BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Aussie deliveries?

05-14-2016, 08:56 AM   #155
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

That was a great day. We should do it again. Smilley, which dealership was it? You mentioned they had a white one by the end of the month? Spec? I would have had my car by last month but i gave up that car and asked for a later build due to some legit reasons (shut up Alpine, I can see you laughing already). But now I'm sort of itching to get one sooner. PM me if easier.
Appreciate 1
      05-14-2016, 09:05 AM   #156
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
That was a great day. We should do it again. Smilley, which dealership was it? You mentioned they had a white one by the end of the month? Spec? I would have had my car by last month but i gave up that car and asked for a later build due to some legit reasons (shut up Alpine, I can see you laughing already). But now I'm sort of itching to get one sooner. PM me if easier.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahana nan

Last edited by Alpine*; 05-14-2016 at 09:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 09:26 AM   #157
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
Thanks mate, I'm going with LBB, MDCT & sunroof. If I was willing to go with white I would have had the car by end of the month.
Excellent choice, identical spec to mine, LBB is worth the extra wait.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 10:03 AM   #158
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

It's actually what I've ordered too. Everyone has the same spec lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 07:49 PM   #159
turboadam
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Comp Pkg

Quote:
It's actually what I've ordered too. Everyone has the same spec lol.
Me three! seriously.

I am selling my 2010 Nissan GTR (private sale) for my first BMW.

Bit of a step down performance wise, but it makes up for it in other areas.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 03:36 AM   #160
koastal
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboadam View Post
Me three! seriously.

I am selling my 2010 Nissan GTR (private sale) for my first BMW.

Bit of a step down performance wise, but it makes up for it in other areas.
What color is the GTR ?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 05:21 AM   #161
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
The dealer had to swap their white one with another dealer that had a car yet to be built coming. I'm not sure which dealer they swapped with.
I can ask tomorrow and PM you.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 06:56 PM   #162
turboadam
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by koastal View Post
What color is the GTR ?
Red
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 09:58 PM   #163
turboadam
Private
Rep

Hey fellow Aussies, what information - number?? re my order has been placed should I expect to see when the dealer tells me that my car has been ordered?

I.e. at this point he has told me "We got an August production allocation and ETA should be around end of October".

Should I be getting some sort of order number or something to make sure that he is not telling me porkies?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 10:37 PM   #164
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboadam View Post
Hey fellow Aussies, what information - number?? re my order has been placed should I expect to see when the dealer tells me that my car has been ordered?

I.e. at this point he has told me "We got an August production allocation and ETA should be around end of October".

Should I be getting some sort of order number or something to make sure that he is not telling me porkies?
The initial number you will receive is your Production #, this basically identifies when your car will be built. Unfortunately it's not much use to us personally as we cannot access any systems, unlike the US, to view the build progress and status.

Once the car is built you will get your Vin #, this is when things get a bit more exciting as once your car is loaded on a ship you can then track it on it's journey to Australia.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 05:51 AM   #165
HHawker
Rep
Drives: Audi S3

Great to see some M2s finally landing here in Aus!

I've been talking to a dealer for the past couple of weeks on price. The lowest I've been able to get them down to is $109,500 drive away. That's for LBB with a sunroof (including corporate with complimentary servicing) delivered towards November. Still not 100% happy with price so haven't put pen to paper yet - Having said that appears to be about right given what others have paid.

Has anyone picked up the extended warranty with their car? Was quoted $4,300 when I enquired with the dealer.

Also great to see the M2 to pick up Australia's Best Driver's Car!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 02:51 AM   #166
koastal
Captain
Australia
Rep

Done 2700 klms so far.
Liking it more and more
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 04:19 AM   #167
Cpdbeemer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i & X6 5.0

