BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Calling all Week 43 Builds

12-11-2016, 07:41 PM   #287
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_M2 View Post
Congratulations!! DCT or 6MT? MG looks beautiful.
6MT all the way. I've owned 15 cars/trucks and I'm happy to say none of them have been automatics. Not about to start now. I just really love clutching and shifting.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 07:48 PM   #288
DETRoadster
Rep

Dropped by the dealer today to buy an extended warranty that takes me out to 7 years coverage. Im in LOVE with this car and cant see myself parting with it any sooner. You guys who were on the HH and are still waiting are in for such a treat!

As I began learning all the gadgets and settings, I began to realize just how complex this car is from an engineering perspective. So many things to break and malfunction. It's my first extended warranty purchase, ever, but it's also my first BMW and I already found myself chatting with my CA about bringing it in for warranty work. Doh! I noticed both headlamp lenses are fogged up pretty bad on the inside with condensation. Going to just sit tight until the 1200 mile service, then address it if it hasn't self corrected.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 09:52 PM   #289
MR_M2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT, 2022 X7 M50i

Garage List
BMW M2  [0.00]
BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
6MT all the way. I've owned 15 cars/trucks and I'm happy to say none of them have been automatics. Not about to start now. I just really love clutching and shifting.
Sweet!! I got 6MT as well - turns up the driver engagement to 11
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 07:23 PM   #290
sdcamp0000
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Hallelujah! I made it on the Orion Highway which docked in Brunswick on the 10th. Through the VPC and on a truck! Should pick it up this week (could be the weekend) in North Carolina. Man am I psyched!
Appreciate 1
BruceM983.00
      12-12-2016, 08:51 PM   #291
MFan_Ken
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 LLB, 6MT, Exe, Car Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_M2 View Post
Sweet!! I got 6MT as well - turns up the driver engagement to 11
Same here. I have always had a stick is my sport cars/sport coupes (my car) and auto in my family vehicles (wife's). The one time I deviated was selling my Porsche to purchase an Audi A4 with auto. After 9 months I sold it to get a manual trans BMW 3 series car because I missed the shifting action and feel so much.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 10:45 PM   #292
AYurch
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dropped by the dealer today to buy an extended warranty that takes me out to 7 years coverage. Im in LOVE with this car and cant see myself parting with it any sooner. You guys who were on the HH and are still waiting are in for such a treat!

As I began learning all the gadgets and settings, I began to realize just how complex this car is from an engineering perspective. So many things to break and malfunction. It's my first extended warranty purchase, ever, but it's also my first BMW and I already found myself chatting with my CA about bringing it in for warranty work. Doh! I noticed both headlamp lenses are fogged up pretty bad on the inside with condensation. Going to just sit tight until the 1200 mile service, then address it if it hasn't self corrected.
I have the same problem with my driver's side headlamp also. It's always the little things!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 11:35 PM   #293
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYurch View Post
I have the same problem with my driver's side headlamp also. It's always the little things!
Interesting. Keep me posted on whether it goes away eventually. I'll do the same.
Appreciate 1
AYurch50.00
      12-13-2016, 12:01 PM   #294
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Waiting for LBB M2

This has become a ridiculous saga for me. My CA has ceased being of any help. In fact he told me to "calm down" in a rather snarky email, but that's another situation I'm dealing with. Genius has been pushing my ETA back every week once a boat comes in. It was the 6th. Last week they were telling me the 11th, which lined up with Orion. I had hopes for that since other 43's were on that boat, but when I called today they said ETA was now the 15th. When I called K-Line a couple weeks ago, the guy said my BOL was on Horizon Highway due 12/29, but kept saying that the BOL was for 100's of cars and not my VIN.

Desperate, I called K-Line back today and asked to speak to Lisa. I asked her if it's possible for a BOL to be on multiple ships. Being the angel she is, she takes my VIN and goes down the list. She first looks through Horizon Highway (what I was originally told) and doesn't find my car. She looks through 2 more and no car. At this point, I'm pretty nervous. Finally, she finds my VIN (MY VIN!) on Eurasian Highway due in Charleston 12/20. I'm not willing to throw caution completely to the wind, but knowing that SOMEBODY has traced my VIN to a boat has lifted a huge weight. Now I just have to sort out my issues with the CA...
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 12:25 PM   #295
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbido View Post
This has become a ridiculous saga for me. My CA has ceased being of any help. In fact he told me to "calm down" in a rather snarky email, but that's another situation I'm dealing with. Genius has been pushing my ETA back every week once a boat comes in. It was the 6th. Last week they were telling me the 11th, which lined up with Orion. I had hopes for that since other 43's were on that boat, but when I called today they said ETA was now the 15th. When I called K-Line a couple weeks ago, the guy said my BOL was on Horizon Highway due 12/29, but kept saying that the BOL was for 100's of cars and not my VIN.

