BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Hail Mary allocation request! (edit: Scored a 112 on June4 and delivery on Aug20)

06-02-2021, 06:28 AM   #23
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriz View Post
This is a wonderful car community. It's the reason I found my allocation! OP any updates????
I agree...wonderful car community with passionate car folks. No attitude or ego either, which is so great.
Appreciate 1
imOFP210.50
      06-02-2021, 10:43 PM   #24
imOFP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2c, '23 Bronco Raptor

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by phriz View Post
This is a wonderful car community. It's the reason I found my allocation! OP any updates????
No update. Well, no car. The update is there is very limited availability and near-zero allocations. Finding one has proven to be challenging.

I found one in VA, but it went 150 on Monday while waiting on CA to provide next-steps after I submit my build. The spec is no bueno though since its 6MT and wife requests DCT. No biggie.

I am currently trying to work a second CA, but because I am out of state I am low-priority it seems. They told me today the car is 112, which is good! I submit my change requests (Color, add DCT, add sunroof) via email to the Internet Manager and asked for deposit info. Haven't heard back yet. Fingers crossed! The build sheet provided confuses me though because it states on the sheet it that the car is "Customer Sold", so it has me thinking this car is not actually available. We'll see tomorrow when I phone.

I am not even haggling with price I just want the car. MSRP works for me, and I am willing to fly anywhere in the US to accept delivery. Admittedly, I prefer not to ship post-acceptance (which is why I did not reach out to the NJ dealers after the VA car went 150), but I think I will look more into that tomorrow.

I also did not reach out to the BG, KY dealer as a $10k ADM is ridiculous - for $10k in ADM, I'd rather wait for the G87 and dump 10k extra into that build.

As others have said and I have expressed in private via several people trying to help via PM - this community is great and significantly more enjoyable to be around and associate with than many of the offroading groups I have been a part of for the past decade. A lot of help, insight, and support from all.

Thanks!
Appreciate 2
Foggins1334.50
      06-02-2021, 11:26 PM   #25
Capt Canuck
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: EX. '21 BMW M2C

If you haven't already - but likely have - reach out to BMW of Mountain View and BMW of Fremont, as they are both large volume dealers with a bunch of M2 Comps in transit (looks to be a good dozen or so between them)

The odds are 99% they are already sold, but you could luck out and pick up a car where the buyer bailed. I almost had one in Socal that way before ending up with mine out of BMW of Monterey.

If the missus could be convinced a manual is the way to go, there is a quality used option in SF. HS with CF mirrors and CF spoiler is just about the perfect look for the M2 as well
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto...329245564.html

Actually stuff that, here's one with DCT for you just down the road... in the best colour surely and they didn't even drill the bumper ;-)
https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/c...324857809.html

Last edited by Capt Canuck; 06-02-2021 at 11:34 PM..
Appreciate 1
imOFP210.50
      06-02-2021, 11:56 PM   #26
EtotheD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Canuck View Post
Actually stuff that, here's one with DCT for you just down the road... in the best colour surely and they didn't even drill the bumper ;-)
LBB with orange stitching, haven't seen that very often. Cool combo.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 01:22 AM   #27
imOFP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If you haven't already - but likely have - reach out to BMW of Mountain View and BMW of Fremont, as they are both large volume dealers with a bunch of M2 Comps in transit (looks to be a good dozen or so between them)

The odds are 99% they are already sold, but you could luck out and pick up a car where the buyer bailed. I almost had one in Socal that way before ending up with mine out of BMW of Monterey.

If the missus could be convinced a manual is the way to go, there is a quality used option in SF. HS with CF mirrors and CF spoiler is just about the perfect look for the M2 as well
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto...329245564.html

I have asks out to Mt.View and Fremont for customer backouts! Both dealers were very accepting of taking my info in the event a customer has a change of heart. Very pleasant.

As for the M2c @ Jag in Bellevue - We have actually discussed getting it. We are torn on the mixed interior/paint, LBB is a top choice, but the orange int isnt our jam with LBB; however, we arent so sure of the service. Maybe we are nitpicking and please tell me if that is the case but the service record/carfax shows a single oil change @ ~9k. I have typically serviced most of my sportier cars at 3k.

I think I will try through June to go new, and then look back at low-mile used. My local CA (BMW Bellevue) has some incoming, along with BMW Seattle where like California, I am hoping for a customer goes to pick it up, sees a G8x and changes their mind.

edit: fixed carfax link.

Last edited by imOFP; 06-03-2021 at 01:54 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2021, 09:16 AM   #28
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by imOFP View Post
I have asks out to Mt.View and Fremont for customer backouts! Both dealers were very accepting of taking my info in the event a customer has a change of heart. Very pleasant.

