BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Aftermarket Exhaust Hanging Low

08-21-2023, 12:04 PM   #1
CTBlackM2
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Aftermarket Exhaust Hanging Low

Hello

I have a 2017 M2 which I just installed some aftermarket exhaust parts on. It was stock prior to this and I installed a Resonator Delete Kit and a Fabspeed Muffler Delete. At first I only installed just the muffler delete and my right exhaust tip was hanging low as seen in the picture below. After installing the resonator delete, I was hoping the issue would be fixed; however, it remained the same. I cut at the correct places when installing it. I’m not sure if this is just bad installation on my part or bad production. Does anyone have any experience with this or know how to improve the fitment? It just looks awful and is frustrating. Thanks!

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 02:42 PM   #2
F87Tomei
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.29]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTBlackM2 View Post
Hello

I have a 2017 M2 which I just installed some aftermarket exhaust parts on. It was stock prior to this and I installed a Resonator Delete Kit and a Fabspeed Muffler Delete. At first I only installed just the muffler delete and my right exhaust tip was hanging low as seen in the picture below. After installing the resonator delete, I was hoping the issue would be fixed; however, it remained the same. I cut at the correct places when installing it. I’m not sure if this is just bad installation on my part or bad production. Does anyone have any experience with this or know how to improve the fitment? It just looks awful and is frustrating. Thanks!

View post on imgur.com
Yea same thing happened to me with my Dinan. I just wrapped hose clamps where my exhaust hangers sit and tightened those puppies like there was no tomorrow. Did it maybe 2 years ago and still going strong lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 07:39 PM   #3
CB2001
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 (2017)

I had the same issue with my Dinan setup. It's still not perfect, but good enough for me. I bought aftermarket hangers that were a bit shorter hanger hole to hanger hole and it helped a bit. I was worried they would dry rot / drop my muffler, but 1.5 years in and going strong. They don't come in pairs if I remember correctly, order 2 if you go this route.

https://www.amazon.com/Torque-Soluti...s%2C100&sr=8-2
Appreciate 0