BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > BMW M2 LCI to wait or not to wait?

03-06-2017, 06:39 AM   #133
DivideBYZero
Never underestimate the Home-Bowl
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F87 M2<E92 M3<E46 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyinHou View Post
Has there been any suggestion that the M2 will be offered with something similar to the 3/4 Competition package?

And would the engine even be able to squeeze much in the way of performance out of it?
Comp package on the M3/4 should be called the "fix" package.
Appreciate 1
as7920597.00
      03-06-2017, 08:56 AM   #134
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivideBYZero View Post
Comp package on the M3/4 should be called the "fix" package.
Would that not equally apply to the M2?

I personally would be happy with an M2 CP. I'm not looking for anything extreme.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 10:45 AM   #135
quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Jahre M3

Is it just me or does everyone who says they want to wait for this or that version of the M2 not have one and more importantly have never driven one. Even the comment above about not wanting anything extreme but yet wanting to wait for comp pack. The M2 is awesome and doesn't need a comp pack. Then others wanting to wait for the LCI or the CS... seriously guys go drive an M2. it will change your mind. the car is brilliant as is. Enjoy it while its here. by the time the next best thing or next version of the M2 comes out it will be ready for you to trade it in or return your lease.
Appreciate 2
      03-06-2017, 11:02 AM   #136
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikM2 View Post
Is it just me or does everyone who says they want to wait for this or that version of the M2 not have one and more importantly have never driven one. Even the comment above about not wanting anything extreme but yet wanting to wait for comp pack. The M2 is awesome and doesn't need a comp pack. Then others wanting to wait for the LCI or the CS... seriously guys go drive an M2. it will change your mind. the car is brilliant as is. Enjoy it while its here. by the time the next best thing or next version of the M2 comes out it will be ready for you to trade it in or return your lease.
I drove the M2 when it first came out.

Owned a 1M, driven an M3 CP too.

So I know what I want.

M2 as it was, was good but didn't blow me away so I was left disappointed.

I preferred the Focus RS TBH and said so at the time.

Hoping a CP may offer a slight power boost and better looking wheels. Maybe a bit more special too.
Appreciate 3
flyaway140.50
      03-06-2017, 11:23 AM   #137
AndyinHou
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2023 M2 BG O.T.W.

Quote:
Personally, I want to make sure I get the best model I can afford, and avoid frustration or disappointment right around the corner.

This is a huge stretch purchase for me, so I want to make sure I get it right - if that means waiting a couple of months before ordering in case they introduce a CP, then so be it. I'm close enough to the top of my dealerships wait list that I can switch to the first MY18 and grab the first one available if necessary!
Appreciate 4
as7920597.00
ZPrime611.50
      03-06-2017, 11:35 AM   #138
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Own a 1M. I have Driven a stock M2 on track.

I know exactly what I want. That's how I got a 1M and not an 135 !

An M2 CS would have to also come with the M performance coilover from the ZL5 to get me interested. I owned an S14 for 17 years and now have had a 1M six years almost and I don't need an " S " motor designation to recognize when BMW has done work in making a car an M.

Waiting for M2 GTS..
Appreciate 2
1M Tex240.00
jdarwin601.50
      03-06-2017, 11:42 AM   #139
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyinHou View Post
Personally, I want to make sure I get the best model I can afford, and avoid frustration or disappointment right around the corner.

This is a huge stretch purchase for me, so I want to make sure I get it right - if that means waiting a couple of months before ordering in case they introduce a CP, then so be it. I'm close enough to the top of my dealerships wait list that I can switch to the first MY18 and grab the first one available if necessary!
Agree with this too. For me I can only have the one car. Not in the position to have a track car AND a daily driver. So for me it has to be the best performing ROAD car and suitable daily I can have.

So an M2 Competition or maybe CS would suit. CSL or GTS will be out of my price bracket and not what I'm looking for.

I'm looking to purchase in the next 3 months and wouldn't want to get the last run of the pre-LCI. That would p**s me off when I'll be owning it for a good couple or years or more.
Appreciate 2
      03-06-2017, 12:51 PM   #140
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Quote:
Not everyone by any stretch.Your enthusiasm is commendable but not universal.

I owned an M2 for a few months and found it wasn't quite up to my expectations in the engine Dept.No big deal as it's a great car and a nice breath of fresh air,just wanted more,sold it and awaiting the CS.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 01:24 PM   #141
soco352
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 (On Order)

Quote:
While I'll agree with some of this sentiment it isn't necessarily the case for everyone. I got the opportunity to drive one and a "base" M2 is phenomenal, so I put in an order. I'm not sure more power is going to really get you anything but bragging rights. But that's just my opinion.
Appreciate 1
jdarwin601.50
      03-06-2017, 01:33 PM   #142
jdarwin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Convertible BSM DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by soco352 View Post
While I'll agree with some of this sentiment it isn't necessarily the case for everyone. I got the opportunity to drive one and a "base" M2 is phenomenal, so I put in an order. I'm not sure more power is going to really get you anything but bragging rights. But that's just my opinion.
I've waited 30 years to get an M car. With my youngest graduating law school in June, I finally have my chance. I've driven (not owned) M3's, M5's etc., all the way back to 1987. They are all wonderful cars - and still are. I'm beyond excited to pick up my new M2 at PCD in April. No matter what modifications or improvements come in 2018 and beyond, I'll be satisfied with what I have. It took me too long to get here. I may regret the duration of the journey but not the destination.
Appreciate 7
Destroya371.00
as7920597.00
Grey Dove124.50
mssVT98141.50
krizze928.00
M2BSM1789.00
ddk632585.00
      03-06-2017, 01:38 PM   #143
Destroya
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

