BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Aussie deliveries?

06-21-2016, 09:11 PM   #309
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboadam View Post
So to all Aussies who have taken delivery, did you get the first day of the BMW advanced driving course free from BMW with your car?

I.e I am under the impression that it is included free by BMW Australia with all M models. Am I correct?
Nope, i haven't received anything as yet inviting me to any free advanced driving course.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 10:37 PM   #310
Fab_R
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 / Audi S3 8V Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Nope, i haven't received anything as yet inviting me to any free advanced driving course.
it will come
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 12:18 AM   #311
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 ///M3

Just got a call saying my build slot has been pushed back month....VERY ANNOYED.

Has this happened to anyone else? Apparently BMW have reshuffled build slots and adjusted allocations....as I always am, but sceptical it's BS...but I do have a good relationship with the Dealer...

Anyone else has similar news?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 01:07 AM   #312
roniiich
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DECVING
Just got a call saying my build slot has been pushed back month....VERY ANNOYED.

Has this happened to anyone else? Apparently BMW have reshuffled build slots and adjusted allocations....as I always am, but sceptical it's BS...but I do have a good relationship with the Dealer...

My M2 was sitting at the factory for 1.5 months after production before being shipped. There were cars that were built way after mine and were shipped earlier.

Last edited by roniiich; 06-24-2016 at 01:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 02:22 AM   #313
koastal
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by roniiich View Post
My M2 was sitting at the factory for 1.5 months after production before being shipped. There were cars that were built way after mine and were shipped earlier.
Thats a shit !!
Would hurt less if you didnt know that.

Just turned over 8000ks in mine. I should stop driving it for a while
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 03:14 AM   #314
TGDavey
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 - AW --> SUNROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by koastal View Post
Thats a shit !!

Had mine since end of April and put on 1900klm. Although 800klm of that mileage was to drive it home from pick up at the showroom.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 03:29 AM   #315
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DECVING View Post

That's a real bummer mate, i was under the impression that with Australia getting the 100 or so additional allocations it would of sped up deliveries slightly not put them back..

Quote:
Wow, you are still waiting...is it at least on a ship now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by koastal View Post
Thats a shit !!

Holy cow, i really need to drive mine more, i haven't even done 400kms as yet lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 03:47 AM   #316
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGDavey View Post
Had mine since end of April and put on 1900klm. Although 800klm of that mileage was to drive it home from pick up at the showroom.
Any mods yet TG?

A pic of mine from a recent photo shoot with a mates E46 M3.

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 05:07 AM   #317
koastal
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Holy cow, i really need to drive mine more, i haven't even done 400kms as yet lol.
Maaate fix that up !

Thats like having a supermodel girlfriend and not rooting her.

Even worse saving her for her next boyfriend
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 09:27 AM   #318
Thevintage
Private
Rep
Drives: 1998 840ci

Quote:

Yes same here,was expecting late Oct,now late Nov,been buying mods already,will have a garage full at this rate 😊
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 01:52 AM   #319
roniiich
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2

Quote:
That's a real bummer mate, i was under the impression that with Australia getting the 100 or so additional allocations it would of sped up deliveries slightly not put them back..

Wow, you are still waiting...is it at least on a ship now?

Yes, it's finally on the ship. Will be in Aus in August.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 07:00 AM   #320
Cpdbeemer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i & X6 5.0

Quote:
I received a pack in the mail about a month after taking delivery of the m235i. No driving course. I called BMW, 'yes all M cars are entitled to it', they gave me a number to redeem for the course. Since then also received an email a few months ago with a further driving course offer.

I am not sure what happens when I take delivery of the M2 (Oct build, late Dec delivery) - double up and get two courses?
      06-25-2016, 02:23 PM   #321
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by roniiich
Quote:
Originally Posted by DECVING

Wow,did you get to find out why? That's so off?
      06-25-2016, 10:34 PM   #322
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thevintage View Post
Yes same here,was expecting late Oct,now late Nov,been buying mods already,will have a garage full at this rate 😊
OK, this is sorta good to hear - cause let's be honest, you get suspicious with dealers! I've got a good relationship with mine though so was relatively sure it was legit.

