BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > FABSPEED MOTORSPORT | M2 Exhaust Suite Unleashed

Closed Thread

11-03-2017, 02:41 PM   #397
nilaz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2

Is any power gains results by combining sport cat DP with MPE and 98 Oct gas?

In case of shipment in Europe shall I expect custom clearance?

Please send me with pm all the required information.

Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2017, 02:43 PM   #398
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilaz View Post
Is any power gains results by combining sport cat DP with MPE and 98 Oct gas?

In case of shipment in Europe shall I expect custom clearance?

Please send me with pm all the required information.

Thank you in advance.
I'll send you a PM now as well!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 01:47 PM   #399
Mattemattee
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
I thought they were really fussy about exhaust noise in Sweden ? Don't you expect problems ?
Sorry for My late reply. No not that fussy actually. Your car can sound quite much before they "say no" at the yearly check, which btw goes for cars older than three years (new cars don't need to have the yearly check done).

I think I can add the sport cat aswell without any complicstions
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 02:08 AM   #400
Corinne
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: M2 2018 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattemattee View Post
Sorry for My late reply. No not that fussy actually. Your car can sound quite much before they "say no" at the yearly check, which btw goes for cars older than three years (new cars don't need to have the yearly check done).

I think I can add the sport cat aswell without any complicstions
Thanks ! I guess I should be ok in France. However I drive into Switzerland 4 days a week and am wondering what THEY are going to say... I'm hoping it will be relatively civilised under 2000 rpm
2011 Lotus Elise SC, 2002 BMW 330d, 1990 Caterham Super 7 HPC (sold), 1985 Porsche 911 Carrera SC (sold), 1978 Caterham Super 7 (sold), 1972 Triumph TR6 (sold), 1972 Jensen Healey (sold), 1965 Triumph TR4A (sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 03:13 AM   #401
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Just acquired a hardly used F'speed 200 CPI DP for M2 DCT c/w MPE. Will report back once installed....

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2017, 06:30 AM   #402
AK.Alexx
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Just acquired a hardly used F'speed 200 CPI DP for M2 DCT c/w MPE. Will report back once installed....
Very curious about your opinion.
I'm choosing between wagner 200cell or fabspeed. Fabspeed no CEL, but wagner sounds little more raw I think.

But I'm not (yet) going to use my JB4 from the M135i, so at this moment fabspeed is my first choice. But sound is very important..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 08:21 AM   #403
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK.Alexx View Post
I'm choosing between wagner 200cell or fabspeed. Fabspeed no CEL, but wagner sounds little more raw I think.

But I'm not (yet) going to use my JB4 from the M135i, so at this moment fabspeed is my first choice. But sound is very important..
OK - will update once installed. TBH I hope F'speed adds more character than volume to my car's MPE else it wont past TD pit or drive-by noise tests. No one likes short shifting after all !!!

Like you, I'm not sure I'm going to fit Jb4 - as per m135i - as you hit the limits of OE hardware in anything above map 1 unless you go with meth inj and or fuel system upgrades.

Bagged a 2nd hand unused Dinan Sport Tuner of eBay USA so plan on giving this a try with F'speed DP to hopefully get my M2 up to same level as my M135i Jb2 stg 2 on 98/99 RON in the go-dept.

If Dinan doesn't do it for me then I'll look at BM3 or MHD....

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 12:18 PM   #404
RedCarrot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 AW M2

I have the Fabspeed 200cell Cat sitting in my kitchen the last couple weeks. I will install it along with JB4 shortly after I take delivery of my M2 next week. Fabspeed became my only choice once I decided not to do a flash. JB4 from what I understand no longer erases CEL code.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 12:34 PM   #405
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Great to hear. We are very excited to how the build turns out.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 02:59 AM   #406
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

I had BCS 200 cpi DP on my m 135i - it sounded superb paired with MPE only initially then I added remus midpipe between DP and MPE. No drone lots of character tho'

YT is of my actual car at a meet.....

Current '22 X3M LCI..

