BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Calling all Week 43 Builds

12-01-2016, 07:58 PM   #221
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedbyers View Post
Should pull into Brunswick prior to Charleston according to K-Line Schedule.
Right, thanks. So from that schedule, it appears that for Brunswick deliveries of Hamburg Highway BMWs (IF they are in fact offloading those cars to other ships as some reports indicate), the dates in the next month are December 5 (Grand Duke), December 10 (Orion Highway), December 16 (Eurasian Highway), December 20 (Baltimore Highway), December 26 (Horizon Highway and Rockies Highway) and January 2 (Grand Duke). All of these ships also are scheduled to dock at Baltimore (three days before) and Charleston (one day after).

No sign of a repaired Hamburg Highway anywhere on the schedule.
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2016, 06:10 AM   #222
zedbyers
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Right, thanks. So from that schedule, it appears that for Brunswick deliveries of Hamburg Highway BMWs (IF they are in fact offloading those cars to other ships as some reports indicate), the dates in the next month are December 5 (Grand Duke), December 10 (Orion Highway), December 16 (Eurasian Highway), December 20 (Baltimore Highway), December 26 (Horizon Highway and Rockies Highway) and January 2 (Grand Duke). All of these ships also are scheduled to dock at Baltimore (three days before) and Charleston (one day after).

No sign of a repaired Hamburg Highway anywhere on the schedule.
Wow, just looked at the K-Line scheduled again, and you are right HH is gone!

I don't remember the Rockies Highway from the previous schedules....i could be wrong though.

I really wonder if they have lost track of the cars though, maybe it is just taking more days than one would think in this day and age to figure out what is where.

I am waiting for Monday to come so that I can with a bit of luck find out that a Mineral Gray M2 with my name on it showed up in Brunswick over the weekend!
1989 M491 Targa
1935 Ford Model 50 Pickup
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 07:04 AM   #223
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Waiting for LBB M2

Quote:

I don't remember the Rockies Highway from the previous schedules....i could be wrong though.

I really wonder if they have lost track of the cars though, maybe it is just taking more days than one would think in this day and age to figure out what is where.

I am waiting for Monday to come so that I can with a bit of luck find out that a Mineral Gray M2 with my name on it showed up in Brunswick over the weekend!
I hear that. No one knows where my car is at this point, so I'm just waiting for a surprise phone call saying it's ready to be picked up.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 10:29 AM   #224
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:

Just make sure it's yours. Cuz that's my car, too (but 6MT, no exec)
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 10:40 AM   #225
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
At this point, it's a free-for-all. First come first served
Appreciate 1
BruceM983.00
      12-02-2016, 12:49 PM   #226
zedbyers
Private
Rep

Quote:
i have a 6MT w/exec coming, but at this point i might take just about anything that shows up!!
1989 M491 Targa
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 12:53 PM   #227
zedbyers
Private
Rep

FWIW, Genius Hotline is still saying HH and December 3rd in Brunswick!!
1989 M491 Targa
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 01:09 PM   #228
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
FWIW, Genius Hotline is still saying HH and December 3rd in Brunswick!!
Beyond useless.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 07:32 AM   #229
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep

Grand Duke is moored in Brunswick. I spoke with my CA on Saturday and he admitted that I know more than him He was pretty confident, however, that the 12/6 date at Charleston in his system is accurate. It would need to be on the Grand Duke if that's the case, so fingers crossed. Also, I find it odd that the ships go past Charleston to get to Brunswick, then turn back around...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 01:00 PM   #230
zedbyers
Private
Rep

Yep. My SA emailed this morning and said they had reached out to the center in Brunswick and was still waiting to clear customs. He said it might take another 48 hours to know if it was on the Duke. I called the genius hotline today and they are still all about the HH being in Brunswick on the 8th.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 09:32 PM   #231
BruceM
Major
Rep

Here is another data point: The Port of Southampton now has Hamburg Highway scheduled as a "Departure" on 12/9.

