BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > BMW M2 LCI to wait or not to wait?

05-03-2017, 02:24 AM   #397
Aerosoul Bastard
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2018 BMW X1  [10.00]
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lowman View Post
When you say "ordered", do you mean you put down a deposit? I've have a deposit down. I spec'd a MY2016 at the time so it went on the system. They said nothing else will happen until it's available at which time I will go back and spec it again.
they put down an order at the garage (official bmw representative in germany) and I've paid the car. they told me, the configuration is based on the current model and could change a bit and if it will, they contact me about the specific adjustments. they told me also about the possible higher pricetag, but they said – and I have that in writing – the difference (and it will be small so they said…) will be paid by the garage.

production of the LCI models starting in july, delivery should be at least this year. it is true about the missing fact and price sheets, yet they told me a lot about the changes like led lights in front and back, other interior trims and a bit more power. of course I don't know if all of that actually apply to the final product. we will see.
Appreciate 1
Moris3.00
      05-03-2017, 02:27 AM   #398
StefanV
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI LBB DCT

Stupid one... July like 1st of July? I could try the same trick to place the car on order and to request a July production date but I need to make sure when the LCI starts from for sure
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 02:39 AM   #399
Lieutenant Biscuits
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Allegro Vanden Plas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosoul Bastard View Post
they put down an order at the garage (official bmw representative in germany) and I've paid the car. they told me, the configuration is based on the current model and could change a bit and if it will, they contact me about the specific adjustments. they told me also about the possible higher pricetag, but they said – and I have that in writing – the difference (and it will be small so they said…) will be paid by the garage.

production of the LCI models starting in july, delivery should be at least this year. it is true about the missing fact and price sheets, yet they told me a lot about the changes like led lights in front and back, other interior trims and a bit more power. of course I don't know if all of that actually apply to the final product. we will see.
Things really are better in Switzerland. No wonder my Spanish colleague wants to move there. I like the sound of a little bit more power
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 02:53 AM   #400
swoosh_SE
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M2 (6MT AW)

Quote:

+1 from Sweden. I'm in the same boat. Just hoping the car will get here before the snow...
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 05:46 AM   #401
Darekme
Enlisted Member
Poland
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

In Poland I will have to cover the difference in price however they promissed the car on September the latest.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 05:50 AM   #402
Benef1cient
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 LCI 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darekme View Post
In Poland I will have to cover the difference in price however they promissed the car on September the latest.
Bawaria Motors Warsaw?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 05:52 AM   #403
Darekme
Enlisted Member
Poland
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Yep
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 06:03 AM   #404
johanva
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 MY2018

Yesterday I went to my official BMW dealer (Belgium, Leuven). They told me they had a list of price changes for the month July for all the models and the 2-serie or M2 is not in the list.

The demand for the M2 is not that high for the moment (everybody waiting for the LCI?) and the dealer told me if I would sign my order today, I'll have the car delivered beginning of July.

For personal reasons, I need the car not earlier than end of August so I think I'll wait a bit longer and hope for an announcement of the LCI this month.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 06:12 AM   #405
Benef1cient
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darekme View Post
Yep
Same here, mine should be the first they get after LCI in late July
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 06:25 AM   #406
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:

Wait, your dealer told you that BMW was adding more power to the LCI M2?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 06:38 AM   #407
Aerosoul Bastard
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW X1  [10.00]
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
to wide the gap between the beefed-up m240i from last year, yes
still, nothing of this is confirmed by official sources yet
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 06:45 AM   #408
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
to wide the gap between the beefed-up m240i from last year, yes
still, nothing of this is confirmed by official sources yet
I don't understand. Did your dealer tell you that's what it will indeed have, or that's what they want it to have? Big difference.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 07:01 AM   #409
AndyinHou
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2023 M2 BG O.T.W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
Quote:

Wait, your dealer told you that BMW was adding more power to the LCI M2?
I was starting to think that I was the only one that spotted the 'more power' comment!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 07:13 AM   #410
Aerosoul Bastard
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW X1  [10.00]
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
I think I made it clear, whatever, let us wait for the official specs
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 07:17 AM   #411
Verdi
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 -17, i3 REX -17

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanva View Post
Yesterday I went to my official BMW dealer (Belgium, Leuven). They told me they had a list of price changes for the month July for all the models and the 2-serie or M2 is not in the list.