Last edited by Bee Pee; 11-20-2017 at 03:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 03:28 AM   #407
AK.Alexx
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Yes I know. Followed your car on Babybmw.
On my M135i I had catless, no midsilencer and custom exhaust with bypass.
But MPE on M2 is something else. I'm a little afraid of being to raspy combined with catless.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 07:55 AM   #408
Corinne
Captain
France
Rep

My Fabspeed sports cat and exhaust review

Before I start I have to apologise for the mess with the photos... it's all gone wrong and I can't spend any more time trying to sort it out

I wanted a really loud exhaust for my M2 with plenty of gurgles, backfires and rumbling bass and, after checking out loads of videos, I decided to settle for the Fabspeed combination of sports cat and muffler bypass. I didn’t want to go for a valved system as I wished to avoid unnecessary weight, silly red buttons in the trunk, silly remote controls in the cabin, possible technical problems and cost. In any case, as a 62 year old hooligan, I wanted a system which would be loud ALL the time .

Of course, as many others on this forum will attest, the videos don’t sound at all like the real thing and I unfortunately had no possibility of listening to a Fabspeed set up here in France as no-one has one. So I watched the Fabspeed video of the M2 driving backwards and forwards in their car park and thought this sounded pretty good, all the time wishing they had more videos published. I made a first contact with Bobby at Fabspeed and asked all sorts of questions and I must say I was extremely impressed, not only at his quick responses,but by the way he professionally took the trouble to provide an answer to every single question rather than give me a quick roughshod generalised load of bullshit as many companies are wont to do.

However I was becoming increasingly concerned reading about a few forum members who were experiencing some rather serious technical problems when trying to fit their muffler bypass. Luckily Bobby confirmed that the system had been redesigned. I pushed him to make absolutely sure then ordered.

The package arrived exactly as expected and I was really impressed by the quality of both the sports cat, the tubing and the shiny tips. Unfortunately I was still running the car in so had to wait quite a long time for the first service. The day after the service, december 5, I drove my car on a freezing cold morning to my local garage in the adjoining village.

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...1&d=1512654091

Here are the two guys, Fred and Mathieu, and me ready with the tools for the job.

Fred, the owner, was happy to let me translate the instructions I’d found on the forum about fitting the sports cat but in fact he didn’t need them. All the same Megabyte kept an eye on the proceedings to make sure the work was done properly.

Fred sawed off the old silencer. In fact he had to take off an extra 2 cms after the photo was taken as the remaining pipe was still too long.
http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...1&d=1512654555

This dangling thingy on the left is the valve controller which was disconnected and tucked inside the trim on the left side in case I need it in future if I end up getting into trouble with my exhaust.

And, after 2 ˝ hours, here it is all finished and looking really neat. The two beautiful Fabspeed clamps on the tips couldn’t be used unfortunately as there wasn’t enough room and the tips would have stuck out too much. I really don’t know if there’s a problem here or whether it’s just the mechanic.

The cold start in the confines of the garage made me a very happy person*indeed ! It was exactly what I wanted*: violently loud*! The 2 mechanics and the secretary were gobsmacked and everyone was laughing. Each mechanic took the car for a quick drive along the road outside while I stood and listened. All I can say is «*brilliant*!*». Now the work was done I had to go to the office. I had a great drive, despite the icy roads and my summer tyres, toggling between sports and comfort and thoroughly enjoying the experience with the windows open. Unfortunately inside the car with windows closed, you don’t hear a great deal but this is no doubt true of all non-convertibles. I’m used to hearing everything in my Lotus Elise so was kind of expecting the same with the M2. I coasted as quietly as possible across the French / Swiss border so as not to get sent back by the Swiss police and drove the remaining 6 kms in Geneva as quietly as possible. So far so good, although I was aware of everybody looking at me as I drove past. On the way home there was a lot of slow moving traffic so I put the car into traction mode. The gurgles I got every time I lifted off the accelerator were pure music to my ears. Probably 5 times louder than with the stock exhaust – a real hoot*! Because of the frozen roads I haven’t yet gone above 5000 rpm but am really very happy with my new system. It’s transformed the car which previously was rather insipid in aural terms. I just have to be extremely careful in Switzerland because they are really fussy about noise and, in the evening when I go home, I’ll seriously need to check there are no police in the vicinity before doing my cold start*!
Attached Images

