BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Need Help with TCK Coilovers

04-24-2024, 09:10 AM   #1
mattr832
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Need Help with TCK Coilovers

I purchased a set of coilovers from a forum member and had them installed by a shop in Portland. They ended up setting the height lower than I asked, and I’ve been bottoming out on the street and track. Also, I asked them to set rebound and compression somewhere in the middle, but not sure if they did that correctly either. I have a couple of questions since I’ll try to fix this myself:

1) I assume I can set the front height without removing any components as long as I have the spanner wrenches? I’ll need to order those since I don’t have them.

2) The single adjustable fronts are adjusted at the top of the strut, correct (for rebound)?

3) Can I lower the rear without removing or disconnecting anything? If so, what’s the best way? If not, will I have to pull the rear springs and adjust with them off the vehicle?

4) For the dual adjustable rears, is the rebound setting near the top of the strut and the compression at the bottom? Looks like the bottom I can adjust with a flat head? For the top, I had a big grey metal piece attached at the top of the strut (not sure what that is). Am I still able to access the window for rebound or do I need to remove the strut to adjust?

Here’s the kit I have:

Fronts: 8741-1484L(R)SPOR
Rears: 8242-1019SPTC
Springs: White Hyperco (I think 300/600)

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 08:33 AM   #2
mattr832
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Here’s the response from TC Kline himself in case this helps someone in the future (typos left as-is):

1) Adjust the lower spring purchase with our spanner wrenches to change ride height.

2) Rebound adjustment is on the top.

3) The height adjuster need to be unloaded and the set screw loosened to adjust height. You can use Chanel locks on the adjuster while it’s loaded, (car in the air), if you don’t mind galling it up.

4) There is an adjustment window in the top shock mount, (where you use the same all wrench as used to loosen the rear ride height adjusters). You want the window to face the wheels house son you can reach it when the rear on a jack. Nothing need to be removed. Rebound is on the top.

TC Kline
Appreciate 1
chris7197342.50