BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Mixing used/new tires for track

02-14-2023, 11:22 AM   #1
okla_m2c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '20 BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
Mixing used/new tires for track

Hi all - I have a set of APEX EC-7's (staggered: 19x9.5 and 19x10.5's) that I purchased and will be dedicating them for track use.

I also have (1) spare PSS 245/35/19 and (1) spare PSS 265/35/19 tires. I'm thinking there is at least 60-70% tread left, but would need to measure and confirm.

Sort of a long story on why I have two spare OEM tires, one front, and one rear, but I was curious - could I purchase one new tire of each (one front and one rear) and track them accordingly? I know the tread would be different, but since the PSS's aren't directional, I could swap them to the other side every now and then. Curious to know pros/cons of doing so. I'd rather get some use out of these if at all possible and save some $$. I'd only have to purchase two tires instead of a full set. Once I'm done with them, however, I'll end up purchasing a full set (e.g. - have my eyes on some RE-71RS's).

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0