23-2016, 03:36 PM   #60
AlexCirci
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:

The exec package pretty much pays for itself. It you wanted to opt for a rear cam separately it is about $900...
      03-23-2016, 03:53 PM   #61
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4 and M2 in progress

Great news. Hoping this means that Non HEA Allocations will start to be released across dealers
      03-23-2016, 04:18 PM   #62
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Just 3 colors, 1 pkg, 1 option to choose from. So 12 combinations in total. That is a first for BMW!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 04:21 PM   #63
ajvdh
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvding View Post
Just 3 colors, 1 pkg, 1 option to choose from. So 12 combinations in total. That is a first for BMW!
Four colors, one of which will save you $550.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 04:23 PM   #64
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvdh
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvding View Post
Four colors, one of which will save you $550.
Totally missed AW..16 combo then
(Personally, i ll never buy a AW or any white ever again)
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 05:14 PM   #65
3tekcorps
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl View Post
Plus the M2 FENDERS.
Exactly. It's way more car for a little more money. At least you've got a small chance that it will hold value like a 1M. We know what M235 values are going to do.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 06:51 PM   #66
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCirc View Post
The exec package pretty much pays for itself. It you wanted to opt for a rear cam separately it is about $900...
I debated getting the Exec Pkg for the $1250, but since this car will not be my DD, I really didn't think that I needed it. Back up camera would have been nice and maybe Heated Steering Wheel, but ultimately I'm not going to be driving during winter months nor would I be driving/parking in a city, so it was an unnecessary cost for me. I get why 80%-90% of people would check the box though, especially for a decent price. I just felt it wasn't a necessity.

I may consider the Bimmertech front and rear camera's though as an aftermarket option in the future (I'd like to protect the front if I get a lip).

Appreciate 0