As for the M2c @ Jag in Bellevue - We have actually discussed getting it. We are torn on the mixed interior/paint, LBB is a top choice, but the orange int isnt our jam with LBB; however, we arent so sure of the service. Maybe we are nitpicking and please tell me if that is the case but the service record/carfax shows a single oil change @ ~9k. I have typically serviced most of my sportier cars at 3k.

I think I will try through June to go new, and then look back at low-mile used. My local CA (BMW Bellevue) has some incoming, along with BMW Seattle where like California, I am hoping for a customer goes to pick it up, sees a G8x and changes their mind.

There is absolutely no need to do 3k oil changes on these cars unless tracked regularly.
However, the 1200 service (should be showing on Carfax) is a must, I believe BMW may void the warranty if skipped

LBB is a great color, however, I have no regrets getting the BSM instead. I think all available colors look great on this car. LBB was my first choice, did not even consider the BSM. But every time I look at it, I am impressed.
Appreciate 1
imOFP210.50
      06-03-2021, 09:45 AM   #29
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M2C View Post
However, the 1200 service (should be showing on Carfax) is a must, I believe BMW may void the warranty if skipped
Well they will not CPO a car if the 1200 service is not done by 1500 miles.
(All BMWs use to require 1200 mile service, but it changed to just M models when BMW started providing free maintenance to all models).

OP - I also would not like LBB and Orange interior, but would consider it if I couldn't find an allocation.
Appreciate 1
imOFP210.50
      06-03-2021, 10:42 AM   #30
Capt Canuck
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: EX. '21 BMW M2C

Quote:

Ya I'm a boring blue, grey, green person and did think the orange vs the LBB was a bit odd, but if needs must and at least the stitching is subtle unlike some of the awful Cayman interiors I've seen. Shame about the service history, who skips the 1200 service?

Not sure if you've stumbled upon it via a thread here, but kilter.com is this beta-quality site that indexes new BMW listings across the US and was something a lot of us used as an aggregator when scouring the web for M2Cs. Just incase you've not had enough searching yet :-)
Appreciate 1
imOFP210.50
      06-03-2021, 11:03 AM   #31
imOFP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ya I'm a boring blue, grey, green person and did think the orange vs the LBB was a bit odd, but if needs must and at least the stitching is subtle unlike some of the awful Cayman interiors I've seen. Shame about the service history, who skips the 1200 service?

Not sure if you've stumbled upon it via a thread here, but kilter.com is this beta-quality site that indexes new BMW listings across the US and was something a lot of us used as an aggregator when scouring the web for M2Cs. Just incase you've not had enough searching yet :-)
Kilter!

Thank you! I indeed stumbled across it here last week and lost the site and couldn't remember where I found it or what the link was. I thought I had imagined it. Thank you!
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2021, 03:24 AM   #32
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Quote:

They had the service at 1350 miles according to the car fax.
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2021, 06:43 AM   #33
Mr_UNO
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C_HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M2C View Post
Quote:
I had a CA tell me they would not ship and would not allow for an off the lot delivery, I must take delivery at their dealership. No issues with that, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't anxious about a cross country third-party shipper handling a new car after I fly out to take delivery. I have only shipped a car once before and while it was a net positive experience, the car also wasn't a new sporty "fun" car asking to be abused.

Thanks for your help and info!
I picked up mine in DC and drove it to Dallas. Was an awesome drive and right in time for the break-in service (1400 miles).
I picked up mine in CA and drove it to Dallas. Had break-in service in El Paso. Good times!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 05:17 PM   #34
imOFP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Update!

After a long search.... I think I got one. I placed a non-refundable deposit just a little bit ago. I asked to make some changes to their incoming 112 status car and they said with a non-refundable deposit I could have the car and make the changes I wanted. Works for me!

Sunset Orange, orange stitch, DCT, black 788s, carbon trim, exec pkg, mperf exhaust. Priced at MSRP, didnt even bother to argue over price, which I am happy with considering current inventory and allocation status. Pleased there was no ADM to knock down.

For anyone else looking some other dealerships I have information from as of today with vehicles are listed below:
Bowling Green BMW - 1 car in 150 status, not sold. There are rumors swirling about an ADM on this car... If you are looking I suggest you call and talk to them about their best price. We'll just say that I hate ADM but I almost bought this car. Your mileage may vary though.

BMW Sterling - 1 car in 150 status, not sold.

BMW Alexandria - 1 car in 150 status, not sold.

Thank you to all who helped!
Appreciate 6
Foggins1334.50
smknjoe234.00
akkando5864.50
phriz335.00
      06-04-2021, 05:33 PM   #35
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Update!