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live...ned_Movements/

According to the Port's schedule, BOTH the Horizon Highway AND the Hamburg Highway are scheduled to depart on 12/9, the Horizon to Bremerhaven and the Hamburg to Baltimore. However, the K-Line schedule has the Horizon leaving for Baltimore (not Bremerhaven), and no mention of the Hamburg.

http://www.kline.com/CarCarrier-Sche...g_Schedule.pdf

l will follow up with Genius and my CA tomorrow to see whether they know anything further...

Last edited by BruceM; 12-05-2016 at 09:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 10:25 AM   #232
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

The BMW Genius tells me my car is through customs and in the VPC. Discharge from the VPC expected Thursday with the truck dropping it off at the dealer on Sunday.

My CA called me a few hours after I called the Genius and said my car is through customs, in the VPC, and scheduled to be at the dealer on Friday. Ready for me to pick up on Sunday Hmmm. Who is right? I hope it's my CA!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 04:53 PM   #233
BruceM
Major
Rep

Well, this has been a lesson in something, not sure what. Genius continues being almost entirely unhelpful. Not rude, just without any knowledge. The one bit of knowledge this one shared this morning, though, was that "some people" with cars on the Hamburg Highway have reported success in tracking their cars by contacting K-Line. So I got K-Line's number off Google, and eventually got an angel named Lisa. Lisa asked me for my bill of lading number. But my dealer said that it won't know the bill of lading number until the car arrives at the Brunswick dock.

So Lisa manually went through a list of 640 cars with my VIN number in hand. That list was not sortable, and the VINs were not in any order she could divine. She took my phone number, and after 30 minutes called me back. She found my car. It's on the Orion Highway, due into Brunswick in 4 days, on the 10th. She also gave me my bill of lading number, to be on the safe side. K-Line's own schedule puts the Orion into Brunswick on the 11th, but the ship's tracking estimates the 10th as well, and what's a day at this point?

So, no thanks to BMW, really, I have knowledge, and with knowledge comes both relief and power. I called my dealer back, and interestingly he now told me, too, that my car was arriving on December 10, but on the Hamburg Highway. I shared with him the fact that all of this had been happening because the Hamburg Highway is laid up, but at least he now seemed to have the date right. The Orion is just off the coast of Canada cruising at around 10 knots, with engines that appear to be functioning. Glory be. Back on an actual schedule.
Appreciate 2
      12-06-2016, 05:46 PM   #234
sdcamp0000
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

I talked with Genius today as well and, the same as you, got no real help due to lack of information. I am a week 45 build but got on the Hamburg just as it was leaving port. Would love to have the K Line phone information. If I can get an angel on the line maybe I can find out something regarding an estimated date if nothing else.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 06:25 PM   #235
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdcamp0000 View Post
I talked with Genius today as well and, the same as you, got no real help due to lack of information. I am a week 45 build but got on the Hamburg just as it was leaving port. Would love to have the K Line phone information. If I can get an angel on the line maybe I can find out something regarding an estimated date if nothing else.
http://www.kline.com/Corporate-Info/...e-America.html

If they can find your car electronically, they can tell you what ship it is on. The good news is that I was told definitively that there are NO more cars sitting on the Hamburg. All have been offloaded onto other boats. The only question is which boat your car is now on. Once you know that, you can go to K-line's schedule and learn when that ship is going to be at your port.

The problem is that the only way they can easily track your car from their list is by bill of lading number. Not name, not dealer, not VIN. Without the BOL number, you may not be able to prevail upon an agent to do what Lisa did. But whatever happens, it is still better than Genius, the name of which I am beginning to believe is some sort of surreal joke on BMW's part.

Last edited by BruceM; 12-07-2016 at 10:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 07:31 PM   #236
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Well, this has been a lesson in something, not sure what. Genius continues being almost entirely unhelpful. Not rude, just without any knowledge. The one bit of knowledge this one shared this morning, though, was that "some people" with cars on the Hamburg Highway have reported success in tracking their cars by contacting K-Line. So I got K-Line's number off Google, and eventually got an angel named Lisa. Lisa asked me for my bill of lading number. But my dealer said that it won't know the bill of lading number until the car arrives at the Brunswick dock.