2011 Lotus Elise SC, 2002 BMW 330d, 1990 Caterham Super 7 HPC (sold), 1985 Porsche 911 Carrera SC (sold), 1978 Caterham Super 7 (sold), 1972 Triumph TR6 (sold), 1972 Jensen Healey (sold), 1965 Triumph TR4A (sold)
Appreciate 3
gtaM2390.50
Zabi59.50
///Cardia299.50
      12-08-2017, 02:56 AM   #409
Corinne
Captain
France
Rep

Here's the video of my Fabspeed set up.
Appreciate 2
QM287.00
      12-08-2017, 03:52 AM   #410
///Cardia
///M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: N55 F87

Ciao Corinne, Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 05:56 AM   #411
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yes I know. Followed your car on Babybmw.
On my M135i I had catless, no midsilencer and custom exhaust with bypass.
But MPE on M2 is something else. I'm a little afraid of being to raspy combined with catless.
Alexx - I know yr mlite well too ! How are you finding the m2 after yr “fettled” m135i ? BP
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 06:01 AM   #412
AK.Alexx
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Alexx - I know yr mlite well too ! How are you finding the m2 after yr “fettled” m135i ? BP
Car arrived at the dealer. But I'm waiting till January 4th to registrate my car
Mperformance exhaust with carbon endtips, carbon spoiler, carbon diffusor, black kidney, black side grill, gloss black mirrorcaps and frontlip from lightweight will be fitted

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 07:43 AM   #413
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Car arrived at the dealer. But I'm waiting till January 4th to registrate my car
Mperformance exhaust with carbon endtips, carbon spoiler, carbon diffusor, black kidney, black side grill, gloss black mirrorcaps and frontlip from lightweight will be fitted

Nice.

Got a gift of a Black Friday deal on MP coilovers supply and fit by BMW so will these fitted ahead of the spring next year !
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 07:45 AM   #414
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Sounds very healthy !
Appreciate 1
Corinne1171.00
      12-08-2017, 09:10 AM   #415
Daleb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
OK - will update once installed. TBH I hope F'speed adds more character than volume to my car's MPE else it wont past TD pit or drive-by noise tests. No one likes short shifting after all !!!

Like you, I'm not sure I'm going to fit Jb4 - as per m135i - as you hit the limits of OE hardware in anything above map 1 unless you go with meth inj and or fuel system upgrades.

Bagged a 2nd hand unused Dinan Sport Tuner of eBay USA so plan on giving this a try with F'speed DP to hopefully get my M2 up to same level as my M135i Jb2 stg 2 on 98/99 RON in the go-dept.

If Dinan doesn't do it for me then I'll look at BM3 or MHD....
Interested to hear this combination BP. I’ll have a decat with oem system to begin with but I’d like to get the mpe and think it will be to much with decat so sports cat will maybe on the list, hence my interest.

Regarding the jb4 I was in the same boat as you but after having a good conversation with Peter from Pure I think it will be a worth while mod. You can run up to 18psi on 99ron due to the more efficient m2 turbofold which coupled with the usual bolt ons should be nice. Once more info is available on MHD I’ll decide whether to go for BM3 or MHD.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 09:22 AM   #416
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Hey Corinne,
What an awesome write-up. I am glad you are enjoying the new exhaust system so much. Don't get into too much trouble crossing that border!
Appreciate 1
Corinne1171.00
      12-08-2017, 05:48 PM   #417
Aloha Joe
Hanapaa!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 6mt, LBB

Quote:
Awesome Corinne I guess you have no more issues coming out of your driveway now, as everyone can hear you and probably slows down
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 11:05 PM   #418
Corinne
Captain
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Joe View Post
Awesome Corinne I guess you have no more issues coming out of your driveway now, as everyone can hear you and probably slows down
Ha ha ! By the way I found the answer to getting out of the driveway.... slipping the clutch like mad.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread