BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > LCI Instrument Cluster Failure

11-18-2017, 08:05 PM   #1
mchoy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB LCI M2

LCI Instrument Cluster Failure

Anyone experience instrument cluster failure in their LCI? Started up my car tonight and noticed the cluster is completely black. Called a local stealership and foreman said there is a software update that addresses this. My turning signals also do not work and I'm sure other functions are also impacted. Apologize if this is a repost as I searched for threads via mobile.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 09:41 PM   #2
///Mē
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchoy View Post
Anyone experience instrument cluster failure in their LCI? Started up my car tonight and noticed the cluster is completely black. Called a local stealership and foreman said there is a software update that addresses this. My turning signals also do not work and I'm sure other functions are also impacted. Apologize if this is a repost as I searched for threads via mobile.
Your foreman is correct, a lot of cars are being held up at port due to this software update, delayed some deliveries up to 3 weeks already.
      11-18-2017, 09:57 PM   #3
mchoy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB LCI M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mē View Post
Your foreman is correct, a lot of cars are being held up at port due to this software update, delayed some deliveries up to 3 weeks already.
Ouch, been swamped at work and haven't been keeping up on the board lately. Is there a reboot process to bandaid this until I can drop it off at the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 09:06 AM   #4
///Mē
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchoy View Post
Ouch, been swamped at work and haven't been keeping up on the board lately. Is there a reboot process to bandaid this until I can drop it off at the dealer?
Haven't read anything about a bandaid fix/reboot process...maybe by letting the car sit a while it would fix itself temporarily but this is purely speculation.
      11-19-2017, 11:11 AM   #5
TXSurfer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

You could try disconnecting battery for 5 to 10 min than trying to start again. This has fixed I Drive issues for me in the past could work for you.
      11-30-2017, 10:10 AM   #6
TampaF87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Took my LCI in for break-in service yesterday and was informed of the reflash fix for this. I wasn't aware it was a problem, but they seem to have a fix for it already. They specifically told me that it was for the cluster "sleeping".
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 04:14 PM   #7
beppeM3+123d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 dct + 123d e81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaF87 View Post
Took my LCI in for break-in service yesterday and was informed of the reflash fix for this. I wasn't aware it was a problem, but they seem to have a fix for it already. They specifically told me that it was for the cluster "sleeping".
Can anyone share the cafd file ok lci kombi? Thank you
Appreciate 0