BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Rear Camber-lost adjustability on one side

11-30-2022, 03:27 PM   #1
Talx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Rear Camber-lost adjustability on one side

Well just a bit about my rear setup, I have solid mono balls on all of the joints except the traction and toe bars.
After installing this setup and doing about 4 more track days I checked my alignment and on the right side of the car the camber was set to 2 degrees d remained 2 degrees , on the left it was set to 2 degrees but went down to 1.7 degrees and we could only bring it back to 1.85 degrees. In the past I had both sides capable to go up to 2.1-2.2 degrees.

Car did not get hit, did not hit a curve and was never in an accident.
Mostly only tracked.

Any one have any idea what up? Could it be the rubber bushings on the toe and traction bars giving way the are causing the problem?

(Last 4 track days where at a track with mostly right hand turns)
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 12:06 AM   #2
D.Yooras
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 MY18

I'll take a shot at this, these questions may be simple but they should help narrow things down.

First question, were you aligning the car on an alignment rack under it's own weight?

Second question, did you verify the ride height was the same as the last time you checked it? (coilover type springs have a tendency to settle 10-15mm)

Third, are the toe arms factory or adjustable length?

When it comes to adjusting multi-point suspension there are many factors that can affect the factory camber adjuster in the rear. If you have a picture of the suspension on the corner you're having trouble with, that should help too.
Appreciate 0