It's sort of my own fault, I put my name down on the pre-order list, then dragged my feet / umm and ahhh'd for too long, and as a result got a July build, which is now August. Better not change again! Sold my car already and the Toyota Corolla hire car is getting unbearable..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 10:42 PM   #323
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I would have been sooooo angry at that. Damn. But by the sounds you'll have it soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 11:10 PM   #324
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thevintage View Post
What mods have you bought so far??
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 04:15 AM   #325
Thevintage
Private
Rep
Drives: 1998 840ci

Quote:
What mods have you bought so far??
Got a package from IND the other day,M Performance kidneys,side gills with LBB replacing original chrome piece,LBB coloured replacements for rear bar reflectors,about to order H&R springs from Germany about $450,in Europe at the monument placed order with UK BMW dealer for some M parts bringing home in luggage.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 05:20 AM   #326
Dave-A
Serial Car Buyer
Australia
Rep
Drives: E82 1 Series M and E90 M3

She's here and she's glorious.

Had a good run in her today and loved it- very different to my old E92 M3- I'd go as far to say it's more fun, but I need a few more drives to give a better verdict.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-26-2016, 05:31 AM   #327
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-A
She's here and she's glorious.

Had a good run in her today and loved it- very different to my old E92 M3- I'd go as far to say it's more fun, but a I need a few more drives to give a better verdict.
Nice! Enjoy.
      06-27-2016, 02:24 AM   #328
TGDavey
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 - AW --> SUNROOF

Quote:
Any mods yet TG?

A pic of mine from a recent photo shoot with a mates E46 M3.

No mods yet Prod. Would like to get my hands on the black kidney grills but don't know where to order them from in Australia.

What polish do you use. You car looks so glossy.

I set up my Idrive system on the BMW site so I can receive Emails but it annoys me that it can only be done while the car is still.

Love driving it up the main drag in Sport+ mode and changing down gears with the paddles to hear the explosive throttle blip which echoes around the street.

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 06:37 AM   #329
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGDavey View Post
No mods yet Prod. Would like to get my hands on the black kidney grills but don't know where to order them from in Australia.

What polish do you use. You car looks so glossy.

I set up my Idrive system on the BMW site so I can receive Emails but it annoys me that it can only be done while the car is still.
Just buy the kidney grilles from your local bmw dealership.

I had Opti-coat Pro + applied to the paint work, makes it easier to clean and gives it that nice glossy look.

I guess it's a safety issue, I'm finding even if I'm stationary though at lights it still won't let me read text messages for some reason, does the car have to be off?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 12:58 AM   #330
Giuseppe002
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Hey Prodigy and TG with the messages pretty sure the car hast to be in neutral or park to read messages out.
Well it's been about 2 weeks since I picked the car up and am still nursing it through the painful first 2000 kms trying to vary loads and rpms etc but I can feel the engine getting smoother so I'm now up to 550kms . So far the car has exceeded my expectations by far, I was looking for a car that was as fun to drive as the E92 M3 but also with a little more torque than the E92 to get out of corners (or spinning wheels up) that tiny bit faster. The M2 is such a fun car to drive it is one of those cars that really does have a sense of occasion when you drive it, you know whenever you get behind the wheel its going to be a a great drive because the M2 feels agile and playful. That's not to say its perfect my only gripes are the seating position is a little high for my taste, the lack of an oil temperature gauge and it's not really a gripe but the steering is not as telegraphic as an E92 M3 but that being said it's like saying that a boxer is like floyd when you want Ali. So it ain't bad but when the last M3 was so good it's hard to take. But I will say it's miles better than steering in the F80 M3 as I have spent a bit of time in an F80 before getting the M2. The F80 M3 feels like driving a missile it like hang on and try keep it straight, whereas the M2 will allow you to play with it and change line in that corner its never intimidating in the way the F80 M3 is. So the M2 has really delivered what I wanted in a car, I wanted a car that was useable and drivable and never felt like it wanted to kill me a car where you did more than just light the wick and hang on.
These are my thoughts so far and I am learning more about how this car everyday but I think I am going to have to reserve final judgement until I get the car out on track. I have joined the BMW drivers club of NSW and as soon as I get through my 2000kms I will start doing some of their events so I'm really looking forward to that.
Appreciate 3