BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > M2 Leasing Residual

10-28-2015, 01:29 PM   #23
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
If the residuals are low, it may not be the end of the world. There will be so few of these cars that they may hold value really well. If you did ED and MSDs with a decent out the door price, you might be way ahead at the end of the three years if the car leases really poorly.
Agreed but your payment is still based on the residual, just means most people that leased them will buy the car at the end of the lease and make the money back at that point in time.
Right. It happens with Audi all the time. Most people leasing can walk away from a 36m lease after 24m because of their crappy residuals. Here it's like you're buying without having to commit to ownership with a high likelihood that the car will be worth more than its residual value if you have a clean and low mileage car. If you just want a low monthly payment though it's anyone's guess what bmwfs decides to do here.
      10-28-2015, 04:13 PM   #24
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS_BMW View Post
Yes, I would never put anything down on a lease.

Also ED might be cheaper but it will cost how many thousands to go on the trip. So it kind of defeats getting the car cheaper.
Don't do ED for the price discount, do it for the experience and the memories. The price discount is a bonus. I had such an incredible time doing ED that now it is the only way to buy a new car. And yeah, the discount pays for the trip.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 2
      10-28-2015, 04:20 PM   #25
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWolf View Post
Don't do ED for the price discount, do it for the experience and the memories. The price discount is a bonus. I had such an incredible time doing ED that now it is the only way to buy a new car. And yeah, the discount pays for the trip.
I just went for a week this month on a F80 ED and my credit card will still be hurting from this trip for a while I'd be fine with flying in on a cheap flight, taking delivery spending a day or two and dropping it off.
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2015, 04:25 PM   #26
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Quote:
I just went for a week this month on a F80 ED and my credit card will still be hurting from this trip for a while I'd be fine with flying in, taking delivery spending a day or two and dropping it off.
I didn't spend as much time as I wanted to in Germany because I didn't k ow I would enjoy it so much. My trip was split in Germany for about 5 days and Paris for about 9. I could have organized it better by driving my car to France instead of dropping it off at the port in Germany and then flying to Paris. But it's a lesson learned and I will do better next time.

I heard a lot of people take delivery in Germany just for the discount and drop it off at the port the next day.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 04:56 AM   #27
stuckinoc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Anyone have any idea of what kind of residual the M2 will have? I know the 2015 F80 M3 had a pretty good residual. M2 might be on my map for a 2-3 year lease if the residual is high and the resale is good like the 1M coupe was.
I'm of the belief that the 1M set the bar and has paved the way for the M2. With the sales that occurred along with how the values have held up on the 1M, I would imagine that the M2 should have no issues being offered with reasonable lease offerings to consumers IMO. Fingers crossed!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 08:18 AM   #28
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
I didn't spend as much time as I wanted to in Germany because I didn't k ow I would enjoy it so much. My trip was split in Germany for about 5 days and Paris for about 9. I could have organized it better by driving my car to France instead of dropping it off at the port in Germany and then flying to Paris. But it's a lesson learned and I will do better next time.

I heard a lot of people take delivery in Germany just for the discount and drop it off at the port the next day.
You can take delivery at the Welt and never even drive the car. I think they charge you extra if you do that though.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 10:10 AM   #29
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Anyone have any idea of what kind of residual the M2 will have? I know the 2015 F80 M3 had a pretty good residual. M2 might be on my map for a 2-3 year lease if the residual is high and the resale is good like the 1M coupe was.
I'm of the belief that the 1M set the bar and has paved the way for the M2. With the sales that occurred along with how the values have held up on the 1M, I would imagine that the M2 should have no issues being offered with reasonable lease offerings to consumers IMO. Fingers crossed!
I don't think the M2 residuals will be influenced by the 1M. That was 4 years ago and was a totally different situation (the 1M was introduced as a limited production car to 2700 units globally...although that number changed eventually).

The M2 will likely be more influenced by the M3/M4 financials...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 11:07 AM   #30
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
I don't think the M2 residuals will be influenced by the 1M. That was 4 years ago and was a totally different situation (the 1M was introduced as a limited production car to 2700 units globally...although that number changed eventually).

since you are everything 1M,

Did the 1M get unveiled with the limited production announced at the same time? or was it determined later when it was available for order, that it was only going to be a one year and limited number production?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 11:21 AM   #31
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis///M
Quote:

since you are everything 1M,

Did the 1M get unveiled with the limited production announced at the same time? or was it determined later when it was available for order, that it was only going to be a one year and limited number production?
it was originally told to us that there would be 2700 1Ms total produced worldwide. This was revealed shortly after launch around the time when official pricing was released. Due to insane demand that 2700 ended up being 6309 (worldwide) with 740 to the US.

They also announced around that time that production would end in December 2011 which it did.

Thus far it is believed that the M2 will be in production at least through 2018; and with more options and accessibility of they are saying a total of 10,000 to 15,000 M2: may be built (from what I've been told by some who may know) my guess is at least 20,000 cars will be built if not much more than that!
Appreciate 3
      10-29-2015, 12:47 PM   #32
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
it was originally told to us that there would be 2700 1Ms total produced worldwide. This was revealed shortly after launch around the time when official pricing was released. Due to insane demand that 2700 ended up being 6309 (worldwide) with 740 to the US.

They also announced around that time that production would end in December 2011 which it did.

Thus far it is believed that the M2 will be in production at least through 2018; and with more options and accessibility of they are saying a total of 10,000 to 15,000 M2: may be built (from what I've been told by some who may know) my guess is at least 20,000 cars will be built if not much more than that!
Thanks for that. There's still a lot of rumors going around being how limited this car will be, when there's a pretty good indication that it'll be produced all the way up to 2018.

I'm just waiting for BMW to give the official word and put all those "limited like the 1M" talk to a rest.

You're lucky you got one of the 1Ms. Now the evolution of 1M, the M2 will be out, and this time, people who love this kind of cars can actually get one.
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2015, 09:38 PM   #33
NateDog07V
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15' M235i BSM Auto

What were M3/M4 residuals and MF right when it came out?? I would assume we would see a similar trend with the M2... it will probably be a year before you see 63-65% residual for leases with base .0013 MF... then getting a dealer to agree to it with a limited allocation vehicle will be near impossible...

My expectation early on is 58% residual with .0013 base but most dealers marking up lease rate to .002 at least cause they're greedy... after 6 months, it may climb into low 60's.. just my 3 cents
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2015, 11:56 AM   #34
stuckinoc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E46

Limited allocation? Not sure BMW is in the business to output limited editions over and over.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2015, 12:15 PM   #35
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinoc View Post
Limited allocation? Not sure BMW is in the business to output limited editions over and over.
I think the confusion lies in how everyone interprets the word "limited". It will not be limited. Though you probably won't be able to walk on any lot and find one readily available to buy, nonetheless.