How many of you who want the M2 CS will pay $75-80K? Since I don't track the car the expected price increase is not worth it to me.
Appreciate 1
jdarwin601.50
      03-06-2017, 01:43 PM   #144
ddnmkun
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87, G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
I'm looking to purchase in the next 3 months and wouldn't want to get the last run of the pre-LCI. That would p**s me off when I'll be owning it for a good couple or years or more.
Not sure about the UK market, but if you are still 'looking' to purchase in the next 3 months, its unlikely you can get a pre LCI car anyway.

ordered Aug 2016, was just told its my turn for a Jun 17 built, turn them down right away and request a July build or whatever the first month LCI, not sure exactly whats the different but I guess the newer the better in most case.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 01:56 PM   #145
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnmkun View Post
Not sure about the UK market, but if you are still 'looking' to purchase in the next 3 months, its unlikely you can get a pre LCI car anyway.

ordered Aug 2016, was just told its my turn for a Jun 17 built, turn them down right away and request a July build or whatever the first month LCI, not sure exactly whats the different but I guess the newer the better in most case.
I know pretty much full well the LCI will be a July build onwards, I'm a 1 addict (and 2 addict) through and through. I've been a member for 11 years and a lurker for years before that.

Perhaps I should have said my current car lease ends in June so I have to make a decision soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 01:58 PM   #146
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

So when will the official release of the M2 LCI happen?

4 months away till BMW starts producing these.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 02:24 PM   #147
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
So when will the official release of the M2 LCI happen?

4 months away till BMW starts producing these.
http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...99&postcount=1

Official BMW Press Releases for Summer upgrade measures are usually released mid May. But LCI may get their own release.

Last edited by as7920; 03-06-2017 at 02:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 03:37 PM   #148
ddnmkun
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87, G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
I know pretty much full well the LCI will be a July build onwards, I'm a 1 addict (and 2 addict) through and through. I've been a member for 11 years and a lurker for years before that.

Perhaps I should have said my current car lease ends in June so I have to make a decision soon.
Nice backgorund of yourself but what I meant was i am surprise that at this moment you can still have the privilege to decide getting a pre LCI car if you didn't have anything pre-arranged with your dealership, at least really hard in the US.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 04:05 PM   #149
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 -Skoda Octavia VRS

considering i started this thread, i didn't choose to wait and my BSM M2 has just arrived, i couldn't be happier nearly shed a tear its a dream come true.

all this talk about a CS or a GTS, its probably going to cost north of 75,000 euros if they make either one ( probably limited to a certain number of Units ) and in countries like the Holland due to heavy car tax it will cost even more. To be frank if had 75,000 euros i'd be trying to find a second hand 991 for that money, i don't think i could justify spending that on an M2 CS or GTS whatever it may or may not be.
Appreciate 1
SoCalRob281.00
      03-06-2017, 04:08 PM   #150
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnmkun View Post
Nice backgorund of yourself but what I meant was i am surprise that at this moment you can still have the privilege to decide getting a pre LCI car if you didn't have anything pre-arranged with your dealership, at least really hard in the US.
I'm not sure the situation is as bad over here in the UK as the US.

I've been offered pre-LCI cars on several occasions and turned them down.

However, a lot depends on the dealers, even here.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 06:01 PM   #151
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

I'd wait...

Believing a dealer...

The engine is not an after thought.

M2 will also get the LCI treatment just as expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krizze View Post
i just got off the phone to my dealer, and said on his list there are no updates for the M2 this year, only the 2 series will receive an LCI, even when i asked him over and over he said he highly doubts this as there will only be the CS if anything.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 12:20 AM   #152
ej25lol
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
Believing a dealer...

The engine is not an after thought.

M2 will also get the LCI treatment just as expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krizze View Post
i just got off the phone to my dealer, and said on his list there are no updates for the M2 this year, only the 2 series will receive an LCI, even when i asked him over and over he said he highly doubts this as there will only be the CS if anything.
Do you have source? Or is this just an educated guess?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 06:39 AM   #153
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB 6MT M2

Quote:
I don't really get waiting for 1/2 a year (or a good chunk of a driving season for those of us in the wintry north) for new tail lights and potentially headlights. Especially since the consensus is that the LCI is only such minor cosmetic changes. But to some that always want the newest thing, that can be important, and it is their money after all... and they will be paying more for it, with the mid-year price bump and the coming LCI MY price bump.

I can see the desire for the CS... bragging rights mostly, maybe some with track ambitions, and some that like to be higher in the stoplight competition pecking order. ZCP is just another (milder) version of this. But again, it will come with a high price tag (likely $75K+ for the CS).

Then there are those just looking for an excuse to not have pulled the trigger yet. Or those who are just patrolling this forum to make sure M2ers don't get the idea our car is better than theirs

I agree with you. The M2 is perfect for my needs - awesome driver's car, sexy to look at (but in a masculine way!) and intoxicating to listen to. To top it all off, my MY2017 was a sick bargain for what you get.

But the OP's question is pretty much moot at this point. If you have not pulled the trigger yet and ordered, and MY2018 is the LCI as expected, that is what you will be getting.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 06:40 AM   #154
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroya View Post
How many of you who want the M2 CS will pay $75-80K? Since I don't track the car the expected price increase is not worth it to me.
i would consider up to 75k depending on what upgrades are done. not interested in the standard M2.

for me

-needs to be 75+ pounds lighter (firmly into 33xx range)
-needs better seats, at least the M3/4 seats
-needs either bigger turbo or s55
-needs to be 6mt
-needs wider wheels and tires
-may need CF roof, depending
-needs more aggressive suspension, perhaps M coilover setup

to name a few things. if not, i will get a 991s. i am trying to get a 991.2 gt3 allocation, so if i get that i will drop out of my CS slot