BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > MY2017 - should we expect a power increase?

05-19-2016, 01:57 PM   #111
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

I think the 1M was the most connected (I don't say best or fastest) and involving car BMW//M made after M3CSL. The fact that it was a limited doesn't make it worse or better. Just A Real Driver's car.

BMW does not make those anymore (except I hope for M2) the rest is disconnected(even the utterly fast M4)

IMHO

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2016, 02:29 PM   #112
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
So I ordered manual seats (while having electric seats and satnav in my 1M, the latter is great as I use my car as a daily more or less) , but I understand manual seats are not available in the USA?

We also have the sun/moonroof as an option(which I didn't order)

Cheers
Robin
Same here,but I'm wobbling on this and after reading on another forum that the electric chairs sit lower,then I might go down this route.

A sort of, which sits lower vs weight vs convenience factor.

Oh yeah.....Joe Bonamassa for me
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2016, 04:10 PM   #113
Cpdbeemer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i & X6 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose-1er View Post
Isn't this blasphemy in the 1Mer world?!? That's like leaving Scientology and saying L.Ron was actually kind of a whack job. Should you be looking over your shoulder now?
The 1m fanbois WILL get you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
And I agree, the M2 is a better daily driver while being just as fun, at least to me. It is also faster on the track so why wouldn't make the better track car for some?
Yup.
      05-20-2016, 06:09 AM   #114
koastal
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87

Ive done 3000 ks in a M2 and it has taken a while to adjust from a boosted 135.

If anything I believe a M2 is closer in spirit to a true M car than the left over parts ( enough to make a few cars only 1M)

It has a naturally aspirated feel that delivers more as the revs rise. This i think is what BMWs motorsport division were perhaps trying to capture and I believe they have done a good job.

I can understand 1M owners fondness for their cars. And yes they will probably appreciate in value as have a lot of quirky cars that were produced in small numbers with handling issues. Seen the price of old porsches these days

For the record just because you own a 1M doesnt mean that that you have Fangios driving skills.
Appreciate 3
      05-20-2016, 07:23 AM   #115
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by koastal View Post
Ive done 3000 ks in a M2 and it has taken a while to adjust from a boosted 135.

If anything I believe a M2 is closer in spirit to a true M car than the left over parts ( enough to make a few cars only 1M)

It has a naturally aspirated feel that delivers more as the revs rise. This i think is what BMWs motorsport division were perhaps trying to capture and I believe they have done a good job.

I can understand 1M owners fondness for their cars. And yes they will probably appreciate in value as have a lot of quirky cars that were produced in small numbers with handling issues. Seen the price of old porsches these days

For the record just because you own a 1M doesnt mean that that you have Fangios driving skills.
Fangio is dead. I'm more like Vatanen

Just drove my 1m, I almost 'hate' it when there's nothing beyond 6000rpm, time for the M2 now...

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 2
      05-20-2016, 07:29 AM   #116
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i F31 M-Sport EB to MG F87

Quote:
That's the biggest thing that's stayed with me since the M2 drive day, that angry mechanical growl/howl as the engine approaches 7000rpm. So good and so rewarding.

Also, did you get your car from Coastline? Just wondering based on your location
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2016, 07:55 AM   #117
koastal
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Fangio is dead. I'm more like Vatanen

Just drove my 1m, I almost 'hate' it when there's nothing beyond 6000rpm, time for the M2 now...

Cheers
Robin

Yes
That makes sense. As does this
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 10:03 AM   #118
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep

This is one of my favourite vids. Takes me back to a simpler time when I had fewer responsibilities. I had a MKV GTI, blue graphite metallic. It was my first car and I just drove it and drove it and loved it. Used to find any excuse to get in it and drive it, always hunting for that lift-off oversteer. I'm hoping to go back to that time every time I hop in my M2, power BS be damned.

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 03:05 AM   #119
koastal
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovewagons View Post
That's the biggest thing that's stayed with me since the M2 drive day, that angry mechanical growl/howl as the engine approaches 7000rpm. So good and so rewarding.

Also, did you get your car from Coastline? Just wondering based on your location
No not coastline. Would have as they have great service. Delivery time was November so flew to townsville and drove it home.
Ferrari vid is epic. When are you taking delivery of yours ?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 05:42 AM   #120
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No not coastline. Would have as they have great service. Delivery time was November so flew to townsville and drove it home.
Ferrari vid is epic. When are you taking delivery of yours ?
I'm supposed to be an Oct build and Dec delivery, I think I got their last allocation for this year. It's a long wait, but my current lease gets better and better over time, and I'll be getting an MY17 car, for better or worse. First car I've test driven where I can actually have one and would happily cut off a non-essential body part to own.
Appreciate 0