After a long search.... I think I got one. I placed a non-refundable deposit just a little bit ago. I asked to make some changes to their incoming 112 status car and they said with a non-refundable deposit I could have the car and make the changes I wanted. Works for me!

Sunset Orange, orange stitch, DCT, black 788s, carbon trim, exec pkg, mperf exhaust. Priced at MSRP, didnt even bother to argue over price, which I am happy with considering current inventory and allocation status. Pleased there was no ADM to knock down.

For anyone else looking some other dealerships I have information from as of today with vehicles are listed below:
Bowling Green BMW - 1 car in 150 status, not sold. There are rumors swirling about an ADM on this car... If you are looking I suggest you call and talk to them about their best price. We'll just say that I hate ADM but I almost bought this car. Your mileage may vary though.

Good Job!!! #KeepPounding
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
imOFP210.50
      06-04-2021, 06:47 PM   #36
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Update!

Awesome - congrats!

Here's the quote I received from classic that immediately turned me off. MSRP for what I was looking for is 60k
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
imOFP210.50
SCCThree822.00
      06-04-2021, 08:02 PM   #37
Yak
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Update!

Whoot whoot! Congrats! I got mine three days ago and I’am so happy I did.
Appreciate 1
imOFP210.50
      06-04-2021, 08:18 PM   #38
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep

Quote:
No update. Well, no car. The update is there is very limited availability and near-zero allocations. Finding one has proven to be challenging.

I found one in VA, but it went 150 on Monday while waiting on CA to provide next-steps after I submit my build. The spec is no bueno though since its 6MT and wife requests DCT. No biggie.

I am currently trying to work a second CA, but because I am out of state I am low-priority it seems. They told me today the car is 112, which is good! I submit my change requests (Color, add DCT, add sunroof) via email to the Internet Manager and asked for deposit info. Haven't heard back yet. Fingers crossed! The build sheet provided confuses me though because it states on the sheet it that the car is "Customer Sold", so it has me thinking this car is not actually available. We'll see tomorrow when I phone.

I am not even haggling with price I just want the car. MSRP works for me, and I am willing to fly anywhere in the US to accept delivery. Admittedly, I prefer not to ship post-acceptance (which is why I did not reach out to the NJ dealers after the VA car went 150), but I think I will look more into that tomorrow.

I also did not reach out to the BG, KY dealer as a $10k ADM is ridiculous - for $10k in ADM, I'd rather wait for the G87 and dump 10k extra into that build.

As others have said and I have expressed in private via several people trying to help via PM - this community is great and significantly more enjoyable to be around and associate with than many of the offroading groups I have been a part of for the past decade. A lot of help, insight, and support from all.

Thanks!
Good luck man, I like the perseverance
Appreciate 1
imOFP210.50
      06-04-2021, 09:51 PM   #39
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Update!

What a rush
Appreciate 1
imOFP210.50
      06-04-2021, 11:09 PM   #40
Slow_M3
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW M3

Quote:
Yeah I have an ask out to BMW Bellevue, and a couple dealers in Cali. to ping me if anyone doesn't collect on delivery in hopes I can get get in. I've also been shopping used low-mileage with service records but they seem to sell day 0. BMW Seattle is in the same boat. No stock and incoming cars are spoken for. Last year has been busy and we are paying the price for not being as proactive about buying earlier in the process. If we can't locate one I'm thinking about the G87 after the refresh.

Fingers crossed!
I grabbed the last 6spd from Bellevue. I spent days looking for one and sure enough they had it.
Appreciate 2
imOFP210.50
      06-05-2021, 05:56 AM   #41
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak View Post
Whoot whoot! Congrats! I got mine three days ago and I’am so happy I did.
Congrats on picking it up recently. What are your thoughts so far?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 03:11 PM   #42
imOFP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
What a rush
My life is pretty boring, so this was quite an adventure for me. 🤣
I spent so much time looking and browsing that I don't know what to do with this new "free time".... Just kidding. I am already parts shopping. 🤦*♂️
      06-05-2021, 03:12 PM   #43
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
What a rush
My life is pretty boring, so this was quite an adventure for me. 🤣
I spent so much time looking and browsing that I don't know what to do with this new "free time".... Just kidding. I am already parts shopping. 🤦*♂️
It's a sickness. And I'm doing the same.
Appreciate 1
imOFP210.50
      06-05-2021, 04:33 PM   #44
Yak
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggins View Post
Congrats on picking it up recently. What are your thoughts so far?
Thanks! I’ve only driven it a little bit because I am bringing it in for paint protection on Monday. I’am coming from a m240i, manual with the added bmw differential. The MC2 feels sooo next level. I can tell the M2C will be absolutely addictive to drive.

Last edited by Yak; 06-05-2021 at 05:46 PM..
Appreciate 2
Foggins1334.50