BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Coilovers before and after - track review - lap time

11-22-2023, 07:03 AM   #1
GtSport
Rep
Drives: F87N & F30

Coilovers before and after - track review - lap time

Hi all,

I want to start this thread to check what was the difference in lap time before and after suspension upgrade.
I will install new colivers (Intrax 1K2 with Arc and Black Titan) before the next season.
My laptime so far on my local track, Transilvania Motor Ring, is 1:42.9:

I will come back with the new laptime after the installation .
Anyone has some data and willing to share how much laptime was gained after the suspension upgrade?
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2023, 08:13 PM   #2
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
I think something that will increase laptimes more significantly would be the amount of negative camber + type of tyre used.

My laptimes dropped signifcantly after I added camber as the turn in was just so much more direct and responsive and it's a lot better of tyre wear for track use also.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2023, 11:17 PM   #3
GtSport
Rep

Those are already done. I have a lot of track experience to not go unprepared, so before anything else I installed brake cooling ducts, braided brake lines, race brake pads, Castrol SRF, Millway camber plates and Nankang AR1s on ProTrack wheels.

I feel this car needs a better suspension. Before I get it, I wanted to know what other people felt in terms of laptime.

Last edited by GtSport; 11-28-2023 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2023, 02:14 AM   #4
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Don't forget that the optimal tire setup can change with suspension too since a lot of aftermarket suspensions boost the front wheel rate more compared to the rear.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2023, 02:27 AM   #5
GtSport
Rep

FaRKle! That is a very good point man, I’ll probably go with 265/295 staggered setup, so far I had 265/275. I have to experiment more.
I see a lot of people using this setup on the track prepared M2s at the Nurburgring.
I watched all your Youtube videos btw. Thanks for that valuable information. I went with Millway camber plates after your review and loved them. Now I will send them to NL to be attached to the new suspension.

LE: decided to go with Intrax camber plates to not have any issues, but Millway were superb.

Last edited by GtSport; 01-26-2024 at 06:03 AM..
Appreciate 0