The demand for the M2 is not that high for the moment (everybody waiting for the LCI?) and the dealer told me if I would sign my order today, I'll have the car delivered beginning of July.

For personal reasons, I need the car not earlier than end of August so I think I'll wait a bit longer and hope for an announcement of the LCI this month.
Wow. Seems to be very different depending on which country you're in. I was at this dinner last week where I sat between two BMW salesmen and they told me that there's a 10 month delivery if you order an M2 today.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 07:21 AM   #412
carve29
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2003 M3, 2012 335is

Take it when you can get it, whatever it is

Just got mine 3 weeks ago. It's incredible. My Dad has a M4 and drove mine and was immediately jealous. Over thinking all of this is a waste of time. Get your ass behind the wheel and drive.
Appreciate 2
SoCalRob281.00
ddk632585.00
      05-03-2017, 07:26 AM   #413
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyinHou View Post
I was starting to think that I was the only one that spotted the 'more power' comment!
It's dishonest business for a dealer to tell a customer their car will come with certain features, when they don't know that it will. Also, the rationalisation of needing a power gap between M2 and M240i is complete BS and makes no sense due to the models being priced the same.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 07:29 AM   #414
Lieutenant Biscuits
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Allegro Vanden Plas

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
I don't understand. Did your dealer tell you that's what it will indeed have, or that's what they want it to have? Big difference.
At least it's spiced-up the thread again. I was fairly confident we were only getting new lights and possibly a couple of new colours. Now I can be even more excited at the prospect of a beefed up N55. Next thing we know someone will tell us their dealer said it's going to get the B58 engine and we'll be back to where the thread started, wildly guessing at what what BWM will do

Last edited by Lieutenant Biscuits; 05-03-2017 at 08:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 07:34 AM   #415
Aerosoul Bastard
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW X1  [10.00]
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
that escalated quickly, I'm sorry
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 07:59 AM   #416
Verdi
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 -17, i3 REX -17

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve29 View Post
Just got mine 3 weeks ago. It's incredible. My Dad has a M4 and drove mine and was immediately jealous. Over thinking all of this is a waste of time. Get your ass behind the wheel and drive.
I drove the M3 and M4 with ZCP on a track event last week. The cars all had different individual colors (just loved the champagne quartz one and the british racing green was kind of cool as well) and full leather interiors. I thought they were really nice and I now find myself browsing for used M4's. But they must have that sweet full leather interior. If not, I don't see the point... Smelled so great inside from all that leather.

As I haven't driven an M2 on track yet I can't really compare but I didn't get that WOW!-feeling from the 450 hp S55 engine as I thought I would. Yes, it's fast and all that but on the way home I got a similar feeling from my 370 hp N55.

I kind of liked the raspiness of the ZCP S55 but the M2 N55 makes a sweeter noise all around.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 08:06 AM   #417
Benef1cient
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdi View Post
Wow. Seems to be very different depending on which country you're in. I was at this dinner last week where I sat between two BMW salesmen and they told me that there's a 10 month delivery if you order an M2 today.
Exactly, in Poland you wait 2-3 months from ordering, and there are several below MSRP in the lots. In Germany ppl are waiting 10+ months in some dealerships. I even got a significant discount on my LCI order here.

Last edited by Benef1cient; 05-03-2017 at 08:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 08:18 AM   #418
MBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F87 BSM M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
I would get the car as soon as you can. The LCI will always have more modern, updated features, but the car platform is the same. It is only aging and getting closer to a full redesign and/or even ending production with no future models. Additionally, life is too short with unexpected events. Enjoy the car now while you can. (I go about this with any car and not just the M2) If you have the financial ability, do it now.

It is crazy people are waiting to order to spec. If you look hard enough, you can find a dealer inventory for msrp. Again, I go back to my theory of life is too short. Enjoy the car as soon as you can!
Appreciate 0