Anyone know of dealers with a car/s ? I am now officially looking for one.
      05-22-2016, 06:52 AM   #168
never-too-old 73
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by koastal View Post
Done 2700 klms so far.
Liking it more and more
Koastal, did you get a manual or dual clutch? Pleased you are enjoying your M2. I meant to mention in a previous post that a major Melbourne trader who bought my M3 (the only one there) said that second-hand cars with sunroofs were in great demand except strangely enough at Geelong, a coastal town. They have a massive floor comprising premium sports cars in Porsches, Ferraris, Lambos, Jaguars etc. My M3 dual clutch was miles better than the dual clutch in my wife's 135i M which I drove in rotation during the week as my wife walks to work. The floor shift was more intuitive without the need to press the shift button and reverse was a tap to the left and forward, taking a split second. Also going down through the gears from 7th pulled the M3 up quicker so I rarely used the brakes. Milltek cat-back exhaust. What is everyone paying for insurance, certainly not with Allianz?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 03:27 AM   #169
koastal
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by never-too-old 73 View Post
Koastal, did you get a manual or dual clutch? Pleased you are enjoying your M2. I meant to mention in a previous post that a major Melbourne trader who bought my M3 (the only one there) said that second-hand cars with sunroofs were in great demand except strangely enough at Geelong, a coastal town. They have a massive floor comprising premium sports cars in Porsches, Ferraris, Lambos, Jaguars etc. My M3 dual clutch was miles better than the dual clutch in my wife's 135i M which I drove in rotation during the week as my wife walks to work. The floor shift was more intuitive without the need to press the shift button and reverse was a tap to the left and forward, taking a split second. Also going down through the gears from 7th pulled the M3 up quicker so I rarely used the brakes. Milltek cat-back exhaust. What is everyone paying for insurance, certainly not with Allianz?
I went the dual clutch again, I love manuals but the dct is just quicker. And i like the the traffic light derby, trackdays and hillclimbs
I dont use auto mode and left foot brake. Bit of a gripe is that the pedals are further to the right in the M2, so may modify the brake pedal to make this easier.

The DCT in my 135 is terrific. The M2 is savage in sport+ mode enough to trigger traction control on the upshift.

Insurance was $1500
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 08:47 AM   #170
vaultdweller16
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 AW

Hi guys, was just told by my dealership that they cant give out VIN's until the cars arrive in aus - apparently bmw australias new rules. Can anyone comfirm this?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 05:22 AM   #171
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaultdweller16 View Post
Hi guys, was just told by my dealership that they cant give out VIN's until the cars arrive in aus - apparently bmw australias new rules. Can anyone comfirm this?
I've got my order confirmed and all I have is a production number but no VIN. My car is an August build.

Maybe someone else can shed some light as to whether one receives a VIN prior to delivery?
F82 M4 | 6-speed manual | PP performance Stage 2 tune | Re-valved Bilstein B16s | VRSF midpipe | OEM CS front splitter | OEM GTS hood | OEM M-performance rear diffuser| Evolve tuning catless downpipes | 310rwkw (415rwhp)
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 05:38 AM   #172
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
First i've heard of that, got my Vin # as soon as the car was built which then allowed me to track the vehicle's journey to Oz, when were these 'new rules' apparently introduced? I'd question them again.

I pick mine up Saturday.
Appreciate 2
      05-24-2016, 09:23 AM   #173
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Have they given you any info? Do you have a production number?
I got my production number and vin from the dealer, I placed my order 2 weeks ago.

Sounds like dealer rubbish to me, why couldn't you know a serial number for something that is allocated to you??

Wouldn't be first time for a dealer to sell something they don't have.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 10:14 AM   #174
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
First i've heard of that, got my Vin # as soon as the car was built which then allowed me to track the vehicle's journey to Oz, when were these 'new rules' apparently introduced? I'd question them again.

I pick mine up Saturday.
Very jealous !! I don't get mine till September!!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 11:26 AM   #175
den525
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by koastal
Quote:
Originally Posted by never-too-old 73 View Post
I went the dual clutch again, I love manuals but the dct is just quicker. And i like the the traffic light derby, trackdays and hillclimbs
I dont use auto mode and left foot brake. Bit of a gripe is that the pedals are further to the right in the M2, so may modify the brake pedal to make this easier.

The DCT in my 135 is terrific. The M2 is savage in sport+ mode enough to trigger traction control on the upshift.

Insurance was $1500
Was always curious why BMW went from 6 speed auto, to DCT in the e series 135i... To ZF in the f series M135i and M235i...

Wonder how different that generation DCT to this generation or even old DCT vs ZF
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 12:46 PM   #176
Fab_R
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 / Audi S3 8V Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post

I pick mine up Saturday.
Fantastic mate....I'm waiting for the call too.
Appreciate 1