So Lisa manually went through a list of 640 cars with my VIN number in hand. That list was not sortable, and the VINs were not in any order she could divine. She took my phone number, and after 30 minutes called me back. She found my car. It's on the Orion Highway, due into Brunswick in 4 days, on the 10th. She also gave me my bill of lading number, to be on the safe side. K-Line's own schedule puts the Orion into Brunswick on the 11th, but the ship's tracking estimates the 10th as well, and what's a day at this point?

So, no thanks to BMW, really, I have knowledge, and with knowledge comes both relief and power. I called my dealer back, and interestingly he now told me, too, that my car was arriving on December 10, but on the Hamburg Highway. I shared with him the fact that all of this had been happening because the Hamburg Highway is laid up, but at least he now seemed to have the date right. The Orion is just off the coast of Canada cruising at around 10 knots, with engines that appear to be functioning. Glory be. Back on an actual schedule.
holy cow, Lisa. Glad you finally got a real answer. I thought about reaching out to K-Line last week, but I thought I had read that someone tried and was just told to talk to BMW. I think I'll try my luck tomorrow.

I talked to my CA on Saturday who said it would come in on the 6th. I called Genius today who said the 10th. Afterward, I called BMW Customer Relations who unbelievably had no different information. I can't believe the only way to find our car is for someone to manually pore through a list of VINs.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 08:28 PM   #237
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbido View Post
holy cow, Lisa. Glad you finally got a real answer. I thought about reaching out to K-Line last week, but I thought I had read that someone tried and was just told to talk to BMW. I think I'll try my luck tomorrow.

I talked to my CA on Saturday who said it would come in on the 6th. I called Genius today who said the 10th. Afterward, I called BMW Customer Relations who unbelievably had no different information. I can't believe the only way to find our car is for someone to manually pore through a list of VINs.
Interesting that Genius told you the 10th on the same day that Genius told ME it had NO idea, and that there was NOBODY in the entire BMW organization that had more knowledge than that. Fortunately, K-Line was more forthcoming.

But if you are being told the 10th, then it is likely that your car is on the Orion as well. Orion is nearing the Port of Baltimore as I type this, at about 10 knots. So I trust we will be delivered from this ridiculous vacuum of information shortly....
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 08:13 AM   #238
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOU Docker View Post
She's sailing later this week for sea trials.
Wait, she's "sailing?" They ditched the engines and put sails on the boat? Well I guess that's more reliable than engines

Cracks me up that we all still call these things "steam-ships" and talk about them sailing.

Thanks for being our guy on the inside, SOU Docker, with all the first-hand updates. I'm relieved to hear everyone is finally off the HH and underway.

Best of luck to my fellow 43'ers. Keep the rubber side down and enjoy those beautiful new cars!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 08:35 AM   #239
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG M2

Quote:
But my dealer said that it won't know the bill of lading number until the car arrives at the Brunswick dock.
Genius should know your bill of lading. They knew mine (K-Line as well) and gave it to me. It gets assigned when your car gets to port I believe. At the very worst, when you get a ship assigned to your car.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 08:56 AM   #240
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackholescion View Post
Genius should know your bill of lading. They knew mine (K-Line as well) and gave it to me. It gets assigned when your car gets to port I believe. At the very worst, when you get a ship assigned to your car.
Yea I pressed Genius for my BOL. Unfortunately, K-Line told me that BOL was tied to the Horizon Highway, which isn't due in Charleston until 12/29. Genius still has my car scheduled for 12/10, so I basically got no further clarity
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 09:16 AM   #241
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG M2

Quote:
Yea I pressed Genius for my BOL. Unfortunately, K-Line told me that BOL was tied to the Horizon Highway, which isn't due in Charleston until 12/29. Genius still has my car scheduled for 12/10, so I basically got no further clarity
I was afraid it was tied to a specific ship and couldn't be transferred. At least some cars are moving so best of luck! That first drive will definitely wipe all frustration out of your mind.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 09:59 AM   #242
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
That's odd. Shouldn't your bill of lading be attached to the Hamburg? My BOL starts with HAM....
Appreciate 0