Desperate, I called K-Line back today and asked to speak to Lisa. I asked her if it's possible for a BOL to be on multiple ships. Being the angel she is, she takes my VIN and goes down the list. She first looks through Horizon Highway (what I was originally told) and doesn't find my car. She looks through 2 more and no car. At this point, I'm pretty nervous. Finally, she finds my VIN (MY VIN!) on Eurasian Highway due in Charleston 12/20. I'm not willing to throw caution completely to the wind, but knowing that SOMEBODY has traced my VIN to a boat has lifted a huge weight. Now I just have to sort out my issues with the CA...
Man, you guys need to chip in and get poor Lisa a fruit basket or something. I dont feel bad about bugging the Genius line or my CA because it's part of their job, but poor Lisa never saw this coming. She's going to have to change her phone number if word gets out beyond this thread. Can you image every week 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, etc, etc, calling her when they have scheduling SNAFUs?
Appreciate 2
      12-13-2016, 12:55 PM   #296
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Man, you guys need to chip in and get poor Lisa a fruit basket or something. I dont feel bad about bugging the Genius line or my CA because it's part of their job, but poor Lisa never saw this coming. She's going to have to change her phone number if word gets out beyond this thread. Can you image every week 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, etc, etc, calling her when they have scheduling SNAFUs?
I agree. My wife has been telling me the same thing, in fact. Not quite sure how to do that, actually. I'll look into it. She's not just a disembodied angel, she must be in a brick and mortar somewhere.

Zumbido, the good news is that if Lisa found it, it is where she says it is--at least so far she has been right every time! That dealer of yours needs an attitude adjustment in any event, in my view.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 02:15 PM   #297
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG M2

Quote:
Seriously. You guys need to send KLine an email and get Lisa promoted. She is performing the Lord's work. Some next level customer service.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 02:19 PM   #298
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Believe me, if I could I would arrange for my CA's commission to be paid to her. I hated calling K-Line, but BMW was useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
I agree. My wife has been telling me the same thing, in fact. Not quite sure how to do that, actually. I'll look into it. She's not just a disembodied angel, she must be in a brick and mortar somewhere.
More than happy to chip in.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 10:13 PM   #299
sdcamp0000
Rep

Took delivery this evening. It's been 6 months since I got on the waiting list at #1. Crown BMW in Greensboro, NC. Great to work with. Brian Matthews was my guy. Kept me updated and, thanks to this forum, there were times I kept him updated. Right at 32 days from end of production to delivery and that includes the Hamburg Highway snafu. I hope that encourages those that are still waiting. The wait was worth it!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 05:37 AM   #300
zedbyers
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdcamp0000 View Post
Took delivery this evening. It's been 6 months since I got on the waiting list at #1. Crown BMW in Greensboro, NC. Great to work with. Brian Matthews was my guy. Kept me updated and, thanks to this forum, there were times I kept him updated. Right at 32 days from end of production to delivery and that includes the Hamburg Highway snafu. I hope that encourages those that are still waiting. The wait was worth it!
that was quick from the VPC to delivery. still waiting on the truck for me!!
1989 M491 Targa
1935 Ford Model 50 Pickup
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 11:30 AM   #301
AYurch
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster
Quote:
Interesting. Keep me posted on whether it goes away eventually. I'll do the same.
went in garage to take a look this morning and it's clear. my garage is also very cold so that might be why.
2007 Honda Civic Si (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 11:36 AM   #302
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
went in garage to take a look this morning and it's clear. my garage is also very cold so that might be why.
OK, thanks. Cold and dry here in Seattle and mine have been clear for a few days. Will see what happens when it starts raining again.
Appreciate 1
AYurch50.00
      12-30-2016, 04:49 PM   #303
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep

Hey fellow 43's. I FINALLY picked up my LBB yesterday. It was over a month late and even week 47's were delivering before mine, but it's all done now. I spent this morning removing all the plastic and doing an interior detail (bad weather for exterior) and this afternoon just playing around with iDrive settings. I only had a quick trip home from the dealer and took it easy in comfort mode, but I can tell something mean lurks beneath...
Appreciate 1
BruceM983.00
      12-30-2016, 04:52 PM   #304
BruceM
Major
Rep

Congrats!!

I think I may be the anchorman of this group. Mine is now at the dealer, MPerformance goodies installed, whole thing bought and paid for...but still needs to be trucked from Alabama to Seattle. Couple more weeks, it looks like....
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 06:22 PM   #305
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Congrats!!

I think I may be the anchorman of this group. Mine is now at the dealer, MPerformance goodies installed, whole thing bought and paid for...but still needs to be trucked from Alabama to Seattle. Couple more weeks, it looks like....
Oof that's brutal. I admire your patience!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 06:34 PM   #306
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbido View Post
Oof that's brutal. I admire your patience!
Believe me, if I thought impatience would get me the car quicker, I'd set new records for impatience.

But an out of town dealer doesn't care about repeat business, repair work, etc. So it's all about cajoling the dude and not pissing him off, which could at worst just delay things further.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 08:59 PM   #307
cbmmm3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 RX8, 2017 M2, 2020 M2CS

Dude -you deserve a medal for patience !!! Data point - I was Week 41 Build. 2 weeks ahead of you. Picked up car on Nov 4. 8 weeks ago !!!!

I salute you
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2016, 05:02 PM   #308
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Congrats!!

Keep hanging in there. it's absolutely worth the wait!

I'm just about to schedule my 1200 mile service. I've been putting the miles on fast in an attempt to get to that first service. I have yet to floor the gas or go above 5,000 RPM. Even so it's still a complete blast to drive.
Appreciate 0