Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2wolf View Post
You're a star! I've forwarded this info to my dealer. Let's wait and see!

Anyone here planning to get m perf bits fitted?

Maybe do a group buy?
You're welcome. The money I saved on Extended Bluetooth has already disappeared on a Performance Steering Wheel LOL.

I'll be getting the Performance Exhaust fitted - currently resisting the urge to get the carbon diffuser as well...
Which dealer are you using? Are you planning to run the engine in before the mpe?
      11-03-2016, 12:34 PM   #266
M2wolf
Captain
No_Country
Rep

I also have received a similar sort of reply.

'If the vehicle is being produced from November/December 2016, 6CP Apple Car Play can be added to the factory specification. These vehicles do not require 6NW as it will be built with the appropriate hardware to support this function'.

Above email from my dealer. I've asked for CarPlay and to remove the 6NW option.
      11-03-2016, 12:42 PM   #267
PhilL
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2, F15 X5 4.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2wolf View Post
Which dealer are you using? Are you planning to run the engine in before the mpe?
Cooper Croydon are supplying so will see what they can do on the exhaust but will get pricing off a couple of others including Cotswolds as well. No plans to run the engine in first; installed before collection hopefully if the pricing is right.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 02:39 PM   #268
CommitConfirm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: The Bus

Garage List
Gents, I encourage you all to take delivery of your car before dropping £££ on the MPE. At least find a dealer who will let you take one for a test drive first. I thought i wanted the MPE until i took one for a drive and I have to admit I was quite happy with the sound of the stock exhaust.

Personal I found the stock exhaust is loud enough. Much better that the lame M4!!! Also the MPE makes little to no difference to performance so really your paying all that money just to upset your neighbours and for strangers on the street to think you're a prat.

Failing that if you really want an aftermarket exhaust have a look at the Akrapovic. It's a little more money but IMO what you get it worth the extra spend. The MPE is only SS, you will need to buy the tips separately and it's only a single pipe from the cat back. The Akrapovic is Titanium, includes the tips and is dual pipe from the cat back.

Both require a remap before you will see any real benefits. And from what I understand the N55 in the M2 is tuned to within a inch of it's life as is. As a result there are very little gains to be had. Not without effecting reliability and longevity anyway....

Also if you fit either the MPE or the Akrapovic you will need to replace the rear diffuser. Best prices I've found for M-Performance parts is here: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1223549&page=4 Post number 83
Appreciate 3
JustChris17489.00
M2wolf182.50
      11-04-2016, 08:52 AM   #269
M2wolf
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommitConfirm View Post
Gents, I encourage you all to take delivery of your car before dropping £££ on the MPE. At least find a dealer who will let you take one for a test drive first. I thought i wanted the MPE until i took one for a drive and I have to admit I was quite happy with the sound of the stock exhaust.

Personal I found the stock exhaust is loud enough. Much better that the lame M4!!! Also the MPE makes little to no difference to performance so really your paying all that money just to upset your neighbours and for strangers on the street to think you're a prat.

Failing that if you really want an aftermarket exhaust have a look at the Akrapovic. It's a little more money but IMO what you get it worth the extra spend. The MPE is only SS, you will need to buy the tips separately and it's only a single pipe from the cat back. The Akrapovic is Titanium, includes the tips and is dual pipe from the cat back.

Both require a remap before you will see any real benefits. And from what I understand the N55 in the M2 is tuned to within a inch of it's life as is. As a result there are very little gains to be had. Not without effecting reliability and longevity anyway....

