BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Have allocations actually been released to dealers?

02-12-2016, 03:44 PM   #1
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Have allocations actually been released to dealers?

I am desperately trying to find an allocation and am hearing so much conflicting BS from dealers. Most of them are still claiming that they haven no idea how many will be allocated to them this year and when the production dates will be. I have a friend who works at a dealership claiming that all dealers should 100% know this as of yesterday and he even has production dates for all of his dealerships allocations. I really trust him so I believe this is right.

In short,

1. Do dealers know how many allocations they will have for the year?
2. Do they have access to the build dates of the allocations?

Thanks
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2016, 04:26 PM   #2
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

1. Some dealers absolutely claim they do. This is not not normally known. Allocations for specific models are typically granted to dealer on a monthly basis and not known in advance.
2. Once an order is taken from an allocation, a production number is assigned. At some point after a production number is assigned, a build date is determined. Build date determination may not be forthcoming immediately after production number.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 05:41 PM   #3
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

I do not believe allocations have been given out yet. I am top of the list with the top m sales guy in the country. I haven't been contacted yet.

People that claim they have allocation I believe this is a HEA/demo car.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 08:19 PM   #4
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
No, not yet. I don't think any dealer knows for sure how many allocations they are going to receive. I'm #1 in my dealer's list and I try to get updates from my CA weekly. He just sent me an email last night saying that BMW hasn't informed them yet about how many allocations they would get this year. And they haven't received any customer allocations either. Long story short, if you see anyone on the forum claiming that he ordered an M2 but doesn't have a production number, it basically means that he only pre-ordered it (his name is in the order bank) and there is not a real allocation yet.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2016, 11:15 PM   #5
miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

I am also #1 at my dealership.
They have told me that they will only receive five (5) for the year.
I put my ED dates request in 2 weeks ago today. Called them today and they have no new information.
Signed retail buyers order. Build Sheet with my name on it
Still status 047. No production number.
$3000 deposit down.

I think this "black" period blows goats! Something is going on preventing the total release. Anyone else think something is up?
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2016, 01:39 PM   #6
Destroya
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Certainly makes one wonder if there are some politics behind who will be getting what allocations.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 01:49 PM   #7
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

So get this...after being given the complete runaround from various dealers, about 2 hrs after I made this thread I not only got an allocation, but a vin and production number of a car already in transit to the US with exactly the options I want! I should have it within a couple of weeks.

Long story short, call the smaller dealers and be persistent. Took me 20+ calls to get this.

Last edited by paradoxical3; 02-13-2016 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 02:15 PM   #8
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
I should have it within a couple of weeks.
So end of the month, not bad! Have you confirmed this with your dealer?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 02:22 PM   #9
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
So end of the month, not bad! Have you confirmed this with your dealer?
Yes, 1st week in March! I am shocked, but I also feel really bad how long so many people are waiting and I just jumped to the front of the queue. I went from it seeming I wouldn't be able to get one this year to having one in just a couple of weeks.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2016, 02:28 PM   #10
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, 1st week in March! I am shocked, but I also feel really bad how long so many people are waiting and I just jumped to the front of the queue. I went from it seeming I wouldn't be able to get one this year to having one in just a couple of weeks.
Yep, buying 6 weeks ahead of market launch is nice! Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 08:47 PM   #11
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Can not be delivered until mid April. They will sit at port or a holding location. The demo cars will have to wait until the official on sale date.
      02-13-2016, 09:25 PM   #12
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
Can not be delivered until mid April. They will sit at port or a holding location. The demo cars will have to wait until the official on sale date.
It is a demo car so will not sit at port according to dealer. Perhaps if BMW wants their dealers to not sell demo cars they should give them more than 1 allocation for the entire year; demo cars are actually counterproductive to these dealerships, which is why you see so many unloading them to us early. IF BMW holds my car until April, I'll just buy a Porsche.

I doubt this is the case though, a good friend of mine works at a local dealership and they are not formally prevented from selling their demo car. Discouraged yes - prevented, no.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 09:38 PM   #13
Mario_Kart
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
It is a demo car so will not sit at port according to dealer. Perhaps if BMW wants their dealers to not sell demo cars they should give them more than 1 allocation for the entire year; demo cars are actually counterproductive to these dealerships, which is why you see so many unloading them to us early. IF BMW holds my car until April, I'll just buy a Porsche.

I doubt this is the case though, a good friend of mine works at a local dealership and they are not formally prevented from selling their demo car. Discouraged yes - prevented, no.
You are clueless and you might as well go buy a Porsche now. BMW is allowing dealers to sell the HEA cars, but delivery can only happen on April 16 or later.
Appreciate 2
      02-13-2016, 10:00 PM   #14
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_Kart View Post
You are clueless and you might as well go buy a Porsche now. BMW is allowing dealers to sell the HEA cars, but delivery can only happen on April 16 or later.
Why would I believe you instead of my dealer who explicitly promised me pickup and confirmed it with the sales manager?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 10:01 PM   #15
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_Kart View Post
I don't even understand what the big deal is about waiting until April 16 to take delivery of the M2.People that are getting the first batch of cars,should just be happy that they are getting an M2,when a bunch of people are still trying to get an M2 allocation this year.
Appreciate 3
      02-13-2016, 10:02 PM   #16
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
I don't even understand what the big deal is about waiting until April 16 to take delivery of the M2.People that are getting the first batch of cars,should just be happy that they are getting an M2,when a bunch of people are still trying to get an M2 allocation this year.
My last car was totaled and I am in a rental out of pocket until I get another car. It would cost me another $1000 to rent for an additional month, and considering the reason I put a deposit on the car was because the sales manager explicitly promised me first week of march pickup I think it's pretty reasonable of me to be upset if that doesn't happen.

If you want an allocation they are out there, just call around. There is a 6mt alpine white available in ohio as of yesterday that is at msrp.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 10:03 PM   #17
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Why would I believe you instead of my dealer who explicitly promised me pickup and confirmed it with the sales manager?
Just do a search on bimmerpost.The April 16 date has been confirmed many times by BMW.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2016, 10:04 PM   #18
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Just do a search on bimmerpost.The April 16 date has been confirmed many times by BMW.
I guess what I am asking is, how can BMW prevent my dealer from not honoring that agreement with a demo car?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 10:07 PM   #19
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
My last car was totaled and I am in a rental out of pocket until I get another car. It would cost me another $1000 to rent for an additional month, and considering the reason I put a deposit on the car was because the sales manager explicitly promised me first week of march pickup I think it's pretty reasonable of me to be upset if that doesn't happen.

If you want an allocation they are out there, just call around. There is a 6mt alpine white available in ohio as of yesterday that is at msrp.
I have an allocation,I am just waiting to get my production number.I hope you get your car early but the info from BMW is that dealers are not allowed to release the car to customers until April 16.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 10:08 PM   #20
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It has?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 10:11 PM   #21
Mario_Kart
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
I guess what I am asking is, how can BMW prevent my dealer from not honoring that agreement with a demo car?
Like really, do you think BMW will let the dealers off the hook easy for breaking that rule?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 10:13 PM   #22
SGL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine M2

Garage List
2016 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_Kart
Quote:
Like really, do you think BMW will let the dealers off the hook easy for breaking that rule?
BMW won't even let journalists post reviews before Tuesday.
Appreciate 0