BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > No Military Orders in Asia Either!

11-08-2015, 02:31 AM   #1
Monkey Punk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

No Military Orders in Asia Either!

Hi Guys....

Saw a post earlier about Europe and confirmed today that no Military Sales for the M2 in Asia as well. To say I am PO'd is an understatement.

In the spirit of sour grapes: Even before my military sales failure for the M2, I was thinking about how much they have hyped the "investment" aspect of the M2 ala the 1M. The 1M was a two year production run and stopped...the only way the M2 would achieve the appreciation of the 1M is if they limited production to a couple of years. So, suck it, M2. Rant complete.

I might have to seriously consider the M3 now. Dammit.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2015, 08:50 AM   #2
Kracken
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 135i DCT M Sport

1M was only produced for 1 year, not 2
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2015, 09:40 PM   #3
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracken View Post
Sorry, but you are absolutely wrong. It was produced in 2011 and 2012.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 03:06 AM   #4
Monkey Punk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
brought in my BAAAAACKKKKUP! Thanks for the save. PSSHHT.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 03:09 AM   #5
sth519
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M135i → M2 → i4

From spring 2011 to summer 2012 as far as I remember. A little more than a year, but not two full years.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 04:24 AM   #6
Monkey Punk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracken View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Punk View Post
brought in my BAAAAACKKKKUP! Thanks for the save. PSSHHT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sth519 View Post
From spring 2011 to summer 2012 as far as I remember. A little more than a year, but not two full years.
Actually we are all kind of right and kind of wrong. Almost two years between Europe and US specifications. Less than one year in US spec alone.
UR91: European-spec (LHD), 03/2011 through 6/2012
UR92: European-spec (RHD), 03/2011 through 6/2012
UR93: North American-spec (LHD), 03/2011 through 12/2011

Regardless, my point still stands....the new M2 will not have the appreciation in value nor the notoriety of the 1M unless they do a limited production. Right now they are limiting initial numbers released to US and 0 to military sales program to inflate demand. Don't give a darn if it ran for 19.5 months or 6.233333.....just saying.
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2015, 05:40 AM   #7
shawshank772
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i and 16 M3

I dont think it has anything to do with limited availability. BMW just doesn't seem to care about the military program any longer. Or there might not be enough profit in it for them. The discount for and E9x M3 was almost 8k. When then f8x m's came out the discount is only around 4k. So the cars price goes up but the discount is cut in half?

And for a fact I know they don't care. Long story short. had 3k deposit with Superior MSP. BMW cut ties with all MSP sales agents besides Asia. I attempt to contact Superior about my deposit. They continued to ignore emails. I contact BMWNA to speak to the Military rep. She says "its not our problem". She could have cared less. Wouldn't send an email to Superior, call them, wouldn't send my email up the chain of command as they say. NADA!.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 08:00 AM   #8
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Actually we are all kind of right and kind of wrong. Almost two years between Europe and US specifications. Less than one year in US spec alone.
UR91: European-spec (LHD), 03/2011 through 6/2012
UR92: European-spec (RHD), 03/2011 through 6/2012
UR93: North American-spec (LHD), 03/2011 through 12/2011

Regardless, my point still stands....the new M2 will not have the appreciation in value nor the notoriety of the 1M unless they do a limited production. Right now they are limiting initial numbers released to US and 0 to military sales program to inflate demand. Don't give a darn if it ran for 19.5 months or 6.233333.....just saying.
I'd like to think I was completely right.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 03:26 PM   #9
Monkey Punk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawshank772 View Post
I dont think it has anything to do with limited availability. BMW just doesn't seem to care about the military program any longer. Or there might not be enough profit in it for them. The discount for and E9x M3 was almost 8k. When then f8x m's came out the discount is only around 4k. So the cars price goes up but the discount is cut in half?

And for a fact I know they don't care. Long story short. had 3k deposit with Superior MSP. BMW cut ties with all MSP sales agents besides Asia. I attempt to contact Superior about my deposit. They continued to ignore emails. I contact BMWNA to speak to the Military rep. She says "its not our problem". She could have cared less. Wouldn't send an email to Superior, call them, wouldn't send my email up the chain of command as they say. NADA!.
Agreed. Was your deposit for the M2? Sorry you are going through this.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 02:07 PM   #10
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Saw a post earlier about Europe and confirmed today that no Military Sales for the M2 in Asia as well. To say I am PO'd is an understatement.
Here's the referenced thread: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1192724
      11-11-2015, 05:57 PM   #11
Monkey Punk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawshank772 View Post

100% agree. Military sales in Germany are now under the auspices of the dealers there. I have heard and assume this is because they were missing out on Soldiers based there returning from deployments with pockets full of bonus + combat pay and lobbied BMW about it. My Sales Rep here in Japan is furious about the 0 M2 sales. But as he reminded me, Superior Motorsports MSP is an independent company with an exclusive relationship with BMW.
Could it be that the reduced presence of US Soldiers in Germany and Europe that BMW mothership has lost sight of how my military members buy?
Oh....an rereading your post, "BMW cut ties with all MSP sales agents"....I think it may have happened here in Asia as well. They just announced BMW will no longer honor stateside delivery after DEC 2016. I take delivery in mid-2017. Since I had an order in with them, they will work out delivery at no extra charge, but cannot deliver to a dealership....still waiting on details, but it looks like port or home address delivery.

Again, sorry you are going through the troubles with MSP there. Any updates?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 03:48 AM   #12
Swadeness
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
I feel your pain guys. The change in direction in the MSP the last few years is worrisome. It's all part of the overall feeling that it's lost it's way. While they've expanded their line and become more profitable they have unnecessarily lost some the substance and character that made them great.

Although I still have faith in the program, the recent departure of Pentagon and Superior motors point to signs of trouble. I don't have any details but I know the situation is more complicated due to some legal issues with customs, taxes etc. Maybe BMW is holding off till that clears up?

Anyways, let's hope BMW changes course. I just don't think I want an M3...maybe it's time to see what Audi or Mercedes has to offer.
      11-13-2015, 05:20 PM   #13
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swadeness View Post
I feel your pain guys. The change in direction in the MSP the last few years is worrisome. It's all part of the overall feeling that it's lost it's way. While they've expanded their line and become more profitable they have unnecessarily lost some the substance and character that made them great...
t's not just Military sales but even European Delivery!! Starting in Jan, 2016 the discount will go from 7% to just 4%. That's telling. We can only blame BMW NA for this... since its all up to the importer of BMW's into the USA. I know that is one reason why MCS are limited... bc its not so uncommon for a Military member to buy a new BMW thru MCS and ship it back to the states... before you even see that very same (rare)model on the local US streets. BMW NA wants is main buyer... it's dealer network to remain happy campers. Meanwhile we are left with MCS scraps.

Dackel
Appreciate 1