Also if you fit either the MPE or the Akrapovic you will need to replace the rear diffuser. Best prices I've found for M-Performance parts is here: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1223549&page=4 Post number 83
Akra exhaust is something like GBP4K+

http://shop.ac-schnitzer.co.uk/akrap...f87-6582-p.asp

Plus could potentially void BMW warranty... but yea, the M2 stock sounds better than the M3/M4. I have the MPe on my M3 (which I'm planning to sell).. and it does look superb with the CF tips.
      11-06-2016, 04:23 PM   #270
CommitConfirm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I never said they where cheap but AFAIK cat back exhausts do not invalidate your warranty

At least that is what my dealer has told me in writing.
Appreciate 1
M2wolf182.50
      11-09-2016, 10:45 AM   #271
spanytom
Rep
Drives: ///M2 - LBB - 6MT

First post on the forum - just a quick hello to say I am picking up my LBB M2 on Friday afternoon having ordered it last November. Ordered with: 6MT; heated seats; through load system; keyless entry; M Performance steering wheel (the half alcantara one without the lights); and 5 year service pack!

Really looking forward to it, test drove a manual M235 before ordering and since ordering have driven the dealer demonstrator M2 (DCT). Been without a car for a couple of months so am suitably excited!
Appreciate 5
      11-09-2016, 03:38 PM   #272
BishUK
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 DCT LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanytom View Post
First post on the forum - just a quick hello to say I am picking up my LBB M2 on Friday afternoon having ordered it last November. Ordered with: 6MT; heated seats; through load system; keyless entry; M Performance steering wheel (the half alcantara one without the lights); and 5 year service pack!

Really looking forward to it, test drove a manual M235 before ordering and since ordering have driven the dealer demonstrator M2 (DCT). Been without a car for a couple of months so am suitably excited!
Welcome to the forum sir! I'm pretty new around here too but great place to hang out. Congrats on your car, I'm picking up my LBB DCT a week on Fri. She actually arrives at dealers tmrw but then she's going straight to detailers for paint protection, ceramic and some carbon additions. I'm in Berkshire area and have never seen LBB in person so am excited to see colour in flesh / had a last second change from BSM to LBB - have also never seen an M2 on the road (apart from the one I test drove) so really excited to be part of a very rare club. Best of luck for Fri and be sure to post your pics and initial thoughts!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2016, 05:06 PM   #273
CommitConfirm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Welcome!! LBB looks great in person so I'm sure you will love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishUK View Post
Welcome to the forum sir! I'm pretty new around here too but great place to hang out. Congrats on your car, I'm picking up my LBB DCT a week on Fri. She actually arrives at dealers tmrw but then she's going straight to detailers for paint protection, ceramic and some carbon additions. I'm in Berkshire area and have never seen LBB in person so am excited to see colour in flesh / had a last second change from BSM to LBB - have also never seen an M2 on the road (apart from the one I test drove) so really excited to be part of a very rare club. Best of luck for Fri and be sure to post your pics and initial thoughts!
My car arrives at the dealer this week, maybe they where on the boat together??? There are at least 3 of us in the Thames Valley area getting our car's this month - you might see another M2 sooner than you think
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 03:15 AM   #274
spanytom
Rep

Thanks for the welcomes guys! Have been lurking for a while to see how people are getting on with their cars and signed up recently now that delivery is nearly upon me...

I have actually seen a couple of M2s in the wild alread: A Grey very shortly after the first cars were delivered - in North Wales; and saw a LBB in a local town to me a couple of weeks ago. My local dealer had an X6M in LBB when I was finalising my spec so I got to see LBB "in the metal" before locking my order down. Also drove the dealer's Black demonstrator so I have seen all the colours in real life - except Alpine White!

I have attached a pic of my car when it arrived on a wet morning at the dealer last week. Also went to see it last Saturday (and to sign the paperwork to get the car registered with my number plate). Pick up tomorrow then off for detailing and front end paint protection film on Monday!

Will post more pics when I finally get my hands on the car!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
JustChris17489.00
      11-10-2016, 07:03 AM   #275
BishUK
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Can't quite tell from the picture, did you get MPSS or Conti's?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 08:12 AM   #276
spanytom
Rep

Quote:
I completely forgot to check when I saw it at the weekend (and had meant to check!) - I have also tried to ascertain from the picture (at full resolution) and can't be certain, but think they are the Michelin PSS.

I will confirm either way when I have collected tomorrow.......
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 08:22 AM   #277
BishUK
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I completely forgot to check when I saw it at the weekend (and had meant to check!) - I have also tried to ascertain from the picture (at full resolution) and can't be certain, but think they are the Michelin PSS.

I will confirm either way when I have collected tomorrow.......
Yeah, if I had to guess I'd say Pilots from the pics, fingers crossed!
I should be getting a similar pic of my car any second now from the dealer - its supposedly on a BMW truck today doing the rounds.
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2016, 09:15 AM   #278
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Looks great Tom...even in the rain!
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #279
BishUK
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Arrived at dealers this afternoon and so pleased I got the pilot sports!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
JustChris17489.00
M2wolf182.50
      11-10-2016, 03:36 PM   #280
MerlinPurple
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB

Running-in service complete!

So lads, after a few weeks of taking it easy, the 1200 running-in service was completed today.

Now I can really enjoy it!

The M2 is such a head turner... even with folk who don't know/care about cars. I loved my E46 M3 but it never held attention like the M2 does.

I love how 'drivable' this car is as a daily - and I agree with the above in that an exhaust upgrade is not mandatory - try out the stock system first, then upgrade if you wish.

Hope all goes well for those picking up their M2s soon - you'll love it!
Appreciate 3
      11-11-2016, 02:02 AM   #281
Corinne
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: M2 2018 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugegall View Post
This time in 7 days I will be going to bed at 8pm ready to wake up to collect my new car!
No you won't. This is, in fact all a dream. You'll wake up on the annointed morning and realise that you're actually getting a Dacia Logan !
2011 Lotus Elise SC, 2002 BMW 330d, 1990 Caterham Super 7 HPC (sold), 1985 Porsche 911 Carrera SC (sold), 1978 Caterham Super 7 (sold), 1972 Triumph TR6 (sold), 1972 Jensen Healey (sold), 1965 Triumph TR4A (sold)
Appreciate 1
      11-11-2016, 02:08 AM   #282
Corinne
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: M2 2018 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
That looks superb in that shot.
So that's what Yorkshire looks like... very pretty. Lovely picture of the car !
2011 Lotus Elise SC, 2002 BMW 330d, 1990 Caterham Super 7 HPC (sold), 1985 Porsche 911 Carrera SC (sold), 1978 Caterham Super 7 (sold), 1972 Triumph TR6 (sold), 1972 Jensen Healey (sold), 1965 Triumph TR4A (sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 08:04 AM   #283
Japper69
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 X-Drive - Skyscraper Gr

Just got confirmation that my build is scheduled for week 17 to arrive at dealer.

Bit later than hoped but they are still only getting two allocations for 2017. The same as this year.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17489.00
      11-11-2016, 10:05 AM   #284
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Maybe ne has arrived

Got my M2 a couple of weeks ago and it seems to be a slightly more modern version of the 1M, loving it so far

Denso
Appreciate 6
      11-11-2016, 11:24 AM   #285
spanytom
Rep

Quick update - picked it up late this afternoon, all looking good and its got the Michelin PSS so good news there! Barely driven it so far, got it home and took a quick snap - rubbish picture as it was almost dark. Very pleased with the M Performance steering wheel, happy all round!

I will post some nicer pics and more detailed thoughts when I have driven it a bit over the weekend.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Denso714.50
JustChris17489.00
      11-11-2016, 12:02 PM   #286
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Quick update - picked it up late this afternoon, all looking good and its got the Michelin PSS so good news there! Barely driven it so far, got it home and took a quick snap - rubbish picture as it was almost dark. Very pleased with the M Performance steering wheel, happy all round!

I will post some nicer pics and more detailed thoughts when I have driven it a bit over the weekend.
Glad that you are liking it so far, did the carbon fibre trim come with your steering wheel, mine is on back order and was fitted without it for now.

Denso
Appreciate 1